Resident Evil: The Complete Series Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, as many of you know, HT's RE5 figures have gotten me interested in Resident Evil. So now I'm going back and playing through the games.
So I thought we'd use this thread to discuss all of the games in the series, or at least to humor me since these are new to me :lol

I just beat Resident Evil: The Director's Cut for the PS1 with Jill. I have to say, I really enjoyed it. The controls took a little getting used to and the camera angles were frustrating at times (especially when fighiting a zombie or something and it switches angles), but overall I liked it.

So now I guess I got to go through it again with Chris, and then on to RE2. :)

And is it just me, or did Wesker actually have brown hair in this game? The live actors still had him with blonde hair, but he never seemed to be in the actual game. :confused:

Cool, man. Since you just finished the first RE for PS1, picking up RE2 or the Gamecube REmake of RE1 would be the next step. The remake was also released for Wii. When I first played the remake on Gamecube, I was stunned at how good it looked back then, and I'd argue that it holds up really well.

As for Wesker...he's gone through so many revisions over the years that I haven't really paid attention to the small details.

I don't have a Wii or Dreamcube or else I would. I already have RE2, RE3, RE4, Code Veronica X, and Survivor. They are just waiting to be played. But if I ever get a Wii, I'm definatley going to get the REmake and the other Wii exclusive games.

Wesker also kinda had brown hair in RE4. You can get a used Gamecube for about $40. RE0 and Remake are highly reccommended. The remake is a fantastic game and is still one of the creepiest games I've played to date.

Wesker also kinda had brown hair in RE4. You can get a used Gamecube for about $40. RE0 and Remake are highly reccommended. The remake is a fantastic game and is still one of the creepiest games I've played to date.

But I'd still miss out on some of those Wii games.:sick

I will be watching this thread closely. Glad you liked your first play
through with RE. I think you have even more fun with the second. Although nothing beats the live action video of the first. Have fun.

But I'd still miss out on some of those Wii games.:sick

All of the Wii exclusive games, thus far, are just rail shooters. Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles do have some new content like the Wesker and Rebecca scenarios on UC and the Leon/Krauser scenarios on DC, but the rest of those games are just retellings/summaries of RE0-CVX with slight changes.

Yeah. Unless you plan on getting a Wii soon, I highly reccomend getting a Gamecube. $40 isn't a bad price and I've seen RE0 and Remake for about $10 each used at Game Crazy. The Remake also has some extra stuff the original doesn't have.

All of the Wii exclusive games, thus far, are just rail shooters. Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles do have some new content like the Wesker and Rebecca scenarios on UC and the Leon/Krauser scenarios on DC, but the rest of those games are just retellings/summaries of RE0-CVX with slight changes.

Forgot about the Ada scenario as well.

Im in the process of replaying all the games again... Right now Im gong through RE1 DC for Playstation1 and the Gamecube Ver because both are different Gamecube adds a lot more... Then on to RE 0 for Gamecube... Followed by RE2 and RE3 on Playstation... With RE 4 on Playstion 2 and Re 5 on Xbox360...

Im in the process of replaying all the games again... Right now Im gong through RE1 DC for Playstation1 and the Gamecube Ver because both are different Gamecube adds a lot more... Then on to RE 0 for Gamecube... Followed by RE2 and RE3 on Playstation... With RE 4 on Playstion 2 and Re 5 on Xbox360...

no code veronica? It's pretty crucial to the Storyline.

Being a huge Resident Evil fan myself I thought this might be interesting to share. It's video of what's been labeled Resident Evil 1.5 which is the direction that Capcom had planned to take Resident Evil 2 in but decided to scrap it at the last minute and start over. Since it was almost completed it would be nice to see Capcom finish it and release it as some type of special edition, or possibly as a bonus item in a collector edition RE game.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/QXnymHTvHrE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/QXnymHTvHrE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Being a huge Resident Evil fan myself I thought this might be interesting to share. It's video of what's been labeled Resident Evil 1.5 which is the direction that Capcom had planned to take Resident Evil 2 in but decided to scrap it at the last minute and start over. Since it was almost completed it would be nice to see Capcom finish it and release it as some type of special edition, or possibly as a bonus item in a collector edition RE game.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/QXnymHTvHrE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/QXnymHTvHrE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

They seem to scrap a lot of things, some for the better some for the worse. cough RE4 cough

Back