Recaster?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mmmmBrains

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just want to give everyone heads up I strongly believe CodyH is Odell or connected to recasting. I am selling a WGP sculpt in the forums and I get a message from CodyH wanting to buy. Cool deal, I receive payment from [email protected]. I then remember that name from a recaster on eBay... If you look closely they have air bubbles in the ears. I know they're not originals. The sellers name is also Bcunning.... Red flag. Odell is dumb enough to put/have them put "from Odell Young" in the payment message. :lol Payment was refunded. I then confront CodyH and he says "dude I can assure you he doesn't recast". Also, "Cody" messaged me asking to send it to "Beavercreek OH 45440" exactly where I sent a Trinity sculpt cast to before when Odell had bought one from me. That was before I knew he was up to no good.

He joined in August, wants a lot of custom stuff, is connected to a recaster on eBay and Odell. What do you all think? P.S. I would never make this thread unless I was totally sure.

Last edited:
I think it's important that recasters be identified when there is sufficient evidence that this is taking place. The kinds of witch hunts we don't need are instances where people make claims with no real evidence, or try to call out customers of recasts who aren't recasting/re-selling, and you're doing neither of those things here.

Witch Hunt.....but because of not enough posts and one claiming this....I'll be banned I'm sure as this is how sideshow freaks works. You stated you sold a Trinity yet I don't see Trinity recasts on that eBay site. Hell I have only 100 posts so who listens? I need 4000 just be "included".....whatever dude....

I agree with Karamazov. You have significant evidence that the guy is Odell. A witch hunt would occur if there isn't any strong evidence. You have strong evidence and you are warning others in case they would sell a custom piece to Odell. It reminds me of what occured at another toy thread I go to where a regular member got ripped off of 60 dollars from another member. After he was ripped off, he searched the forum, and sure enough, the guy who ripped him off is an infamous scam artist who rips people off by many multiple accounts. Because the guy was in hiding for a few years, his victim didn't know about the guy's reputation - stuff like the guy's name (Matt Mason) or the guy's location didn't triggered a red flag to the victim since he was either not a member at the time the scam artist was active or never paid attention to the threads until he was ripped off. With that said, thank you for the heads up. I am sure if you didn't make this thread, there would be people who has never heard of Odell would sell custom pieces to him.

Witch Hunt.....but because of not enough posts and one claiming this....I'll be banned I'm sure as this is how sideshow freaks works. You stated you sold a Trinity yet I don't see Trinity recasts on that eBay site. Hell I have only 100 posts so who listens? I need 4000 just be "included".....whatever dude....

He has damming evidence on you, dude. If we want more proof, I am sure a mod can get your ip address to see who you really are.

Btw, how do you know how Sideshow Freaks works and that you would get banned for sure? Aren't you too new to know how SSF works? And there hasn't been a lot of people banned recently other than Q, who used an alias here.

I just checked my paypal history (I accidently bought a Dexter head recast a year ago - I did not know it was a recast until someone mentioned that Odell is a recaster months later.) and I can confirm that [email protected] is Odell's paypal account.

Last edited:
If it IS odell...you probably found a way to bypass or work around the IP thing cause I think mods will red flag odell's IP immediately. I am not one for witch hunts but thank you brains for letting us know.

Just want to give everyone heads up I strongly believe CodyH is Odell or connected to recasting. I am selling a WGP sculpt in the forums and I get a message from CodyH wanting to buy. Cool deal, I receive payment from [email protected]. I then remember that name from a recaster on eBay... If you look closely they have air bubbles in the ears. I know they're not originals. The sellers name is also Bcunning.... Red flag. Odell is dumb enough to put/have them put "from Odell Young" in the payment message. :lol Payment was refunded. I then confront CodyH and he says "dude I can assure you he doesn't recast". Also, "Cody" messaged me asking to send it to "Beavercreek OH 45440" exactly where I sent a Trinity sculpt cast to before when Odell had bought one from me. That was before I knew he was up to no good.

He joined in August, wants a lot of custom stuff, is connected to a recaster on eBay and Odell. What do you all think? P.S. I would never make this thread unless I was totally sure.

Can you post a screenshot of the paypal transaction (blank out any of your personal information, of course) for evidence that CodyH is Odell?

I just checked my paypal history (I accidently bought a Dexter head recast a year ago - I did not know it was a recast until someone mentioned that Odell is a recaster months later.) and I can confirm that [email protected] is Odell's paypal account.

You accidentally bought one?? LOL
That is the excuse EVERYONE uses when it comes to buying a recast. You think everyone popping up with Walter White's isn't a recast? You accidentally bought one.....LMAO

He has damming evidence on you, dude. If we want more proof, I am sure a mod can get your ip address to see who you really are.

Btw, how do you know how Sideshow Freaks works and that you would get banned for sure? Aren't you too new to know how SSF works? And there hasn't been a lot of people banned recently other than Q, who used an alias here.

Dude EVERYONE talks about how bad the freaks are when it comes to TROLLS and customs. Let's see....Denny Kim already stated about not posting on here because of constant thread comments about their work.....Rainman's threads are the most popular to get issues started. The only good thing about the site is grabbing good quality work from certain artists. Oh and why was I trying to buy clothing as well??? I guess so I can recast clothing too....lol.
Whatever.....have fun with the troll thread.....mods.....do ur thing as always.

Dude EVERYONE talks about how bad the freaks are when it comes to TROLLS and customs.
Yes, the likes of you.
Let's see....Denny Kim already stated about not posting on here because of constant thread comments about their work.....Rainman's threads are the most popular to get issues started.
Rainman's customs are amazing. All inferior to his are subjected to criticism.
The only good thing about the site is grabbing good quality work from certain artists.
So you can recast them for your own benefit.
Oh and why was I trying to buy clothing as well??? I guess so I can recast clothing too....lol.
Yes, who knows what you recasters are up to.
Whatever.....have fun with the troll thread.....mods.....do ur thing as always.
Good bye, recaster :wave

What sculpts has this odell person recast?

Ppl need to know especially the people who create the sculpts

I hate seeing Q on ebay selling madbug myers sculpt and 2 or 3 beto sculpts

Sux so bad

Denny Kim already stated about not posting on here because of constant thread comments about their work......

Funny thing is, Odell keeps trying to kiss a ss on fb and chime in how bad the freaks (On Denny's comments)

I hate seeing Q on ebay selling madbug myers sculpt

I love the way Madbug tackled this though ! He didn't bow out of the game, he started selling on ebay himself so people who don't have access to these forums can see for themselves and buy genuine stuff. I wish Trevor had done the same rather than going forward with an alternate route.

Last edited:
Last I heard from Odell he was using this email address as a cover: [email protected]

This is what he said to me last: (in reply to me saying 'hi Odell')

Man look....I'm trying to be legit about it. I've already got one person that would be willing to let me borrow theirs so I can make one for myself. I'm trying to purchase my own from you guys. Would u rather I buy from you or have my buy from ebay? Hell all I'm trying to do is complete my set and move on to the next......

SEE - he IS innocent - he just wants to recast for HIMSELF!!! :D

Ok looks like its him from the response but don’t see the big deal really.
I know thats not good form round here but I don’t have a problem buying a recast if its cheap and good quality.
Started off buying diver recasts and some are very good.
I have one on my taxi driver and am quite happy with it.
Can’t understand the snobbery and elitism with the high end figures.
If the prices were more affordable to start with there would be no need to recastfor profit.
Havn’t got a problem with this guy whoever he is making money for offeting a product people seem to want and are happy with.
When you say "I was ripped off"
Because it was recast?
Poor quality?
You got no item?
Paid too much?
If the quality is good and a reasonable price fair enough.
As long as you know what your buying is a recast and not overlypriced as an original.
If your talking 40 pound for a rainman dude then thats too much imo.
Just my 2 cents.
I don’t recast and buy genuine and recasted sculpts depending what I can afford and what is available as do many hear knowlingly or not.
If that means some people will not sell to me in the future so be it.
Think I’ve had it with customs for a while.
More important things in life.
Great artists great work.
Useless dramas.
Said what has been on my mind for a long time but feared the backlash not bothered anymore.

People can buy what they please, but Dave has made it a stated forum policy to combat recasters on the forum by not allowing them membership (which led to Headplay and Q being banned), and not allowing for the explicit sale of recast items on the board. It is harmful to the custom artists that want to sell things to the boardies, and largely contributed to Trevor Grove leaving the board and not doing many 1/6 sculpts anymore. So actually, custom collectors do suffer when recasting is allowed here. Regarding officially produced items, these are also not allowed, in part because SSC frowns on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back