Real "ghost" stories

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a few strange stories that happened to me and my family.

1. My grandma is from Japan and met my grandfather in the 1950s. She left her home and family to start a family with my grandpa in the United States. She always missed her home and family, especially her mother. I think a part of her always felt guilty about leaving her mother.

At some point her mother sent her a music box as a gift. The day of my great grandmother's death, the music box started playing on its own. My grandma said that she knew this was a sign from her mother even before she received the phone call that her mom had died. It seemed as if my great grandmother wanted to say goodbye to her daughter for the last time.

2. My mom's cousin died a while ago. I'd never met the guy and didn't even know what he looked like. She hadn't seen him in person since the '70s. It was a Friday evening and I wasn't home most of the night. When I came home my mom said that she thought she had seen a ghost. In the hallway she saw the image of a tall, skinny man really fast and then it disappeared. I didn't really think anything of it and sort of brushed it off.

The next morning I was home alone and my uncle called and asked if my mom was home. He wanted to let her know that their cousin had died. I asked when he died and what he looked like. My uncle said that he had passed away Friday night and that he was a tall, skinny guy. It seemed like a really strange coincidence that my mom saw this apparition the night of her cousin's death.

3. Not really a ghost related situation, but still strange anyhow. I have a lightbulb in my closet but the pullstring to activate it has been missing since I was a kid. I never use it, so I never felt the need to replace it. To turn it on, you have to stand on a chair and pull a very small amount of chain at the very top of the closet. Every once in a while, the light seems to turn on by itself. It usually occurs when I'm very stressed or angry. I'll go to bed and when I was up the closet light will be on. I'm not sure if this is caused by what is called "poltergeist" activity brought on by my stress or something else.

I have a few strange stories that happened to me and my family.

1. My grandma is from Japan and met my grandfather in the 1950s. She left her home and family to start a family with my grandpa in the United States. She always missed her home and family, especially her mother. I think a part of her always felt guilty about leaving her mother.

At some point her mother sent her a music box as a gift. The day of my great grandmother's death, the music box started playing on its own. My grandma said that she knew this was a sign from her mother even before she received the phone call that her mom had died. It seemed as if my great grandmother wanted to say goodbye to her daughter for the last time.

2. My mom's cousin died a while ago. I'd never met the guy and didn't even know what he looked like. She hadn't seen him in person since the '70s. It was a Friday evening and I wasn't home most of the night. When I came home my mom said that she thought she had seen a ghost. In the hallway she saw the image of a tall, skinny man really fast and then it disappeared. I didn't really think anything of it and sort of brushed it off.

The next morning I was home alone and my uncle called and asked if my mom was home. He wanted to let her know that their cousin had died. I asked when he died and what he looked like. My uncle said that he had passed away Friday night and that he was a tall, skinny guy. It seemed like a really strange coincidence that my mom saw this apparition the night of her cousin's death.

3. Not really a ghost related situation, but still strange anyhow. I have a lightbulb in my closet but the pullstring to activate it has been missing since I was a kid. I never use it, so I never felt the need to replace it. To turn it on, you have to stand on a chair and pull a very small amount of chain at the very top of the closet. Every once in a while, the light seems to turn on by itself. It usually occurs when I'm very stressed or angry. I'll go to bed and when I was up the closet light will be on. I'm not sure if this is caused by what is called "poltergeist" activity brought on by my stress or something else.

I wonder if you being stressed is bringing some of that energy out that might already be in your house, especially since it sounds like you get a lot of activity there.

It's true what you say about sleeping on the side. Whenever I sleep on my back that's when the actual Sleep Paralysis kicks in. It's gotten to the point where i can control it though. It has something to do with the pineal gland or what Rosicrucians call the third eye chakra. When it's boosted your spirit/conscience or whatever detaches from the body. So this is why many people panic because they still think they're attached to their bodies and have a body to control. But if they stay calm and remember that they are no longer in their bodies they can actually control their spirit and leave their body entirely. This is called Astral Projection.

Hey this kinda makes me feel at ease with my sleep problem but what does it all mean? What happens if I do leave my body then what? I mean what if I never return or can't does it mean that my body just becomes a empty shell? Prob. best not to mess with it and do what I usually do which is panic and try to wake up.

I used to panic but i started doing alot of meditation among other things, so when it happened i would just concentrate and go into a meditative state, and then eventually either fall totally asleep again or just slowly wake up. If you get it again try and be calm ignore any sounds or shadows lurking about, close your eyes and imagine a positive light/energy around your feet and slowly move it up your body until it covers all of you. You can do this with ghosts and other things to ward them off, but u have to pulsate the energy and release it in bursts.

Ive also had Astral Projection experience, its kinda weird especially at 1st as you try to walk but u fall through things, like walls. If you panic you will soon be back in your body, so i wouldn't worry about that.

I used to panic but i started doing alot of meditation among other things, so when it happened i would just concentrate and go into a meditative state, and then eventually either fall totally asleep again or just slowly wake up.

Ive also had Astral Projection experience, its kinda weird especially at 1st as you try to walk but u fall through things, like walls. If you panic you will soon be back in your body, so i wouldn't worry about that.

I think I might try it, I'm glad I you posted some of that stuff it kinda makes me come to terms with it better. I was always worried that if I fell back to sleep I would stop breathing or something. It always feels that way that if I just let go, I may never awake again. Don't know if any of that makes sense.

Yeah it makes sense, but i used to get it so much i thought what the hell and experimented with it. I used to fight it as many people do, but that left me scared and i couldn't sleep again afterwards. I tried to be calm but focus on moving an arm or leg, but that didnt work well either. The best thing to do is what i later did. The funny thing is after i did it like that a few times i never got it anymore. The last time i had it was about 7yrs ago.

I edited my other post i forgot to add something doh.

Yeah it makes sense, but i used to get it so much i thought what the hell and experimented with it. I used to fight it as many people do, but that left me scared and i couldn't sleep again afterwards. I tried to be calm but focus on moving an arm or leg, but that didnt work well either. The best thing to do is what i later did. The funny thing is after i did it like that a few times i never got it anymore. The last time i had it was about 7yrs ago.

I edited my other post i forgot to add something doh.

So kinda just go with the flow I'll try it, as for your other post I don't know about how I would conjur up any energy or white energy is it all in your mind?

Its just a basic meditative stance, u lie down totally relax your body then imagine the warm positive light. Take your time dont rush it, hover in 1 spot if need be and resume again. Sometimes u feel a slight tingle or warmth, but the main thing is to believe its there. When you want to come out of it slowly take deep breaths then sit up slowly. Try it out sometime.

Wether its totaly in the mind or for real who knows research is still out on that 1, but alot of things can be done with the body using the mind alone.

I read this last night and then felt something weird around me...must have been very paranoid! Some pretty creepy stuff in this thread!

I read this last night and then felt something weird around me...must have been very paranoid! Some pretty creepy stuff in this thread!

I know man if you were up last night you might have noticed I was on this board posting like crazy, I just couldn't sleep, luckily I didn't get any sleep paralysis last night.

Hey this kinda makes me feel at ease with my sleep problem but what does it all mean? What happens if I do leave my body then what? I mean what if I never return or can't does it mean that my body just becomes a empty shell? Prob. best not to mess with it and do what I usually do which is panic and try to wake up.

It's perfectly safe. People who first experience this all think the same thing as you do which is understandable - I know I did at first. The only time your spirit wont comeback is when your body is dead. Here is a link for you to read more about it.

https://www.crystalinks.com/astral.html

Back