Premium Format Red Skull Premium Format #2 - 2013 version-

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Red skull pf comic #2

Provided this is based on a comic Red Skull then i'll be monitoring this one very closely. Cant rule out the original PF but i cant find an Exclusive version anywhere and i just have to have the tesseract with a Red Skull PF.

I find the movie vs comic versions of characters kind of funny to read. A well sculpted Marvel Studios version of just about ANY of the Marvel characters is very close in every way to the comicbook roots of the character. The Hulk Maq, Iron Man Maq, and Captain America TFA PFs are all close to a design that has appeared in the comics either before or since the Movies started to be released... So they ARE comic versions as well. The Cap TFA PF is a depiction of Steven Rogers in WWII OR a fairly modern Cap from the Comics.

Now with that being said I am pretty sure we will see another "comic" Cap, and even a "comic" Thor soon. A new Hulk PF and Spiderman Com are already out or about to be previewed, and a modern Thor design sketch has been teased I the stu Dio tour vids from awhile back... So Cap can't be far behind. I said it awhile back that with DC releasing its BIG GUNS Marvel wasn't going to leave their biggest characters o the bench just to watch DC lines dominate the market. Now that means characters will be revisited, and it has already begun. So I am sure you will see more very soon.

I'd like to get this Red Skull if it looks good. I could care less about Cap though...burned out on him.

:thud:
HOW DARE YOU?!?!?!?

Totally kidding :wave I can understand why you may feel that way. Having said that although there have been a whole lot of Cap's released from different companies not many come close to the original PF by SSC so I'd love to get another variation of that type of PF (comic version) in the near future.

I'd like to get this Red Skull if it looks good. I could care less about Cap though...burned out on him.

HOW DARE YOU?!?!?!?

Totally kidding :wave I can understand why you may feel that way. Having said that although there have been a whole lot of Cap's released from different companies not many come close to the original PF by SSC so I'd love to get another variation of that type of PF (comic version) in the near future.

HOW DARE YOU?!?!?!?

The sooner, the better as far as I'm concerned.

There must be a new Cap on the way soon to go with this Red Skull. I've got the original & that's going to take some beating

There must be a new Cap on the way soon to go with this Red Skull. I've got the original & that's going to take some beating

Nah the original has rightfully claimed its spot as one of the best SSC comic book statues ever produced.

I do hope if another is made that it can match the quality of the original. The new Red skull is looking very promising. :yess:

Yeah I can't wait for the full reveal. I don't own the original RS so I'm looking forward to seeing this :)

I must say that the original Cap PF is the ONLY old school PF that I agonized over pre-ordering. At the time I didn't like any of the cloth PFs being released. Thor was an easy pass for me because of his cloth costume and the Hulk PF was an even easier pass because I'm just not a Kirby style Hulk fan. The leggings on Cap really bothered me. I just don't like the look of them. However, the sculpt is just mind blowing good. The EX features for the Cap PF will never be topped IMHO. I have patiently been waiting for a 1/4 fully sculpted Cap since that is the format I love the most. I will wait until one is released. However, if for whatever reason I do not like that sculpt, I think that may push me to bite the bullet and buy the Cap PF in the aftermarket. It will be the ONLY old school PF I will pick up and pay that kind of money for. I need a 1/4 scale Cap in my collection. I like the character way too much to not have him on my display shelf.

As far as this new Red Skull PF is concerned, I like it more than the old one already. I didn't like how large his eyes were on the original PF. They looked too cartoony for my tastes. This new one looks spot on to me.

Hope you get your wish filip. I said I wouldn't buy the same character twice but I think I'm just talking BS to be honest because I would find a new 1/4 Cap hard to resist & that goes for Thor & Spider-Man to. Anyway hurry SS & reveal RS please :rock

I would love a new comic version Captain America it's going to be so very hard to top the original! Now for Red Skull I really like the look.of the first pf,just captured him perfectly..Im am eager to see what SS can come up with!

Well that sneak peek photo is part of their comic con coverage from July 1st to the 31st right?

This thread needs some SDCC RS Pics. They must be out there as you can see him in the new CA thread

Back