Re: New Doom PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

...which implies that the market value raises, because "there aren't enough to go around". If it's better received than expected, and there aren't enough around... market value raises. Simple as that. Otherwise, mention a "sleeper" that didn't raise in value.
Then again, as I said twice. This won't happen, not with a 3000 total ES. The Exclusive is so negligible that doesn't make any difference differenciate between Reg and Ex.

Of course. Still, let's imagine you want to make a deatachable chest plate on this statue... have the chest portion of the tunic to be attached to the clasps is quite easy, so it can be partially removed and left hanging. It's not rocket science, surely it's not like Marker wanted to make it pass, like it's impossible to do.
Well if you look at the Punisher PF it wssn't crazy buf it did sell out and there are people trying to find them, but no one is willing to pay a great deal for him, same thing with the Red Skull EX, sold out, looks great but so far, meh on the value.

I'm looking forward to this guy when he comes out. He's definitely on my list of statues to buy for 2015. Just waiting to see how the production looks when he's released. I really hope SS doesn't cheapen him somehow just to save a buck. I have this gut feeling that they're not gonna **** this one up and he'll end up coming out the same way Red Skull and Punisher did which were perfect.

Daredevil is the other one on my list. Running/tripping pose or not, I think he looks pretty sweet.

I'm looking forward to this guy when he comes out. He's definitely on my list of statues to buy for 2015. Just waiting to see how the production looks when he's released. I really hope SS doesn't cheapen him somehow just to save a buck. I have this gut feeling that they're not gonna **** this one up and he'll end up coming out the same way Red Skull and Punisher did which were perfect.

Daredevil is the other one on my list. Running/tripping pose or not, I think he looks pretty sweet.

We'll see on Daredevil. I'm optimistic but I gotta get him in hand and set him up next to Punisher to see how that goes.

I really don't care what this piece does in the aftermarket. I can't wait to finally add a 1/4 standing Doom to my collection. Love the pose and figure. I'm a HUGE Villafane fan and he sculpted a fearsome and regal looking Doom. I'm very happy with the way this piece turned out even though the base is rather vanilla looking. I think Doom himself looks phenomenal.

Base is blah. Doom is Awesome. I need villains in my display. The lack of them is disheartening. I still can't believe there is no Thanos, Magneto, and Loki.

Well if you look at the Punisher PF it wssn't crazy buf it did sell out and there are people trying to find them, but no one is willing to pay a great deal for him, same thing with the Red Skull EX, sold out, looks great but so far, meh on the value.

Exactly, those are not "sleepers" at all. Very easy to find, and at retail or lower.
A sleeper is something like Green Lantern, that someone mentioned a few posts ago. Or even the Joker.

Exactly, those are not "sleepers" at all. Very easy to find, and at retail or lower.
A sleeper is something like Green Lantern, that someone mentioned a few posts ago. Or even the Joker.
I think Red Skull is a sleeper for down the road. He was only released a couple of months ago.

the Joker was never a sleeper. It sold out the EX in a Day and the Reg in a few months. That thing flew. Green Lantern was a sleeper in that it looked better in hand than most people thought, same with the Punisher, but I also think what your seeing on ebay is Flippers regret. Once the flippers sell through there's he'll be harder to find. and again, once in hand pics came out more people wanted the Punisher PF because he turned out great in hand but I don't blame people for not wanting to pay flipper prices on him. Same with Red Skull, people liked him better once in hand pics came out and people are buying both the Punisher and Red Skull PF's on ebay for at or a little above retail but what we are seeing is that people are little more cautious on what they spend on these statues, not that the demand for them isn't there.

As far as Doom being a sleeper, there's a 1000pc EX, which isn't really that bad and a 2000pc reg. again not that bad. With Marvel Villains being in demand and not too many pieces to go around it's possible he will be especially if in hand he turns out to be great, but Collectors are getting cautious with their dollars these days, especially when other companies are out there charging double or more for their 1/4 scale pieces. Makes decisions tough.

the Joker was never a sleeper. It sold out the EX in a Day and the Reg in a few months. That thing flew. Green Lantern was a sleeper in that it looked better in hand than most people thought, same with the Punisher, but I also think what your seeing on ebay is Flippers regret. Once the flippers sell through there's he'll be harder to find. and again, once in hand pics came out more people wanted the Punisher PF because he turned out great in hand but I don't blame people for not wanting to pay flipper prices on him. Same with Red Skull, people liked him better once in hand pics came out and people are buying both the Punisher and Red Skull PF's on ebay for at or a little above retail but what we are seeing is that people are little more cautious on what they spend on these statues, not that the demand for them isn't there.

As far as Doom being a sleeper, there's a 1000pc EX, which isn't really that bad and a 2000pc reg. again not that bad. With Marvel Villains being in demand and not too many pieces to go around it's possible he will be especially if in hand he turns out to be great, but Collectors are getting cautious with their dollars these days, especially when other companies are out there charging double or more for their 1/4 scale pieces. Makes decisions tough.

Sorry, regarding the Joker I was referring to the european market here. Consider that with customs etc., getting the Exclusive would cost around 550$, and at the time the Joker was going for that price here, which is basically "retail" for an Exclusive. It increased quite a long time after sell out, and now seems to be decreasing again. I think it tends to increase when another DC/Batman character comes out.
I honestly had no issues finding the Punisher, Black Widow, Red Skull, Apocalypse, Dark Rider of Mordor, Red Sonja both Reg and Ex at retail on the boards or on facebook groups. Even on ebay, once you take away Paypal and shipping, the seller barely makes a few bucks, or probably sells for a little loss. That's just to mention the first ones that come to mind, btw.
Total ES 3000 is high on a not so well received statue, high enough to allow Doom PF to be plenty available for a very long time both on Sideshow's site and on the secondary market, at retail.

That guy Marker can act smart as much as he likes and make sarcasm "we have another CBG here", truth is that a hell lot of sold out Sideshow statues are selling for retail or lower. You just need to know where to look.

"That guy Marker" just had everything he said validated and explained by Josh. Everything he said was exactly what I was referring to Thank you sir.

Yet that guy El Mule continues to talk about money. I don't care anymore man.

I really don't care what this piece does in the aftermarket. I can't wait to finally add a 1/4 standing Doom to my collection. Love the pose and figure. I'm a HUGE Villafane fan and he sculpted a fearsome and regal looking Doom. I'm very happy with the way this piece turned out even though the base is rather vanilla looking. I think Doom himself looks phenomenal.

:goodpost::exactly: The pose on Doom, the cut and sew of the outfit and cape, the extra chain mail details in the armor....He looks amazing!

"That guy Marker" just had everything he said validated and explained by Josh. Everything he said was exactly what I was referring to Thank you sir.

Yet that guy El Mule continues to talk about money. I don't care anymore man.

You got nothing validated or explained.
Now go on, play the part of the good pure collector.

It's not negativity, you halfwit.
It's just some objective facts. It wouldn't have gone so long if you at least cared to read, I said multiple times that this PF is not that bad and Doom itself is well done (better than the old PF, imho). You're the one who feels the need to label anyone else each other post, so you cut the crap.

I was done with my side of the argument (statement truthfully, I was never really arguing anything) last night until you decided you needed to bring up my name again and again. I will ignore you from now on.

Free+hugs+let+me+love+you_1b9bc0_4229004.gif

Back