1/6 Ratty Nepalese custom - Raiders of the Lost Ark

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done, man! This is the type of custom stuff I love to see on this board.
What is that head originally from?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Thank again, everyone! I really appreciate all the kind words on this crazy custom.

What is that head originally from?

It was called Twisting Toys Italian. Got it about 6 years ago. It just had a strange look that made me recall Ratty.

And if you think your custom is a 3rd or 4th tier Indy villain, I'm guessing that some of my Indy customs are 5th, 6th and in one case 10th tier characters! This is a deep-deep love for ROTLA area.:lol

I am really curious what would be 5th and 6th tier ... let alone 10th tier. :lol

It's funny, this is the one figure I thought most people wouldn't remember and certainly not care about yet its gotten the most interest and posts.

Last edited:
Thank again, everyone! I really appreciate all the kind words on this crazy custom.

It was called Twisting Toys Italian. Got it about 6 years ago. It just had a strange look that made me recall Ratty.

I am really curious what would be 5th and 6th tier ... let alone 10th tier.
:lol

It's funny, this is the one figure I thought most people wouldn't remember and certainly not care about yet its gotten the most interest and posts.

Flying Wing pilot, truck MG34 gunner, tough sergeant, ark ghost, German soldier/lightning effect, Tanis German soldier (green jacket,) streets of Cairo Arab.:dunno This in addition to Vogel, Dietrich, Marion (WOS) Indy tux and several Indys. I am almost done with my Indy on horse however. I also have a huge 3 3/4" scale truck chase dio, but that's taking years because I wanted to get the staff car right.

I'm just so deep in SW customs right now because there's been a flurry of kits/figs. And also Indy customs (Indy himself) unfortunately heavily relies on stuff that is very, very expensive to get the fig to that "next level" - custom sculpts ($$$), Kato shirt/jacket ($$$$,) HT boots or custom versions ($$) HT fedora, quality pants, etc. etc. And that makes it hard to get excited about the end result when it's really more about what you can afford to buy than what you can make. It's the reason the others are fun - and I have a couple of other Indys I'm fairly happy with anyway.

Flying Wing pilot (Frank Marshall) is a great one! He's probably 4th or 5th tier, yes?

Tough sergeant I was thinking of making but thought he'd take away from Dietrich and German Mechanic in his colors (same reason I have no Gobbler).

And streets of Cairo Arab or Arab Swordsman is a must! He's a bit player but a major moment so he gets 3rd tier status. I hope to make him one day.

10th tier must be like Random Cairo Swordsmen Attacker or German Guard outside Tent or something generic like that I guess.

Even Reggie the Snake is 5th tier. He's got a name at least and establishes a major subplot point.

Flying Wing pilot (Frank Marshall) is a great one! He's probably 4th or 5th tier, yes?

Tough sergeant I was thinking of making but thought he'd take away from Dietrich and German Mechanic in his colors (same reason I have no Gobbler).

And streets of Cairo Arab or Arab Swordsman is a must! He's a bit player but a major moment so he gets 3rd tier status. I hope to make him one day.

10th tier must be like Random Cairo Swordsmen Attacker or German Guard outside Tent or something generic like that I guess.

Even Reggie the Snake is 5th tier. He's got a name at least and establishes a major subplot point.

Yeah, I'm doing both main cairo swordsman and random streets attacker (machine gun and sword.) I forgot I'm also doing the mummy with the python coming out of its mouth to go with Marion. Marion is pretty complex - had to find a way to get the dots on the dress.

When I'm done I'll probably have almost twenty ROTLA figs plus Vogel (in taupe suit after fight) and Henry.

Frank Marshall's face has been really hard to match. I was thinking of Clark Gregg/Coulson - I have that head on right now. You can really see his face is the issue and Marshall doesn't have a classic chisel jawed face. The flight suit was really hard too - it's unlike most 1/6 German flightsuits and I had to hand-make the flight cap.

That's incredible! I can't wait to see these.

The mummy with the python gets special props!

No Satipo or Barranca? I think Barranca has the more interesting outfit to bash... but Satipo would look amazing with a back full of tarantulas... or his entire body stuck with gate spikes.

One figure I really wish I could bash, and pretty much the only one I want that's not from Raiders, is Mola Ram.

That's incredible! I can't wait to see these.

The mummy with the python gets special props!

No Satipo or Barranca? I think Barranca has the more interesting outfit to bash... but Satipo would look amazing with a back full of tarantulas... or his entire body stuck with gate spikes.

One figure I really wish I could bash, and pretty much the only one I want that's not from Raiders, is Mola Ram.

Yeah, I went so far as tracking down this guy who ripped off a bunch of people on here (many years ago) to see if he actually had any Mola Rams made, but he didn't respond - probably still on the run. I think people were out hundreds though. "blind voyeur" was his screen name - not sure if it was his freaks name or if that was his little company. I came across him in googling custom Mola Ram and it of course led here.:lol

And yeah, I'm going super slow on these customs. Like handing making the truck gunner's goggles because I couldn't find a good enough match, or hand-stencilling Marion's dots on her dress because I couldn't find the right fabric.:slap

I was lucky to get my $ back from him. Top notch work from three former members here.

I was lucky to get my $ back from him. Top notch work from three former members here.

Did anyone ever get a Mola Ram from him or was it a one-off fig he passed off as something he could make multiples of?

I believe he was putting it together. He made the sculpt and clothes, figure master les did the paint work. I think there was a third person who also has since been banned. They were putting together a run. I really don't think any of them where out to steal $$ just got over their heads and did not return the $$=theives.

Hate to say it but people on here should get together a run of Mola Rams. I think there'd be at least a dozen people who would want a Mola. This Indy forum is kinda dead most of the time but I think once everyone was aware of it they'd be interested. I wonder if there's a way to use a shrunken version of the SSC PF Mola Ram and headdress. That's really the only complex thing - it's really just a black/red shawl and muscle body once the head/headdress is taken care of.

Back