Rene Belloq 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Processing...

Processing...

Processing...

Processing...

Processing...

Processing...

:banghead

Well actually mine say "Item Shipping Soon"... But in waiting for these pics to be shown...

Processing...

Processing...

Processing...

Processing...

Processing...

Processing...

That other pic of Belloq is awful. I hope it's the pic and not the figure... Looks like a Medicom rendition.

If the figure ends up looking like that, I'll be selling it off in parts, keeping the body and headsculpt and bashing my own "safari suit" for him.

The enviro looks fantastic and the idol looks smaller, closer to scale, than the one that came with Indy.

NO pics yet????????????????.... What's up with you guys????

Share the love!!!!!!!!!!!!:whip:peace:whip

Just got home, just got BELLOQ... or BELOQQ as he's listed on the shipper.

I haven't taken him out of the box yet, and I haven't even opened the pedestal.

For those curious, the shipper is huge. Inside, two boxes:

Belloq comes in a small figure box with magnetic front flap.

The pedestal comes in a separate white box.

I'm gonna free him now to take a better look at the figure. He's very slim on extras beyond the pedestal. Suit looks nice (material and color). Sculpt looks better and nice paint...still not sure it looks like Paul Freeman though.

More in a few...

Just got home, just got BELLOQ... or BELOQQ as he's listed on the shipper.

I haven't taken him out of the box yet, and I haven't even opened the pedestal.

For those curious, the shipper is huge. Inside, two boxes:

Belloq comes in a small figure box with magnetic front flap.

The pedestal comes in a separate white box.

I'm gonna free him now to take a better look at the figure. He's very slim on extras beyond the pedestal. Suit looks nice (material and color). Sculpt looks better and nice paint...still not sure it looks like Paul Freeman though.

More in a few...

Awesome... Keep the info (and hopefully some pics AFTER futzing) coming.

Thanks guys!

OK, so here's some totally UNFUTZED pics --

Belloq1.jpg

Belloq2.jpg

Belloq3.jpg

Sorry for the dark pics, best I could do quickly before I leave for dinner.

Sculpt's better than I thought it would be. Sorta like Belloq, right? Needs more gray on his temples, although there is some streaking in his hair. But overall the paint apps and sculpt are nice.

Suit is worse than expected. Unfortunately, much like that earlier pic today. Needs futzing desperately. But I think it will look good once I get to it. The choice of material is nice. The cut is good, fits snugly -- which also creates problems when unfutzed: just looks goofy without adjustment. In truth, Belloq's suit was much baggier in the movie -- a loose linen suit -- so the fit is incorrect. But the tightness does give him a 'tailored' look, befitting his character. The other problem is the jacket is so tight, the material pulls so you can see the snap holding it together. I'm hoping futzing will fix this too.

Body isn't floppy. On mine.

Hat is tweaked. Fits nicely, but needs to be heated to regain original shape.

Tie sucks -- has thread pinching the 'knot'. Really cheap.

Shirt looks OK, awfully big collar.

Pants are too tight and too long once you pull them down from the crotch. Again, futzing -- meaning folding the cuff and ironing, will help alot.

The inside belt is OK. Nice detail to add as its unseen. A little cheap too.

Overall -- not very impressive at first go. Of course, I had issues with Indy at first too. I think some serious futzing and water treatment will work wonders and I expect to like him much more. But straight from the box... oh well.

Pedestal pictures tomorrow, with futzed Belloq. I haven't even seen the pedestal yet, so I have no comment. But it's heavy!

I expect tomorrow will bring much higher accolades.

Sorry guys. I call 'em as I see 'em.

Yea, my card was declined for this but overall I'm not really too concerned. I'd the environment but can live without it. In fact I may just swap Indy to a TT, and have him be his own single figure line. I dunno. Collecting tastes are changing I guess.

Back