Rene Belloq 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy Birthday Greg! Thanks again for the pics. I still figure that once Belloq is futzed and repainted, he'll look pretty good. He'll look especially good with Toht next to the ark! :rock

Last edited:
He looks like once futzed he should be alright. Probably have to find a place to get the Ex at somepoint.

Yeah, I'll be passing on this one. I don't see the resemblance to Belloq at all in those photos, and it simply isn't the right outfit to depict him in a 1/6 figure. A pretty nondescript figure with a generic outfit, even for an Indy fan like myself. Sideshow knew what they were doing by including the pedestal environment with a mediocre figure.

I'll wait for Toht.

I'm not one to complain, but here we go...

I'm shocked that SS used thread to create the knot in the tie. If the figure was mass-produced at $25 a pop it's acceptable, but they're charging us premium price for mediocre craftsmanship. That is just so piss poor. Hot Toys' quality standards are abundantly higher than SSC and what this tells me is SSC doesn't seem to want to compete with Hot Toys and push the envelope. For those of you who think I'm nit-picking, it really is all in the detail - if you cut corners on little things like this, eventually bigger details get ignored. It also looks like Toht is getting the same thread-knot treatment.

Sorry for the rant.

The pedestal is a pleasant surprise:

Pedestal1.jpg

Pedestal2.jpg

Pedestal3.jpg

And the real metal idol is awesome. I doubt Indy can hold it, but still. I like to hold it. :D

Details: polystone. Heavy. Hollow. Great detail. Separate base piece extension. A beautiful piece.

Verrry nice ! Thanks Greg . Have you started futzing Belloq yet ? From those initial pictures I prefer your custom Belloq. It looks more like Paul Freeman. But I can't wait to see more . ( I'm still keeping my order regardless )

Platform looks great Wor Gar. Let's see some futzed Belloq!

Can't wait for mine! Still says "Item Shipping soon." :(

And happy belated birthday!

A few more pedestal with "unfutzed" Belloq...

Belloqonpedestal4.jpg

Belloqonpedestal1.jpg

:D

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Hilarious as always! Love the pedestal, it looks really cool. Glad I got that on the way.

Can't wait to see the futzed Belloq attire, too bad it looks so 'meh' out-of-the-box, but I figure with a repaint on Belloq, and the alteration to his clothes, he'll look great with Toht and the ark.

Back