Prop Red Book of Westmarch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are at least 2 types of 'hand writing in the Red Book. Bilbo's spider scrawl and Frodo's bold hand. There may even be input in Sam's hand :lecture

There's even more then that actually.

Yes you have 3 very distinct hand writing styles for Bilbo, Frodo and Sam, plus you have a few general pages from Men, Dwarves and Elves.

All unique and all matching the character/race and yet all done by one person. To say Indy did an outstanding job is an understatement.

WOW, VERY, very nice!

Being new to the "prop" items, this is a cool one to have, BUT for that price I would rather have a WETA version of Bilbo's contract first.....

WOW, VERY, very nice!

Being new to the "prop" items, this is a cool one to have, BUT for that price I would rather have a WETA version of Bilbo's contract first.....

No way...I would rather have the book then the Contract any day!

No way...I would rather have the book then the Contract any day!

Maybe but my thinking is that WETA will sooner then later stop making Bilbo's contract and it is made by the artist, Daniel Reeve, who created it for the movies where as this redbook is not. I just need to see more of it to pull the trigger.....

Maybe but my thinking is that WETA will sooner then later stop making Bilbo's contract and it is made by the artist, Daniel Reeve, who created it for the movies where as this redbook is not. I just need to see more of it to pull the trigger.....

As an owner of both and I dearly love each of them, if I had to make a choice, I'd get the Redbook any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

As an owner of both and I dearly love each of them, if I had to make a choice, I'd get the Redbook any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Wow that is a heck of an endorsement!!

THANKS!

Do you have any pictures to share?

I've seen the book upclose at a friends place. Its amazing and if I can get it I will. It would be $500 well spent. Seriously it is one of the best Middle-earth based collectibles I've ever seen.

I've seen the book upclose at a friends place. Its amazing and if I can get it I will. It would be $500 well spent. Seriously it is one of the best Middle-earth based collectibles I've ever seen.

Thanks Josh, I take it he wrote it by hand then scanned the book for orders?

Wow that is a heck of an endorsement!!

THANKS!

Do you have any pictures to share?

Red Book - One Ring by theguru1, on Flickr

You can see a set of pics here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/theguru1/sets/72157625079036427/

To answer the other question, he hand wrote each page (in some cases a single page took over 2 hours), that was then scanned and printed on to top quality "water type paper". He then hand ages each page, before binding it all around real leather.

I have the Red Book by Indy as well and it's worth every penny...and although it was an ouchie to my cc at the time, I have NEVER regretted its purchase. I have Bilbo's contract from Noble and it serves as a good temporary "place holder" until I can see my way to getting Weta's. It's pretty low on my priority list; however, if they ever announce stopping the production, then it will move quickly up to #1.

Not familiar with Indy's production practices, but if he does ever cease production of an item, this book may very well be closer to being ended than the Weta contract. This Red Book has been on the market for about 7-8 years now, I believe. Fritz and Guru would definitely know when Indy started selling them.

I have the Red Book by Indy as well and it's worth every penny...and although it was an ouchie to my cc at the time, I have NEVER regretted its purchase. I have Bilbo's contract from Noble and it serves as a good temporary "place holder" until I can see my way to getting Weta's. It's pretty low on my priority list; however, if they ever announce stopping the production, then it will move quickly up to #1.

Not familiar with Indy's production practices, but if he does ever cease production of an item, this book may very well be closer to being ended than the Weta contract. This Red Book has been on the market for about 7-8 years now, I believe. Fritz and Guru would definitely know when Indy started selling them.

Wetanut thanks for your opinion this has been on my mind for well over over 9 years now, since ti was a HUGE topic on a different forum, the true drivers of this project! After reading though hundreds of pages and seeing on how EVERYBODY loves this prop, my interest has peaked at an all time high!

Fritz you out there, LETS HEAR IT!!!! :wave :impatient:

Does AK have one also?

Any more pics??

I'm currently saving up for this. I remember seeing the prop at the Science Museum in London. It was beautiful, its this one prop I would chose from LOTR if Sir Pete gave me the choice

Love mine. I had him weather it for me too nice and good, so the cover is a bit darker, creased lightly, and just perfect for what i wanted. Indy really does a great job with giving you exactly what you want!

I saved for this for years, knowing it was gonna be my first big dip into major prop spending.. and then, less than a year later, now i drop 700 bucks on barad-dur and just roll with the flow.. lol. ahhh credit card debt. so nice. :/ :)

Seriously though, I can read this thing for hours. It's so detailed, and the illustrations and maps are so beautiful! And just the feel of that thick leather is amazing. The only other prop that inspired that level of awe at the detail to me was my grail diary. Equally awesome level of detail.

If you go for the red book, might I also suggest asking for one of isildurs scroll? i got them both at the same time, and love the display the scroll provides too! :) I only have pics on facebook at this time, sadly, but i'll see what I can do!

Love mine. I had him weather it for me too nice and good, so the cover is a bit darker, creased lightly, and just perfect for what i wanted. Indy really does a great job with giving you exactly what you want!

I saved for this for years, knowing it was gonna be my first big dip into major prop spending.. and then, less than a year later, now i drop 700 bucks on barad-dur and just roll with the flow.. lol. ahhh credit card debt. so nice. :/ :)

Seriously though, I can read this thing for hours. It's so detailed, and the illustrations and maps are so beautiful! And just the feel of that thick leather is amazing. The only other prop that inspired that level of awe at the detail to me was my grail diary. Equally awesome level of detail.

If you go for the red book, might I also suggest asking for one of isildurs scroll? i got them both at the same time, and love the display the scroll provides too! :) I only have pics on facebook at this time, sadly, but i'll see what I can do!

I hear you!!! :clap

After much, much debate and thought, I am going for it(+Isildur's Scroll) :yess:
I have been in talks with Indy for well over 2 years now and he is 1000% professional and answers EVERY email I have sent him! With the props you guys have given him and with the others in a different forum, the originators of the idea and creative force behind its content, I have now decided to get this prop instead of the Sauron PF. I already have the SSW Sauron so do I really need 2? Seeing that I am getting into the props more and more now and most importantly, this is not a mass produced prop by any means, I will be at least 1 of about 100 so far to get this beauty! I feel my SSW and Weta statue collection, for the most part, is complete, I am running out of room! He is back logged about 3-4 months so it will have to wait till this summer to get it but I can wait!!!

Indy bring it ON!!! :bow :dance :banana :bow

Last edited:
..Fritz you out there, LETS HEAR IT!!!! :wave :impatient:
Does AK have one also?

I got it back in 2005. Yeah AK has one as well. Don't you remember, it was a collaboration between Indy Magnoli, Dunedain87 and ob1al with contribution by choopie from LotRG.

I got it back in 2005. Yeah AK has one as well. Don't you remember, it was a collaboration between Indy Magnoli, Dunedain87 and ob1al with contribution by choopie from LotRG.

Nice and so, you like or?????

Back