Ready Player One

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does nothing for me. There was a time when jamming in a bunch of pop culture references might be enough to sell a movie, but I think we're past that.

Jeez this looks interesting. The akira bike in live action. Iron giant in live action . That's enough to get me interested

But it had halo in it tho...... halo!!!!
Basically they're trying to sell us on a live action version of this:

cartoon-all-stars-to-the-rescue.jpg

And let me just take a second and say if any of you haven't seen the Iron Giant, go do yourself a favor and buy it, rent it, whatever. Just see it.

Does nothing for me.
There was a time when jamming in a bunch of pop culture references might be enough to sell a movie, but I think we're past that.
Pretty much.
I'll take fan made trash like KUNG FURY over crappy modern lookin' PCR fest like this one any day.

It does have a certain "Tomorrowland" vibe... but I gotta put my faith in Spielberg. I won't know half the pop culture references so I wonder how I'll like it? Got to be better than "Pixels".

I have to say, I am really surprised by some of the negative reception towards this movie. I can see the skeptical view of thinking this is just a movie filled with pop culture references but the trailer clearly demonstrates it's going to have fun with those references. I wont' pretend to know if the plot will actually have any substance but it certainly looks like it has the potential to be a great time at the theater. Did people forget how to just have fun watching a movie?

Back