Ready Player One

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I caught it just last week for the first time. Thought it was pretty decent, although I'll admit a few of the pop culture references went over my head. I do feel like it's a little past it's target date - if this had come out while Second Life was still popular the message would've meant more, I'd think. I do think the references were a little dated, though.

This movie was made for 4K and is my first 4K purchase. :)

Thor Ragnarok was my first 4K purchase and I still haven't watched it yet. I don't think i've actually watched ANY 4k content to be honest despite owning a UHD TV and Xbox one X

I got the best of both worlds and picked up the 4K Steelbook.

Canada sucks. Seems like we only get 1/4 of the steelbook 4K releases you guys do.

I bought:
2D/3D Vudu combo
3x 3D
2x 4K Lenticular
2x 4K SB
3x Walmart Rubik's cube edition

Love this movie.

CgNq69t.jpg

Tempted to buy the cd, or maybe, just maybe the blu-ray. But Mr. Green is cheap. He'll probably wait for HBO to see it again.

I saw this on Saturday, I like it a lot more than I thought. I thought the "'memba this?" aspect of this story would be gimmicky, they managed to interweave the nostalgia aspect well enough into the story that I didn't mind. But holly s--t could they not move the damn camera around so much? I felt like I needed some dramamine in the Oasis.

I do feel the criticism I heard that it feels like two different directors made this movie is valid. The Oasis parts were obviously not done to Spielberg standards.

Back