Media Resident Evil General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How was the rpd different in re2 vs 3?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The entire front outside was completely blocked in RE3. Unless dying Marving thought he should declutter outside up, Claire would never have got into the RPD and wouldve been devoured. Also makes no sense that Brad would be under the entrance in RE2 when RE3 it was all barricaded. Outbreak makes no sense either with the officers leaving Marvin as RE3 shows the streets were entirely different to Outbreak. Continuity really wasnt strong with Racoon City.

. The doors were strongly bordered up to the Licker room and the doors leading to the other offices/interrogation area/lighter puzzle was too which doesnt make sense. Id like to see RPD officers alive in the remake or atleast see Irons killing some. Be good to see some freshly killed officers losing their life. I always felt the RPD felt lifeless and too empty.

They could definitely expand the parts where you play as Ada and/or Sherry. Maybe even add more little sections where you take over control of them. Maybe add a new boss fight, a new form of William perhaps.

I can't wait to see how they upgrade certain event scenes like when the part where al the zombies burst through the windows unless you closed the shutters in one hallway. or the first appearance of Mr. X...damn even the Alligator fight could be more involved. There's soooo much they could do.

They should make the scene where Birkin kills hunks team playable. Make Birkin like Nemesis in that your just trying to get out of the sewers, killing zombies that block the way etc... but all the while Birkin could pop out any moment just like Nemesis could...mmmmm yes yes yes. then you get an extra boss fight against him where he knocks Hunk unconscious and then it picks up later where "the 4th survivor" starts.

I have to admit, Operation Racoon City opening was quite good if they didnt have UBCS members and the stupid out of place team you play as. It wouldve been good if you were normal USS members. But Birkin chasing you down I thought was genuinely good.

You can only go into the office with Marvin and the door that leads to the Licker hallway is blocked.

yah but this doesn't make it any different than its counterpart in RE2 lol. It's blocked because its 24 hours before RE2 and the cops are boarding **** up bc of the outbreak

the other **** outside makes no sense, theres no way zombies could move all that crap

REmake better give us more desks and offices. It's too empty to be the main precinct. Also fix the ****ed up elevation between the waiting room with the chest and Marvin's room. His room is like 5 feet higher but somehow line up :lol

I'm worried tho. Since this game has sherry in it I don't want them to give elements of re6 in this game. I want them to retcon the **** outta that game by adding new **** in it. Hell. make sherry go with Claire instead of with Leon so she won't get experimented on.

I have to admit, Operation Racoon City opening was quite good if they didnt have UBCS members and the stupid out of place team you play as. It wouldve been good if you were normal USS members. But Birkin chasing you down I thought was genuinely good.

Yeah, conceptually it's a pretty cool scenario, but its hindered by bad game mechanics and the stuff you mentioned. IF they did it right in the RE2make...it could be sooo good, scary and tense. Birkin is a pretty terrifying monster in essence...a segment where he's hunting you could be something incredible.

REmake better give us more desks and offices. It's too empty to be the main precinct. Also fix the ****ed up elevation between the waiting room with the chest and Marvin's room. His room is like 5 feet higher but somehow line up :lol

Don't forget to add a bathroom :lol

yah but this doesn't make it any different than its counterpart in RE2 lol. It's blocked because its 24 hours before RE2 and the cops are boarding **** up bc of the outbreak

the other **** outside makes no sense, theres no way zombies could move all that crap

Its different inside. Going by Outbreak all but 3 cops left (2 who die on the rooftop in RE2 and Marvin who stays behind). Jill finds Marvin fatally wounded, which means RE3 happens after Outbreak. Who boarded the doors up? They werent boarded in Outbreak were they? Why were the boards took down?

Personally, its easily explained as Capcom not wanting players to go through the RPD. I still want to know who fixed the window Nemesis jumped through.

Yeah, conceptually it's a pretty cool scenario, but its hindered by bad game mechanics and the stuff you mentioned. IF they did it right in the RE2make...it could be sooo good, scary and tense. Birkin is a pretty terrifying monster in essence...a segment where he's hunting you could be something incredible.

It would be cool if they added a proper locker room with a shower area and everything, just so you can raid the lockers and find ammo and maybe another key card or even a new uniform with a certain key. Add to that tack on a shooting range that is now overrun with zombies in the target area and create a kind of mini shooting game like they had in RE 4. Then, once you get down to the car park and basement have the cars being able to be opened up and explored for extra gear and even be able to look in the police armoured car you have to move with Ada to get to the dog pound area, maybe even find some police batons and riot gear.

It would be cool if they added a proper locker room with a shower area and everything, just so you can raid the lockers and find ammo and maybe another key card or even a new uniform with a certain key. Add to that tack on a shooting range that is now overrun with zombies in the target area and create a kind of mini shooting game like they had in RE 4. Then, once you get down to the car park and basement have the cars being able to be opened up and explored for extra gear and even be able to look in the police armoured car you have to move with Ada to get to the dog pound area, maybe even find some police batons and riot gear.

They need to add the shooting range from 1.5

Yeah no kidding. Just look at the Mansion. There was what, a couple dozen researchers and there's only one bathroom in the East Wing? :lol

A lot of the problem with the RPD is that it's still too much in the transition phase at being a Police Department and still looks like the museum.

Yeah no kidding. Just look at the Mansion. There was what, a couple dozen researchers and there's only one bathroom in the East Wing? :lol

A lot of the problem with the RPD is that it's still too much in the transition phase at being a Police Department and still looks like the museum.

I always assumed people used Neptunes tank. When ya gotta go ya gotta go.

I always assumed people used Neptunes tank. When ya gotta go ya gotta go.

:rotfl

There was a few toilets in the guardhouse, but that's a long trek if you need to drop a deuce.

There was nothing in the Lab... so I'm going to assume they were storing buckets somewhere...

I played RE6 for the first time and I'm about 3 hours in, Leon's campaign. I didn't liked it at first but I seem to be slowly warming up to it. I think the notion of RE7 around the corner might have made me more forgiving or that I enjoyed the night time setting since it reminds me of RE2. I just "rescued" Helena's sister so I saved my progress there.

I quite like the story so far since it lacks the slo-mo crap of RE5 but I'm sure the plot will take a nose dive later on. I hated RE5 because it reminds me that I'd rather play RE4 instead but RE6 (so far) seems like it's own, dumb little thing.

I played RE6 for the first time and I'm about 3 hours in, Leon's campaign. I didn't liked it at first but I seem to be slowly warming up to it. I think the notion of RE7 around the corner might have made me more forgiving or that I enjoyed the night time setting since it reminds me of RE2. I just "rescued" Helena's sister so I saved my progress there.

I quite like the story so far since it lacks the slo-mo crap of RE5 but I'm sure the plot will take a nose dive later on. I hated RE5 because it reminds me that I'd rather play RE4 instead but RE6 (so far) seems like it's own, dumb little thing.

(insertbatmanyouwillgif)

I hate the Temple of Doom crap in that. Once you go to China, it goes full retard. Ada's campaign I like, but Jake/Sherry and Chris/Piers are dog ****.

(insertbatmanyouwillgif)

I hate the Temple of Doom crap in that. Once you go to China, it goes full retard. Ada's campaign I like, but Jake/Sherry and Chris/Piers are dog ****.

How long is each character's campaign? Also, without spoilers, is the story as dumb as the gameplay? Like I said, RE5's story was abysmal, no way can this story be worse! Cant it?

Re 5 story was abysmal? I always thought that was one of its strong points, it was bringing back and tying up the loose ends from the first game.

The plot is alright, it's just everything else is a mess... and in a lot of ways just as bad as RE6. It also shares the random locales that have no fluidity to it at all. Is it fun? Sure.

RE6's plot would be fine if it made more jokes or was just a parody, but it's way, way too serious for its own good and even pretentious at some points. Ada's story was interesting though, it's basically the Separate Ways of this game and it gave some ok depth. I didn't mind it honestly and the sequences plus good puzzles made it almost good. Though it still had its share of bad moments.

RE6's main problems are the utter disaster of enemy designs (grasshoppers and giant fat zombies) as well as dumb globetrotting which I ****ing hate in any medium... not to mention having way too many protagonists. It spread itself WAY too thin.

Tall Oaks should have been the only backdrop for the game.

Is Umbrella Chronicles or Darkside Chronicles the better game? Thinking of pciking either of them up for the Wii.

Back