Media Resident Evil 7

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like Capcom is trying something new, but I don't think RE is the best place to test the waters. Especially after the series having a pretty horrible decade.

Yeah, plus I don't think (until you beat it) you can comprehend how much of a carbon copy this is to PT. Like, exactly the same sans fetus. In a way, it's quite embarrassing. :lol

Yeah, plus I don't think (until you beat it) you can comprehend how much of a carbon copy this is to PT. Like, exactly the same sans fetus. In a way, it's quite embarrassing. :lol

Like 5 seconds into the trailer I got that vibe they stole it :lol

Well, let them run with it. Konami ain't doing it, and that wasn't Silent Hill really anyway.

..what's P.T ?

..& where can I see a vid of said demo?? :lol

P.T was a demo for a cancelled Silent Hill game that came out a few years back, it was genuinely one of the most terrifying games ever made, if not the most terrifying. My friends were running out of my living room when I forced them to play it. That scary. :lol

For the demo, it's definitely on Youtube, It's called "Resident Evil 7: The Beginning Hour".

Like 5 seconds into the trailer I got that vibe they stole it :lol

Well, let them run with it. Konami ain't doing it, and that wasn't Silent Hill really anyway.

:lecture :goodpost:

My thoughts exactly. If Capcom wants to ride on that PT train, by all means do so since Konami won't. It's not like Silent Hill wasn't born from the success of RE anyway. I don't mind the rip off, much.

Btw, there are multiple endings to the demo and there's even a mysterious caller just like PT. :lol

:lecture :goodpost:

My thoughts exactly. If Capcom wants to ride on that PT train, by all means do so since Konami won't. It's not like Silent Hill wasn't born from the success of RE anyway. I don't mind the rip off, much.

Btw, there are multiple endings to the demo and there's even a mysterious caller just like PT. :lol

Is bag head man in it? :lol

P.T was a demo for a cancelled Silent Hill game that came out a few years back, it was genuinely one of the most terrifying games ever made, if not the most terrifying. My friends were running out of my living room when I forced them to play it. That scary. :lol

For the demo, it's definitely on Youtube, It's called "Resident Evil 7: The Beginning Hour".
Ah.. thanks. :duff

It's funny you know. I'm not generally a fan of horror movies & whatnot (the odd classic aside), but great well made video games? Different story. I'm totally a fan.

I have a similar memory to yours actually Ryan; years ago I had a friend & his girl over, & I was playing the OG Silent Hill. It was late. Lights off. Alternate reality Hospital section. Small dark figure in the corner of ward room as you enter.

She flipped. :lol

It's funny you know. I'm not generally a fan of horror movies & whatnot (the odd classic aside), but great well made video games? Different story. I'm totally a fan.

I have a similar memory to yours actually Ryan; years ago I had a friend & his girl over, & I was playing the OG Silent Hill. It was late. Lights off. Alternate reality Hospital section. Small dark figure in the corner of ward room as you enter.

You should play Silent Hill 2. It's genius. Truly high class and extremely subtle. I dare say it's the greatest constructed piece of fiction in gaming. It's not so much a horror game, and it's more about psychological aspects.

Is bag head man in it? :lol

There are creepy mannequins..

It's funny you know. I'm not generally a fan of horror movies & whatnot, but great well made video games? Different story. I'm totally a fan.

It's too bad you missed out on P.T, while it didn't looked a lick like Silent Hill, it was still genuinely unsettling stuff. The game didn't revealed itself to be a Silent Hill title until you beat it. Well, at least Capcom is running with that now. We'll see how that works.

After beating the demo, my impressions of how RE7 came to be must have been something like this:

Konami: Cancel Silent Hills, we don't wanna do it anymore.

Kojima: But but but, didju rike it? Aren't you ashamed of your words and deeds saying that?

Konami: Just throw it in the trash, you crazy old man! God, I can't wait for our divorce!

Capcom: Hey, what's in the trash? Oh boy oh boy! We do it!

After beating the demo, my impressions of how RE7 came to be must have been something like this:

Konami: Cancel Silent Hills, we don't wanna do it anymore.

Kojima: But but but, didju rike it? Aren't you ashamed of your words and deeds saying that?

Konami: Just throw it in the trash, you crazy old man! God, I can't wait for our divorce!

Capcom: Hey, what's in the trash? Oh boy oh boy! We do it!

I still can't believe they Engrished up the announcement of REmake 2 :rotfl

I like Capcom is trying something new, but I don't think RE is the best place to test the waters. Especially after the series having a pretty horrible decade.

The series is just having mid life crisis. :lol or an identity crisis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It gender identifies as Henry.

tumblr_n7gih3iCYq1smcbm7o1_500.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha or heaven forbid, it identifies as the lovechild of Piers and Chris

You should play Silent Hill 2. It's genius. Truly high class and extremely subtle. I dare say it's the greatest constructed piece of fiction in gaming. It's not so much a horror game, and it's more about psychological aspects.
I've been looking for a nice, reasonably priced, locally sourced (AUS PAL non digi-pak) copy of that game online EVERYDAY for the past whenever. :lol I'll be throwing a party when I get one, so expect some invites.

It's too bad you missed out on P.T, while it didn't looked a lick like Silent Hill, it was still genuinely unsettling stuff. The game didn't revealed itself to be a Silent Hill title until you beat it.
Sounds interesting, oh well.

Baseless theory:

The virus in Rev 2 was based on fear and using fear to find the perfect vessel for Alex Weskers conscious transfer, which she successfully transfered into Natalia. We see a little girl in the trailer and in the art....maybe that's natalia running this fear experiment to find the perfect vessel to bring back Wesker :panic:

Enjoyed the demo. It has very P.T feel to it and, of course, it's quite terrifying. So much nope nope nope in it. :lol

z0nwquwbb4mjdch9wavk.gif

Back