Reservoir Dogs - line dead ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LordAzrael

Origins Kurgan Crusader
Reaction score
Just received my three exclusives... not bad figures but they suffer from the buck and twisties in the packing. And the stands had to be superglued to stay put.

That said - I'll be really disappointed if I don't get a Steve Buscemi and a Quentin Tarrantino to go with them. I mean even the Palisades line managed to get out 8 figures.

I would have thought given the prominence of the actors from Dogs, and the usefulness of the black suit to a number of different customs, it would have been a no brainer to pump them out.... but no word on the rest of the dogs.

PLEASE SIDESHOW DON'T LET ANOTHER LINE DIE INCOMPLETE!

This one seemed doomed right out of the gates. I wanted to buy them, but the figures just didn't feel like they were worth the $$$ add to that no guarantee of the rest of the crew and I decided against investing in them.

Id still buy a full set of PFs if ever released.
1:6's didnt impress me too much though ....

I don't see a draw for PFs. They're all dressed in black suits. Not very visually interesting.

Yeah, but if you had a set of PF's with all of them walking that would be pretty awesome. Although the size of set-up would be ridiculous.

Having Pink and White facing off would be a cool 2 person dio or PF grouping.

For a Buck body and a black suit, this line always seemed way too overpriced for me--and when you couple that with shoddy sculpts and the fact that we probably won't see anymore Dogs--I'll pass.

I might pick up a White on the cheap to stand w/ my Jules custom by Josh though. Sucks that we won't see a Bushemi.

in that case, no human is PF worthy then ... :lol

IMO PFs are about costume and clothing, not headsculpts. Guys with sunglasses in suits=boring 12" figures, let alone PFs. Lots of human characters from films like LOTR, SW, etc are interesting. The Godfather PF pushes the boundaries of boredom, but Brando is so iconic and the fact that he works so well stand alone, it works.

Don't get me wrong, I have a ton of Sideshow figures, but, even taking into consideration the "every figure can't be made" and the "you can always come up with a why didn't they make _____" arguments, Sideshow = incomplete.
They make who they feel are the "core" of a line and thats it. I understand that some lines don't sell as well as others but when you think about it, how many Sideshow lines are complete?
Planet of the Apes - no Aldo, no TV versions, no Ape-o-nauts
Highlander - no Kurgan
Get Smart - no 99, no Hymie
Hogan's Heroes - no Kinch, no LeBeau, no Newkirk, no Carter
Buffy - no Anya, no Caleb, no Dawn
Angel - no Doyle
Universal Monsters - no Dr. Frankenstein, no Ygor, no Maleva....
Terminator 2 - no John
X Files - no Lone Gunman, no Reyes
Hellboy - no Rasputin, no Liz, no Dr. "Broom", no Myers
This Island Earth - no Exeter, no Cal, no Ruth
Twilight Zone - no Rod Serling, no fill in the _____
Outer Limits - no fill in the _____
These are just off the top of my head and from lines I followed. I'm sure there's more and that other characters could be viewed as missed.

Don't get me wrong, I have a ton of Sideshow figures, but, even taking into consideration the "every figure can't be made" and the "you can always come up with a why didn't they make _____" arguments, Sideshow = incomplete.
They make who they feel are the "core" of a line and thats it. I understand that some lines don't sell as well as others but when you think about it, how many Sideshow lines are complete?
Highlander - no Kurgan
Angel - no Doyle
Terminator 2 - no John
These are just off the top of my head and from lines I followed. I'm sure there's more and that other characters could be viewed as missed.

when Resevoir Dogs 2 comes out you will get some more :confused:

Terminator will no doubt see some more figures with the forthcoming film

as will

Hellboy 2 (wouldnt be suprised to see a Spook announcement on this)

Doubt we will see anything else unless theres a sequel or a rehash

Highlander - no Kurgan
Angel - no Doyle
Terminator 2 - no John

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I agree that SSC=incomplete.

At some point its understandable that they lose the license or they get burned out on the property themselves, but they keep picking up these new licenses and not following through with finishing the ones they have. No excuse having LOTR, Indy and GI JOE moving as slow as they are.

Frankly, I think this is a line that should never have seen the light of day.
No disrespect to any of the collecters but I agreed with this statement from the start. Seems to me SS is stretching itself to thin with lines IMHO that don't have much of a following. Reservoir Dogs has a rabid cult following, but not so much in the mainstream. Throw in that most people who may love the film most likely do not collect 1/6th scale collectibles is a recipe for a failed line if I ever seen one.

Highlander - no Kurgan
Angel - no Doyle
Terminator 2 - no John

or Wes, or Gunn, or Fred, or Illyria. :banghead

Throw in that most people who may love the film most likely do not collect 1/6th scale collectibles is a recipe for a failed line if I ever seen one.

:lecture

This line was something targeted to 1/6 scale fans that happened to like the film rather than the other way around.

If you're taking that approach you have to make sure the product is top notch or nicely priced otherwise 1/6th collectors will just buy something else because their passion isn't necessarily in it for this line. (I don't recall many people around here being overly passionate about them.)

I bet direct SSC weborders made up of like 90% of the production on this. I just can't imagine retailers ordering this product.

skull_tombstone.jpg

Back