Re: New Doom PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A fully sculpted Dr. Doom is long overdue.

With a fully sculpted cape is desired ...made from lighter material of course. But a mixed-media cape is ok, too.

I can't help but feel that they missed an opportunity with the Doom Legendary Scale piece. That one didn't age well at all.

Is there a reason why people don't like fabric wired capes? Do they struggle with posing it? Is it more expensive than a sculpted cape? There seems to be a lot of hate towards them and I was curious as to why. :confused:

I personally think they're cool and fun to play around with. New results after futzing:

My camera phone sucks, it seems to condense and squeeze the photo when it should look a bit wider left to right. Also want to learn more about photography so I could make the green look more rich as it is in person. I put him on a lower shelf for the time being, wondering if that works better or worse or just as fine as a high shelf.

f57823d49c4803fd622379e771bb4d78.jpg
1ee08c208490abfd9a0721dfd07aea1a.jpg
dc1eb1ba5b5b2c1ae2afa51599dd902e.jpg
b09d420b9c75cb7092eb4a0069b19022.jpg
ed3e3e7c9d5dd8d52dc69576b21895ae.jpg

aed316cf93b6d49e9737a77820ee24cd.jpg
452faf480a5e7a2c7cc09d579c553481.jpg
4fd83398ceeb7add5b1177929ae68987.jpg
9f1ec8fc495af4a48d42d5ffa305776f.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I like the pose you got there. It looks great!

I don't having anything again the wire capes aside from the idea of it being cloth. (Which I get is the entire cape basically. :lol)

I just like the idea of all sculpt. I think the different media (cloth and polystone combined) don't look as great as all polystone. It's just a preference, I guess. I still have PLENTY of OG PF pieces that I love.

You know really killed me with the statue it lost a lot of potential with the crappy base its mounted on

It was definitely a low key base, but I think it really had some big shoes to fill, compared to the last PF.

Apologies if this is not permitted, but I've been out of the collecting loop for quite some time now and haven't been active here...

I've always been curious to finally obtain one of my grails (the original Sideshow Doom PF). I'm always watching any listings on eBay, and I remember seeing prices peak around $5k. However recently I've noticed several of these selling for around $2k... That's quite a considerable drop for one of the most sought after Sideshow grails. I'm aware of the current economic conditions and how people aren't able to spend like before... Have there been recasting issues and fakes going around? Just curious if these Doom PFs have actually dropped THAT much recently. Thanks for any insight!

Last edited:
Apologies if this is not permitted, but I've been out of the collecting loop for quite some time now and haven't been active here...

I've always been curious to finally obtain one of my grails (the original Sideshow Doom PF). I'm always watching any listings on eBay, and I remember seeing prices peak around $5k. However recently I've noticed several of these selling for around $2k... That's quite a considerable drop for one of the most sought after Sideshow grails. I'm aware of the current economic conditions and how people aren't able to spend like before... Have there been recasting issues and fakes going around? Just curious if these Doom PFs have actually dropped THAT much recently. Thanks for any insight!
I think it's simply due to the fact that there are more Doom statues now - Sideshow alone has released three of them. People wanting a 1:4 representation of the character will just be content with a less expensive choice, which I guess will lower demand.

The regular goes for about $2k…the EX is still up there

The regular goes for about $2k…the EX is still up there
Ah ok. I have a few Doom PFs on my eBay watchlist, and I’ve seen some EX versions listing for $2-$3k. The last EX version was auction with starting bid at $1,500 and nobody bid. The seller had 100% positive feedback, but didn’t respond to me after the auction ended 🤔

Back