Ready Player One

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many people I recommended this movie to had no idea what to make of it and no desire to see it.

Most seemed to perceive it as being just a video game movie, rather than a pop culture experience.

I think they screwed up the marketing, I personally had no desire to see it until I started reading about it here, and that was just in the week prior to its release.

Oh. Must have been part of the overall deal. Well there ya go. Audiences can get a 2nd dip into this world via director Joe Johnston in 2021.

The man who gave us Boba Fett's outfit and The Rocketeer movie making Ready Player Two? Sign me up.

Many people I recommended this movie to had no idea what to make of it and no desire to see it.

Most seemed to perceive it as being just a video game movie, rather than a pop culture experience.

I think they screwed up the marketing, I personally had no desire to see it until I started reading about it here, and that was just in the week prior to its release.

Yeah, I had the same experience. A lot of my "non-fan" friends said it looked like a "cheesy video game movie" and had zero desire to see it.

The man who gave us Boba Fett's outfit and The Rocketeer movie making Ready Player Two? Sign me up.

And Jumanji and Cap (and Honey I Shrunk the Kids is a silly Moranis guilty pleasure)...

He hasn't been given much in the past 5-7 years, but yup, the original JJ is still the best.:yess:

This sequel and Joe Johnston just seem made for each other.

I know a book is being written, but I seriously doubt they would actually produce a sequel to this.

Someone mentioned the Pacific Rim sequel, but that's one of the "destroy cities" mega-CGI visuals movies that had done well internationally over the past five years (the Great Wall and Clash of the Titans sequel are other examples, as is the Godzilla sequel.)

But PR2 didn't come close to breaking even - a $150m+ movie that actually made less than $60m domestic.

if anything they are just much more likely to make a movie of his OTHER books, why make a sequel and he has another book that can be easily made into a movie

if anything they are just much more likely to make a movie of his OTHER books, why make a sequel and he has another book that can be easily made into a movie

Armada is a direct lift of Last Starfighter - which, honestly, is a better story than anything Cline is capable of writing. If I were a producer I'd be afraid to touch that because it feels like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

I'm still hoping for a nice quality 1/6 figure or 1/4-1/3 Statue of Art3mis and Parzival ;)

Armada is a direct lift of Last Starfighter - which, honestly, is a better story than anything Cline is capable of writing. If I were a producer I'd be afraid to touch that because it feels like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

futurama had no problem with it

:lol
I had to do a lot of favors to get family or friends to see it lol. Although almost all of them really enjoyed the film afterwards. It is a little sad to see it not get more attention.

But I myself didn't really follow this film, and saw it the week of release due to boredom. I do remember vaguely being told by my previous store manager at GameStop about it, so I suppose the seed was planted, but I didn't follow through, so marketing could have been better.

I'm still hoping for a nice quality 1/6 figure or 1/4-1/3 Statue of Art3mis and Parzival ;)
Absolutely! I'm down for Artie; I've even considered getting a 1/3 custom going OOAK.

37726921_10155832046203565_4502665313069826048_n.jpg

Got my copy in today :)

Back