Prop Red Book of Westmarch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I envy the Red Book J man, definately still on my list. But Sideshow and WETA keep altering my *GD* priorities on that list! :tap

I'm very happy with my version of Isildurs scroll though :wink1:

I envy the Red Book J man, definately still on my list. But Sideshow and WETA keep altering my *GD* priorities on that list! :tap

I'm very happy with my version of Isildurs scroll though :wink1:

Thanks DM :duff If it wasn't for the fact I've been able to sell some of SS GI Joe figures I'd still be envious of those that have this. Like you Sideshow and Weta are taking the free funds I can use.

I bet. I've seen a few versions out there and they look nice. N2D has one he showed in his collection thats awesome and Indy's looks fantastic as well.

The Red book has now jumped to the top of my must have list. Trying to save for this asap. If I can get the book, Rivendell, Balin & Pursuit of the Ark statues this year. I'll be one chuffed collector :hi5:

CLICK HERE to see where it all started and the creative force behind this beauty!

LOTS to read but the history and true creative powers here turned into this wonderful prop!

I remember reading ALL of that a few years ago, when I was first thinking of getting the book.

Took a bit of time, but well worth it and it helps in making one understand just the massive amount of work that went into this project, not just by Indy but also the couple of guys that edited and put the text together.

Basically reverse engineering the books, to come up with a 'journal' that still fits the plot (from Bilbo and Frodo's point of view), while making it sound like a couple of hobbits wrote it.

Really, just think about that for a moment, boggles the mind, and that's before Indy then hand wrote it all out, in distinctive handwriting styles for each Hobbit, along with all the maps/illustrations and final aging and leather binding. :thud:

All I did once I got mine, was commission a glass blower to make me a matching inkwell :lol

I remember reading ALL of that a few years ago, when I was first thinking of getting the book.

Took a bit of time, but well worth it and it helps in making one understand just the massive amount of work that went into this project, not just by Indy but also the couple of guys that edited and put the text together.

Basically reverse engineering the books, to come up with a 'journal' that still fits the plot (from Bilbo and Frodo's point of view), while making it sound like a couple of hobbits wrote it.

Really, just think about that for a moment, boggles the mind, and that's before Indy then hand wrote it all out, in distinctive handwriting styles for each Hobbit, along with all the maps/illustrations and final aging and leather binding. :thud:

All I did once I got mine, was commission a glass blower to make me a matching inkwell :lol

You are absolutely right!

That thread was a thoughful, very serious brainstorming by fans of Tolkien who came together, with Indy's involvement, and came up with a finished product! Which when Dunedain87 stated when Daniel Reeve saw the finished book, he was floored! As Daniels copy he created for the movie was only a few pages and was never completed, wow that says it all! This Redbook is a true work of art and VERY unique item to the collectors of Tolkien and will be a very much welcomed addition to my collection, all be it many years after it was commissioned.................

WOW..............:thud: :thud: :thud: :thud:

All who own this special book should feel very lucky as this is just not a prop but a true work of art!........:lecture

Last edited:
Just got an email and my Red Book and Isildur's Scroll are on their way and will be here in 2-3 weeks. :)

I bet. I've seen the book up close and its awesome so I'm stoked to have my own. I was just thinking about this and then I got my email. :rock

Those are something I dont have and I have alot...dying to get these...just too tough right now financially...The book is IMHO the best LOTR prop period...grats to all that get or have this:clap

Those are something I dont have and I have alot...dying to get these...just too tough right now financially...The book is IMHO the best LOTR prop period...grats to all that get or have this:clap

Yeah, its pretty sweet. If it wasn't for some stuff I sold selling for my price I don't think I'd be getting it.

You're gonna love it. The book is one of the best props if not the best prop out there.

I have no doubts. It's really does border on the perfect item representing Middle-earth. I am very excited for this to get here.

Amen to that!

It was your book and seeing it a few times that got me thinking just how much I wanted this in my collection. :rock

Back