Re: New Doom PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When I first saw this, I loved it! But slowly, after time and each subsequent viewing I like it less and less. Not sure why that is, perhaps the anticipation of a Doom PF made me giddy and filled with blind love that has slowly dissipitated. Don't get me wrong, I still like it, and am leaning towards getting it, but I think I need to see it in person first.

Nothing wrong with that. You should be sure you like a piece before buying it. Besides, REGs in general are usually available for quite some time after PFs start shipping.

When I first saw this, I loved it! But slowly, after time and each subsequent viewing I like it less and less. Not sure why that is, perhaps the anticipation of a Doom PF made me giddy and filled with blind love that has slowly dissipitated. Don't get me wrong, I still like it, and am leaning towards getting it, but I think I need to see it in person first.

Nowt wrong with waiting. If you're not bothered with a boring Ex then waiting for inhand pics is the wise thing to do.
I'm over him...

And :welcome to the forum!

Nowt wrong with waiting. If you're not bothered with a boring Ex then waiting for inhand pics is the wise thing to do.
I'm over him...

And :welcome to the forum!

haha thanks! :hi5:

And yeah, the EX is boring for this one so I couldn't care any less.

Just got on the WL for this and I really don't even know why. Doesn't seem too popular as ppl are converting a week out and its been on WL for a month or two now

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

I swung back and forth on this one. Was all up for it when it was announced, then dat base...so I held off. Warmed up to it and had a WL convert, so I am pretty happy about it over all. EX is obviously not a must, but better to have than not. Decent ES...More importantly fits in with the direction I want to go with my Marvel pieces. Still, this and Emma were hard sells.

I swung back and forth on this one. Was all up for it when it was announced, then dat base...so I held off. Warmed up to it and had a WL convert, so I am pretty happy about it over all. EX is obviously not a must, but better to have than not. Decent ES...More importantly fits in with the direction I want to go with my Marvel pieces. Still, this and Emma were hard sells.

I ALWAYS loved this Doom PF. I think the figure itself always looked fantastic. However, the base is bland. That said, I wouldn't have PO'd this piece if the base rocked and the figure was bland. So, a kick ass looking Doom figure was my #1 priority. This easily filled the bill for me personally. I can see why peeps had a few more reservations on Emma. The hair on both portraits seem a little off and the base is bland on that PF as well. It didn't capture the Hellfire Emma very well but I do think she looks sexy. I jumped on the WL a few weeks ago. I'll see if it was meant to be.

Yeah I think I was the same. Back and forth again and again. I waited til the coupon would work on him and then reneged lol like you said the Ex isn't a must but definitely better to have than not and the statue itself look pretty boss

This statue is definitely boss. Doom looks badass and he's also going to be pretty tall. He'll have a nice commanding presence. I want to display him up high almost.

This statue is definitely boss. Doom looks badass and he's also going to be pretty tall. He'll have a nice commanding presence. I want to display him up high almost.

Yeah, his head seems tilted slightly in a downward direction. So, he'd look good on the upper shelves of a display case.

So I converted in less than a week :s

What are people getting, the PF or the LS? I heard the LS looked pretty bad but the most recent pic I've seen of it was that one where he's holding an adapter plug.

What are people getting, the PF or the LS? I heard the LS looked pretty bad but the most recent pic I've seen of it was that one where he's holding an adapter plug.

That's the pic that has everyone panicking. For a $2000 statue, the LSF didn't look very good in that pic. However, pics from the CON had it looking really good. Peeps are just worried that this is another case of the production pieces not living up to the proto. I'm personally picking up the PF. It fits better with my collection. I don't have anything in LSF scale.

Mr. Green said, "Doom! pinch Mr. Green's belly!"

Oh, in that case...

NjV3q.gif

Back