Prop Red Book of Westmarch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red Book - One Ring by theguru1, on Flickr

You can see a set of pics here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/theguru1/sets/72157625079036427/

To answer the other question, he hand wrote each page (in some cases a single page took over 2 hours), that was then scanned and printed on to top quality "water type paper". He then hand ages each page, before binding it all around real leather.

YEAR NICE DISPLAY!!!

I looked at your photo album and you have missed nothing! WOW!
Thanks for sharing!!!

Can someone send me the email address to get in contact with Indy. Think ill make a run at this book.

Can someone send me the email address to get in contact with Indy. Think ill make a run at this book.

Josh, from the looks of it and seeing on how it is a "rare" prop collectible, and how the content was developed, this is a win-win for the price, I can not wait to get mine!!!

I agree. I've just been lazy about getting the process started but I'm afraid time is running out to get one. So I better get on it. Having seen Wetanut's I know it's amazing. I've sent an email so we will see what happens.

Glad you guys are getting it! You'll love it! I highly recommend the extra weathering too.. I get that some people want it to look brand new, but when you think of the fact that the book is decades old.. has made the trip with bilbo, then back with him and frodo, and then passed to at least frodo, and later sam for many years, it's seen a lot of opening and such. It's not drastically weathered, just enough to make the red leather a little darker and a little more creased/broken in. I'll try to get a pic up so you can see my weathering and maybe compare it to someone who has theirs plain?

Glad you guys are getting it! You'll love it! I highly recommend the extra weathering too.. I get that some people want it to look brand new, but when you think of the fact that the book is decades old.. has made the trip with bilbo, then back with him and frodo, and then passed to at least frodo, and later sam for many years, it's seen a lot of opening and such. It's not drastically weathered, just enough to make the red leather a little darker and a little more creased/broken in. I'll try to get a pic up so you can see my weathering and maybe compare it to someone who has theirs plain?

YES please do! In my talks with Indy he stated he is using a different style and color of leather so it does not look so RED so I am curious how this differs from what you have. Yes please post some pics and if the others who have it, please do also, FRITZ......and THANKS!

Yeah, very curious to see the difference. Looking forward to getting the process started with Indy and getting that reply email.

I've just emailed Indy to ask how long he plans to continue making these books. I'm trying to save for both this & the Pursuit of the Ark statue. Hope I don't miss out on this fabulous book

Yeah, I emailed him via the email me link on his website and its the same as the one that was pm to me.

I must admit to selling almost all of my collection including my redbook, I have to say this Redbook, Indy's, is the only thing I have ever slightly regretted selling. Simply because it's so beautifully detailed, crafted and written.
I would recommend anyone who loves this story to get one :duff

If anyone is considering buying one, just go for it. The book is a treasure in it's own right and can be displayed as such but it is also stunning alongside any LOTR/Hobbit collection too.
x :peace

Think it was yesterday or maybe this morning. I forget I've sent so many emails this weekend, mainly for job applications....so many tedious forms

Think it was yesterday or maybe this morning. I forget I've sent so many emails this weekend, mainly for job applications....so many tedious forms

Cool! I figure he will get back soon. If not ill email him again.

Edit: Just got a reply back. :)

Nice and so, you like or?????

Oh yeah, it's awesome. Worth every penny.

dsc0793ha.jpg

Back