Resident Evil: The Complete Series Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I just finished RE2 with Claire A and Leon B. I like this one too. Hard to say if I like it more than RE1 though. They are similar, yet different. The voice acting and animation was much, much better though. Birkin was a decent villian, but I never really got why he just kept getting bigger and bigger on the train. :dunno

And Mr X (is that what he was called) was a major pain in the butt. He just shows up randomly and doesn't die. So he was a Tyrant I take it? And apparently the only way to kill a Tyrant is with a rocket launcher?

So how does Leon A and Claire B differ? Does Leon follow Sherry around and Claire fall in love with Ada? :lol

And is there a recommended order on RE3 or is Jill the only playable character on that one?

OK, I just finished RE2 with Claire A and Leon B. I like this one too. Hard to say if I like it more than RE1 though. They are similar, yet different. The voice acting and animation was much, much better though. Birkin was a decent villian, but I never really got why he just kept getting bigger and bigger on the train. :dunno

And Mr X (is that what he was called) was a major pain in the butt. He just shows up randomly and doesn't die. So he was a Tyrant I take it? And apparently the only way to kill a Tyrant is with a rocket launcher?

So how does Leon A and Claire B differ? Does Leon follow Sherry around and Claire fall in love with Ada? :lol

And is there a recommended order on RE3 or is Jill the only playable character on that one?

Congrats on getting through RE2. RE3 can only start with one character. You two difficulty options...insanely easy or insanely difficult.

There are also severall differences in endings in RE3 depending on how you play. For instance
Spoiler Spoiler:
Also if you thought Mr. X was a pain, wait till you face Nemesis throughout the game. He carries a rocket launcher and is faster than you so you can't out run him for long.

Nemesis was such an annoyance, especially since he's sporting a rocket launcher. Probably my least liked RE game due to that.

Nemesis was such an annoyance, especially since he's sporting a rocket launcher. Probably my least liked RE game due to that.

to me that's why it was so fun, it made the game really intense. Every time the ominous, ambient music would start I'd think "oh crap oh crap..." then BOOM, the higher paced Nemesis theme starts and id say "OH CRAP OH CRAP!"

Is there a complete collection of this series out for the PS2/PS3? (ie a box set of the first three installments or so.)

This thread is making me want to start this series.

I FINALLY just got the chance to watch RE1 in it's entirety the other night. I really enjoyed it. I know a lot have said it's not "faithful" to the game, but since I've never played them, it didn't phase me much.

Is there a complete collection of this series out for the PS2/PS3? (ie a box set of the first three installments or so.)

I FINALLY just got the chance to watch RE1 in it's entirety the other night. I really enjoyed it. I know a lot have said it's not "faithful" to the game, but since I've never played them, it didn't phase me much.

Unfortunately no. I had to get them all individually on ebay. About $10 for RE1 (Director's cut) and about $20 each for RE2 and RE3. But there is a box set called 'Resident Evil Essentials' and it has Code Veronic X, RE4, and Outbreak. Outbreak isn't really 'essential' but the other two are. I think I got that set for about $30. So about $10 each except for RE2 and RE3.

I've barely stared RE3 and I'm already planning a Brad figure :panic:

You can buy 1-3 from the PS3 store for $5.99 each. Resident Evil: The Essentials has Outbreak, Code Veronica X, and Resident Evil 4. You can buy the Gold Edition of Resident Evil 5 and have all the downloadable content for that game. If you get all these, you'd have the main series for the most part.

If you really like them and have a Nintendo Wii or Gamecube, you might also want to buy the RE1 Remake and RE0.

Since I don't have a wii, I was able to find the novelization of RE0 from my local library. So at least I got the story from that one.

Another question, is Resident Evil 3 supposed to take place before Resident Evil 2? I ask because you can fight zombie Brad in RE2 if you can get to the police station on normal mode without picking up stuff. And he is alive in RE3. I didn't know if it was one of those non-canon things or if RE3 just takes place before RE2.

Since I don't have a wii, I was able to find the novelization of RE0 from my local library. So at least I got the story from that one.

Another question, is Resident Evil 3 supposed to take place before Resident Evil 2? I ask because you can fight zombie Brad in RE2 if you can get to the police station on normal mode without picking up stuff. And he is alive in RE3. I didn't know if it was one of those non-canon things or if RE3 just takes place before RE2.

the first half of RE3 happens before RE2 and the second half of RE3 happens after RE2

The events of 2 and 3 are happening simultaneously for the most part. Some events in 3 happen before 2, though. I believe 3 starts out in the earlier stages of the T-Virus outbreak which is also signified by the larger amount of normal people you bump into that are trying to escape the zombies. When you start out in 2, basically everything is destroyed and everybody is dead already.

I allways thought RE3 took place after RE2. In RE3 when you get to the Police Station Marvin Brannaugh (I spelled that incorrectly I know) is allready dead and in RE2 he's still alive at the begginning of the game. I then assumed the rest of the game took place simultaniously.

It's hard to tell. I assume RE2 took place in a day and RE3 take place over the course of 2 days if I remember correctly. Remember Jill was out for awhile after
Spoiler Spoiler:
. But I can't really remember. I played RE3 about a month ago but it was a speed run so I didn't pay attenetion to the notes and such.

Last edited:
RE3 takes place before and after RE2.

First half takes place September 28, 1998 until Jill
Spoiler Spoiler:
. RE2 takes places the night and early morning of the 29th and 30th. The remainder of RE3 takes place October 1.

RE3 takes place before and after RE2.

First half takes place September 28, 1998 until Jill
Spoiler Spoiler:
. RE2 takes places the night and early morning of the 29th and 30th. The remainder of RE3 takes place October 1.

Yeah I belive your right. Which is funny as I said in RE3 when you get to the RPD Station, Marvin Branagh is allready dead but in RE2 he's alive for a little while.

Ah Resident Evil 3. What an evil, evil game. Easily the most intense game in the series, and all the better for it. I remember a time first play through. I was in the police station about to go down the long hallway, when suddenly Nemesis appears. I jumped (which everyone always does when he appears.) When I tried to rush past him, though, I noticed all too late that HOLY *%&# he has a rocket launcher! Ah, good times.

Back