Replacing 1/6 figure hair?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theflightyellz

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hey there, tried to have a quick search about but couldn't really find much - I've got a 1/6th hot toys Anne Hathaway head from the Selina Kyle set but I want to replace the hair with blonde hair. I haven't grabbed any other figures for donor hair as of yet since I thought it'd make sense to ask here first and go from there, I'm assuming at least a few people here must have done something similar before?
Any help/advice would be great, cheers!

Look up andyhibbs. He is great at doing this and could point you in the right direction. From the little I have done ive used mohair.

Cheers for the tip Rahmier84, I've seen a fair few guides to adding hair to figures that previously had sculpted hair but very little on replacing the hair of figures that already have it.

Hey there, tried to have a quick search about but couldn't really find much - I've got a 1/6th hot toys Anne Hathaway head from the Selina Kyle set but I want to replace the hair with blonde hair. I haven't grabbed any other figures for donor hair as of yet since I thought it'd make sense to ask here first and go from there, I'm assuming at least a few people here must have done something similar before?
Any help/advice would be great, cheers!

The Hot Toys femmes tend to have their rooted hair on a separate scalp section - you should be able to remove this (with a bit work) and then replace with a blonde scalp from a Kumik head. Or even reroot the original HT scalp.

I've also managed to cut the scalp section from an Obitsu head and fitted that on a Hot Toys girl... though you tend to have to leave the hair long & loose as skin tones don't match up and there may be a gap or two - attached, a couple of shots of my Babydoll with her Obitsu scalp;

The Adventurer by MiskatonicNick, on Flickr

*click* by MiskatonicNick, on Flickr

I re-root mine with mohair. Takes some time, but you can get the exact colour and style you want.

try dolly hair or restore a doll saran hair. both websites carry the hair Just pm me I have been rooting hair since i worked with barbie stuff. hot toys uses saran hair it looks glossy until the boil process. then looks more natural.

Mohair is ok for more natural look but it can be a b!#@ to style and split ends city if your not careful and it cost a pretty penny.

try dolly hair or restore a doll saran hair. both websites carry the hair Just pm me I have been rooting hair since i worked with barbie stuff. hot toys uses saran hair it looks glossy until the boil process. then looks more natural.

Mohair is ok for more natural look but it can be a b!#@ to style and split ends city if your not careful and it cost a pretty penny.
could you tell us how to re root hair with mohair ?

Back