Ready Player One

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a good drama. Bridge of Spies was a good drama too, but they're not very impactful films, as far as pop culture relevancy goes. Saving Private Ryan might be his last great drama though...and that was 18 years ago.

The fact that you people can talk about Spielberg without acknowledging the underappreciated genius that is The Terminal means you aren’t worth knowing.

Yeah, 24 years ago :lol

His last pop culturally relevant film was 1993's Jurassic Park. That was his peak, along with his "dramatic" peak, Schindler's List, the same year.

From 1975 to 1993, as a director, Spielberg's contribution to pop culture was unparalleled with films like, Jaws, Close Encounter, Poltergeist, E.T., Raiders, Indy TOD, Indy TLC, Hook, and Jurassic Park.

As a producer he is still putting his name on all kinds of crap. As a director, he's made some ok films after 1993, but nothing like in the 70's, 80's, and early 90's.

I would say Minority report was a significant contribution to pop culture. It gets brought up every single time a new technology is introduced as the technology is compared to what was in MR. it wasn't as good as most of the films you mentioned but it was better than Hook.

I think seeing Iron Giant will be bad***. Really looking forward to that. I never read the book, but I hope the movie delivers. :rock

I'm not sure I'll see it in theaters, but if not, I'll definitely rent it.

What are trailers for then?
The whole selling point of this thing is its visuals, and they look pretty bad.

Most video games look better than this crap.

Yeah, majorly let down by this trailer. Sorta reminded me of Pixels.

Like an earnest live action Wreckit Ralph without the charm.

I spotted crappy CGI and awful visuals. LOL

Funny, i literally spotted the exact same thing in the alita trailer

The difference is that in here nobody looked like a Bratz piece:

91HRCzOlS6L._SL1500_.jpg

What are trailers for then?
The whole selling point of this thing is its visuals, and they look pretty bad.

Most video games look better than this crap.

I agree, Alita is going to be a giant turd. Alita looks like a bug

I don't think Alita looks bad. :dunno

View attachment 382104

Also, poster.

View attachment 382105

The lips and nose of the real one needed to be made smaller.
Face needed to be wider.

They didnt properly adapt the anime face, they just took a human and added bug eyes, if they truly adapted an anime face to reality the whole face would have changed.

Even the forehead in the real version is too tiny. This whole design looks retarded. Because they just made the eyes bigger but didnt fix the rest

Back