Real "ghost" stories

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never really believe in paranormal stuff till I had an experience of my own last week.

Twice a month, I have to perform operational turnout duties and that requires me to sleep overnight at my office.

After working till about 3 am, I decided to take a rest at the Duty Officer dormitory. As I tried to sleep, I heard loud noises which sounded like someone running around at the corridor just outside my dormitory.

I was really annoyed as I thought that my duty crew were playing pranks on me. When I opened the door, no one was there. I walked towards my duty crew dormitory and saw that everyone was sound asleep! As I walked to the rest room to wash my face, I heard flushing sounds coming from one of the cubicles. I checked every cubicles and realised that I was alone. I was quite frightened as my dorm is a good distance away from the crew dorm.

I went back to my dorm and locked the door. When I laid down on the bed, I heard someone running again. This time, the noise was getting louder and I was certain I heard the laughter of a child! I was really creeped out and despite my growing fear, I decided to unlock the door and investigate.

Once again, there was no one around. I quickly walked towards the crew dorm and waked my crew up and related my experience to them. As we were talking, all of us could hear the invisible 'runner' moving around.........my crew told me that they have heard the noises before and they have gotten used to it. They told me to ignore the disturbance and try to get some sleep.

I went back to my dorm and couldn't sleep as the noises continued into dawn. At exactly 7 am, the noises stopped completely.

Till today, I couldn't figure out what exactly caused the noise.....

this is an excelent thread, great stories guys!

there are tonnes of stories about the supernatural from my part of the planet. malaysians can be a pretty superstitious bunch, and the spirit world is something we take as almost a normal part of life. it's just an unspoken thing.

for example, when entering a jungle, the understood rule is NEVER ever use foul language, or pee indiscriminately on old rocks or trees. if u have to do so, u must "apologize, then ask for permission" first. the fear is that we might upset the "residents" there. believe it or not, some folks have disobeyed these rules to their detriment. there have been countless stories of people being found in a daze several days later, circling the same tree over and over again til their feet bled. and sometimes, they're found dead.

I just get done reading this thread and I hear what sounds like someone throwing a spoon into my kitchen sink. My kitchen sink is stainless steel so you know how loud that was.

Thanks guys! :(

I took a ghost turd once, felt it, smelt it, but when I looked in the toilet nothing was there :horror

True story.

this is an excelent thread, great stories guys!

there are tonnes of stories about the supernatural from my part of the planet. malaysians can be a pretty superstitious bunch, and the spirit world is something we take as almost a normal part of life. it's just an unspoken thing.

for example, when entering a jungle, the understood rule is NEVER ever use foul language, or pee indiscriminately on old rocks or trees. if u have to do so, u must "apologize, then ask for permission" first. the fear is that we might upset the "residents" there. believe it or not, some folks have disobeyed these rules to their detriment. there have been countless stories of people being found in a daze several days later, circling the same tree over and over again til their feet bled. and sometimes, they're found dead.

From what I understand, the Mong people are also superstitious if you fall or trip in a cemetery it is believed that you will die days from the incident and that you need a shaman to cure the curse, and sometimes that doesn't work. One day some of my friends were telling me all the Mong beliefs and I'm not superstitious at all but was quite freaked out.

I use to get sleep paralysis a lot. This is when you wake up in the middle of the night and your whole body is paralyzed and the only thing you can move is your eyes. You hear rushing sounds of wind in your ears and your whole body is covered in an electrical vibration. You can try and scream but no sound will come out. When in this strange and frightening state I would sometimes see shadows moving around the room or I would see a scary woman who looked like an old witch just stand at the foot of my bed or even hover over my bed and just stare at me with an evil grin. Other times I would see demon creatures just looking really close to my face. While all this was going on I could actually see my girlfriend sleeping next to me from the corner of my eye. I would try and yell to her but no sound would come out. While trying to yell to her these entities would just continue looking at me. But when I would break out of this paralysis my bed sheets would be covered in a cold sweat and my heart would beat really fast in terror. Sometimes I think I was half way in the physical world and the spirit world which is why I was able to see these things. Also not all the entities that I saw seemed evil. I remember one time a voice was talking directly to me and kept saying ”how are you…what is your name…please tell me your name” in an excited and anxious tone. It was almost like he was happy that I can actually hear his voice. Again my girlfriend was asleep and couldn’t hear anything.

People that I’ve talked to all have their theories but no one truly knows for sure. There are lots of things that cannot be explained. Some say it was connected with Astral Projection. This is when your spirit or essence can actually leave your body. I remember times while sleeping I have actually hovered towards the ceiling looking down and then when I realized I can see myself sleeping I would immediately zoom right back into my body and wake right up. Monks and mystics who meditate can actually perform Astral Projection on cue and leave their body. They say when you do this you can leave the physical world and enter the world of spirits. Maybe I did this by accident which is why I saw these spirits. But like I said before no one really knows. It may have just been a dream or it could have been something else. Whatever it was it was extremely intense.

Last edited:
I took a ghost turd once, felt it, smelt it, but when I looked in the toilet nothing was there :horror

True story.

I have seen ghost turds. They are, in my own opinion, the only true evidence of ghosts. I find them under my bed when I clean there every 2 or 3 years. Some people tell me that they are just clumps of dust that gather and blow around under there.

But I know better.

I use to get sleep paralysis a lot. This is when you are wake up in the middle of the night and your whole body is paralyzed and the only thing you can move is your eyes. You hear rushing sounds of wind in your ears and your whole body is covered in an electrical vibration. You can try and scream but no sound will come out. When in this strange and frightening state I would sometimes see shadows moving around the room or I would see a scary woman who looked like an old witch just stand at the foot of my bed or even hover over my bed and just stare at me with an evil grin. Other times I would see demon creatures just looking really close to my face. While all this was going on I could actually see my girlfriend sleeping next to me from the corner of my eye. I would try and yell to her but no sound would come out. While trying to yell to her these entities would just continue looking at me. But when I would break out of this paralysis my bed sheets would be covered in a cold sweat and my heart would beat really fast in terror. Sometimes I think I was half way in the physical world and the spirit world which is why I was able to see these things. Also not all the entities that I saw seemed evil. I remember one time a voice was talking directly to me and kept saying ”how are you…what is your name…please tell me your name” in an excited and anxious tone. It was almost like he was happy that I can actually hear his voice. Again my girlfriend was asleep and couldn’t hear anything.

People that I’ve talked to all have their theories but no one truly knows for sure. There are lots of things that cannot be explained. Some say it was connected with Astral Projection. This is when your spirit or essence can actually leave your body. I remember times while sleeping I have actually hovered towards the ceiling looking down and then when I realized I can see myself sleeping I would immediately zoom right back into my body and wake right up. Monks and mystics who meditate can actually perform Astral Projection on cue and leave their body. They say when you do this you can leave the physical world and enter the world of spirits. Maybe I did this by accident which is why I saw these spirits. But like I said before no one really knows. It may have just been a dream or it could have been something else. Whatever it was it was extremely intense.

This happened to my mom, once. She said it felt as if a man were laying on top of her and holding her wrists. She said he felt so heavy that she could barely breath. But her eyes were open and she could not see anyone there.

Truthfully, I believe it is some type of paralysis. Possibly somehow tied to sleep apnia (sp?).

I use to get sleep paralysis a lot. This is when you are wake up in the middle of the night and your whole body is paralyzed and the only thing you can move is your eyes. You hear rushing sounds of wind in your ears and your whole body is covered in an electrical vibration. You can try and scream but no sound will come out. When in this strange and frightening state I would sometimes see shadows moving around the room or I would see a scary woman who looked like an old witch just stand at the foot of my bed or even hover over my bed and just stare at me with an evil grin. Other times I would see demon creatures just looking really close to my face. While all this was going on I could actually see my girlfriend sleeping next to me from the corner of my eye. I would try and yell to her but no sound would come out. While trying to yell to her these entities would just continue looking at me. But when I would break out of this paralysis my bed sheets would be covered in a cold sweat and my heart would beat really fast in terror. Sometimes I think I was half way in the physical world and the spirit world which is why I was able to see these things. Also not all the entities that I saw seemed evil. I remember one time a voice was talking directly to me and kept saying ”how are you…what is your name…please tell me your name” in an excited and anxious tone. It was almost like he was happy that I can actually hear his voice. Again my girlfriend was asleep and couldn’t hear anything.

This is awesome, my mother has sleep paralysis and talks about things she has seen.

I've also done or experience the leaving the body state but only once and freaked the ^^^^ outta of me. I explain it to my fiancee but she just keeps telling me that I was dreaming. I basically slid off the bed and hover down to the carpet. It was too the point to where I could feel the rug on my face and look underneath my bed but I was conscious and then hovered back to my body that was laying onto of the bed. This was some scary ^^^^ and only happened to me once and I don't know how I did it. It was all so real and mega vivid for it to be a dream but most of my dreams have great detail in them as well. I guess I could of dreamed it but I remember it so much from the exact point I hovered back into my body. :banghead

Ah yes the witch.......this has happened to me once. I was sleeping and the next thing i know i wake up because i cannot breath, i look straight up and an old hag is on top of me. My ex-wife (we were still married then) hears me trying to breath and sees my stuggling with nothing. I finally break out of it and can breath again and after awhile i fall asleep and it happens again. In total it happened 3 times that night and has never happened again.

I have done some research and the hag or witch arrives when one of two things happen, someone basically unleashes her on you - a hex if you will - or when you are really sick and vulnerable.

My ex-wife and myself put together that it was her aunt who called it on us - she is bat-s#%t crazy and into all that crap, she also thinks everyone is trying to ruin her life - because things started happening to my ex-wife as well. We put the protection of Christ's white light around the house and it stopped so there you go.

Ah yes the witch.......this has happened to me once. I was sleeping and the next thing i know i wake up because i cannot breath, i look straight up and an old hag is on top of me. My ex-wife (we were still married then) hears me trying to breath and sees my stuggling with nothing. I finally break out of it and can breath again and after awhile i fall asleep and it happens again. In total it happened 3 times that night and has never happened again.

I have done some research and the hag or witch arrives when one of two things happen, someone basically unleashes her on you - a hex if you will - or when you are really sick and vulnerable.

My ex-wife and myself put together that it was her aunt who called it on us - she is bat-s#%t crazy and into all that crap, she also thinks everyone is trying to ruin her life - because things started happening to my ex-wife as well. We put the protection of Christ's white light around the house and it stopped so there you go.

damn this is some crazy ****! I don't know how you went back to sleep dude. I'd be doing that Freddy Krueger **** where I'd eat coffee to stay awake and crap :lol And I friggin hate coffee :lol

That is messed up man... :sick

I had a few "abnormal" encounters when I was a kid and teenager. Hope I won't have them anymore.

BTW, is it possible for you to hand scatch the floor plan of your house (the one that have problems) and use a compass and take a reading in front of your house (make sure no magnetic interferance and let me know which direction (in degrees) is it facing?

I am a Feng-Shui consultant. I want to do a study.

Sorry I was away a bit. I could do the floor plan but I have never had any experience with giving directional degrees, is there a common technique or do I have to have certain type of compass?

damn this is some crazy ****! I don't know how you went back to sleep dude. I'd be doing that Freddy Krueger **** where I'd eat coffee to stay awake and crap :lol And I friggin hate coffee :lol

well the first time it happend i just thought that it was an intense dream, the second time is when i started to realize that something else was going on. You just feel so drained that you fall back asleep, and after the third time i did stay up.....:lol

True story.

Dude :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I used to get that except the voice but then i gave up smoking green im fine now. Sleep paralysis is where your still asleep but a small bit awake, your bodies out for the count and your still kinda dreaming. Im glad i dont get it anymore it was damn annoying and in the morning i felt like crap.

Last edited:
Ok here's another one.

My buddy and I were playing basketball in the front drive way of his house (in my teenage years on this story) and once we got tired we went ahead and sat down on some fold out chairs in the driveway of the garage. Anyways his parents were leaving and said that they were going to the grocery store and would be back shortly. After watching them pull away from the driveway we were just sitting there in the garage and all of the sudden the fluorescent light inside the garage turns on. This is not the garage door light BTW, it's just a extra light that can only be flipped on by a switch from inside the house and it's on the left side of the door when entering the screen door from the garage.

So it's stays on and Robert and I were like WTF, who in the heck turned this light on if no one is in the house. We'll we slowly make are way to the side garage screen door and he puts his hand on the handle to get ready and push the screen door clicker and look to the left to see if the switch was flipped up. As soon as he pushes the knob on the door, I ^^^^ you not, the light turns out and no one is there to the left of him and the light switch is in the flipped down position.

Last edited:
So I was visiting a friend's new apartment with another friend. The friend who's apartment it was had a ouji board and wanted to get it out and have some fun. He is a cat who reads tarot cards and has had alot of experience with ouji. So we start doing things with it, and I guess I should add that this was before I smoked and during a time in my life when I had decided I didn't like to drink or at least how it made me feel. Still don't.

But it doesn't matter, niether weed nor drink effect me in such a way that I couldn't trust what my eyes were seeing.

So we are just goofing really, testing it and secretly putting things in paper bags where the other two guys who were on the board couldn't see and then asking the board what was in the bag. It never answered correctly. We also asked it for the phone numbers of all the single ladies in the apartment building. It could never tell us anything that the people who's hands were on it didn't know. Strangely though, every phone it gave us was of local prefix and disconnected, not one number came back in use and we tried alot.

Once during this session I was using the board with the board owner and the planchette (pointer in ouji) was trying to slowly spin and we were having to walk our hands around it as it turned. There was a point where both of our hands weren't touching it and it spun a little more quickly, like we holding it back. I know there is a real easy possibilty that one of us bumped it but Iwas watching it very intently as this was my first real chance to study what the board was about, that's why we were testing it to tell us what was in the bag, I wanted to know more about it, what it could and couldn't do.

So after a while the owner quits using it saying it has been his board for a long time and when he uses it he gets tired. My other friend and I sat down to the board and couldn't get it to work all of a sudden. The owner of the board explained to us that we were inexperienced and it takes a while for new users to get great results. We thought he was having us on and were accusing him of moving the planchette to screw us.

After while he fell asleep and we kept on using it. He was telling the truth, the more we used it the quicker and more sure it moved. We were both really skeptical of the board and were both in agreement to take it seriously and not in any way try to physically move the planchette, so we were both amazed when it started to work more easily for us.

So we are just going along, asking questions in turns. While it was answering my friends questions, I would be thinking of what my next question would be and he would be doing the same when it was anwsering my questions. It went like this all for a while, we were on the board for what must have been close to an hour and an half when something really strange happened. While it was answering my friend's question and I was thinking of mine, it answered my question instead of his... the one I was just thinking of and hadn't said out loud yet. My friend was confused by the answer until I told him that it had just answered the question in my mind. So we agree to see if it will do it again, so I start thinking of questions and it starts answering me and my friend is only seeing the answers and then I tell him what the question was after the planchette stops moving, or goes into it's "resting loop" where it circles around until you give it a question. The planchette is moving like butter on a skillet now and the last three questions happened in a row without me stopping to tell my friend what the questions were... inother words the board and I started to have aconversation and leave him out of it. It only lasted for three more questions, during which I remember feeling almost like a slight electrical charge running through me, I felt a humming in my head. These were the last questions I ever asked a ouji board:

I ask it why it likes me better. It answers "zany".

I asked it does it like my friend. It answers "no".

I asked it would it be better if it were just me using the board. It's answer was two words:

"kill him"

I don't know about you guys/gals/hermaphrodites, but even now the hair standing up and I am in full Gene Shallot mode while I type this.

I just straight up stopped and took my hands off. My friend, who still doesn't know what the questions were just looks at me. I tell him to get his hands off of the planchette and I tell him while I am putting my shoes on. We basically ran down to the parking garage and didn't bother to wake the other fellow.

I never used one again but I did do alot of studying about ouija (I haven't typed the word or written it down ever before this thread and I just looked it up, sorry for all the mispells of it) and the basic skeptic veiw is that it only accesses your own subconscious, hence why it couldn't tell us what was in the bag... but I have never had any murderous thoughts about my friend and I did a test where I dialed random numbers with local prefixes and I came up with more working numbers than anything else.

I have a few more ghost stories from when I was a child or family stories that I will post later, thanks all for your stories it is an interesting read, I am going to go look up that sleep paralysis. (shivers)

Last edited:
From wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouija

Scientific explanation
Users subconsciously direct the path of the triangle to produce a word that is in that person's subconscious thought process. This subconscious behavior is known as ideomotor action, a term coined by William Carpenter in 1882. It is also known as automatism.[6] Some people may be convinced that the "powers" of the ouija board are real because they are unaware that they are in fact moving the piece and therefore assume that the piece must be moving due to some other "spiritual force". The subconscious thought process may produce an answer that is different from what the user expected in their conscious thought process—thus perpetuating the idea that the board has "mystical powers". The Penn & Teller: Bull^^^^! episode on Ouija Boards ran an experiment using unbiased participants. Questions were being asked to the late William Frawley with very strong answers. The participants were then blindfolded and the board was turned 180 degrees without their knowledge. With continued questioning, the planchette then traveled to bare areas of the board where the participants believed the "Yes" and "No" marks were located.

[edit] Spiritualist explanation
Spiritualists who believe Ouija boards can be used to make actual contact with the spirit world feel that the act of hindering a medium’s ability to use his or her own eyes while the board is in use effectively places too great of a handicap on the whole exercise. This argument stems from the belief that contacted spirits actually utilize the eyes of the medium during a Ouija session in order to point to the letters and words needed to form a message. Most believers of this notion believe that the board has no intrinsic power in and of itself, but rather, is used simply as a tool to aid a medium while in communication with the spirit world.[7]

[edit] Skeptical explanation
A skeptical view of the Ouija board is that it is frequently used as a prank game by persons who are fully conscious that they are guiding the planchette.[8] Considering that the boards are sold by a game company, and are widely used by children, they can be used in a game similar to the popular "snipe hunt" trick, in which one or more participants are in on the joke, and at least one participant is not. When one or more players deliberately but discreetly moves the planchette, it is indistinguishable (to other players) from the sensation of the planchette "moving on its own". Players moving the planchette may either maintain a deadpan expression, or act out shock and surprise. Players who are fooled but eventually figure out what happened, can go on to become one of the pranksters in a future session with other new players.

My two friends did not know each other well enough to have planned this and I was the one who brought up the board and wanted to test it. We were honestly trying to evaluate it together.

Back