Rate The Last Game You FINISHED..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We all have our love or hate games. For instance, people might give red redemption a 9 or a 10/10 but I'd just give it a 6. It just wasn't for me.

RDR I feel is overblown, but I wouldn't go that low.

I feel like Red Dead would be overblown if all it had going for it was being an open world Rockstar Western, but, in all honesty, prior to The Last of Us, it was one of those games that transcended the medium in terms of storytelling and really showed what you could accomplish within a video game. John Marston is still one of my all time favorite characters and his tale is an incredibly compelling story about a man torn between his duty to his family and any sense of honor he might still hold, all the while staring in the face of obsolescence as the world continues to change and he embraces the futility of trying to change with it. In my opinion, it is, hands down, Rockstar's defining work and I truly hope that they can recapture even an ounce of that magic in the sequel.

Between the plot, the compelling protagonist, the eccentric and quirky supporting characters, the vast, vivid western landscape, and the polished gameplay, it was a rich experience that seemingly distilled the best that the genre had to offer into a single game. People's mileage may vary, and I'm not disputing your rankings by any means, but I've seen some people say that they just fooled around with it without actually tackling the story and, in my mind, that's doing both themselves and the game a disservice.

Nothing wrong with Arkham games, but Knight wasn't anywhere near a 10/10.

Knight makes me sad that Rocksteady is "done" with Batman and I really hope that they were just saying that and they return to that well after their next project (if their next project actually isn't Batman), because, as much as they touted the experience as "Being the Batman," it really felt like a solid foundation to build on, rather than the culmination of everything that had come before. It was so much grander than Arkham Asylum and Arkham City that it stopped feeling like it was an ending and more like a new beginning; it was more like Arkham Asylum for the PS4, but with no Arkham City to follow it up, and it felt like, while they had a whole bunch of the elements in place, they still hadn't quite figured out the right balance.

I feel like they could've had another game that toned down the Batmobile stuff to the point where it was just pursuit mode, because, ultimately, that's all I wanted out of it. I wanted to drive the Batmobile around the city like I'd seen on TV, in films, and in comics for decades; not play "World of Tanks: Batman Edition." Hell, I'd say to remove that feature, altogether, and, in its place, introduce the Batwing and the Batcycle for alternative forms of traversal. Additionally, Dual Play seemed like such a ****ing tease. They built such a great foundation for how to integrate the Batfamily into combat and I feel like that easily had the potential to evolve the next entry into a Batfamily experience with drop-in/drop-out co-op.

I still think they could do with some better detective work, too, but they seemed to be on the right track with Knight and, from what I understand, though I've not yet played it, Arkham VR. I really liked scanning through the CCTV footage and getting the right angle to identify the Arkham Knight as Barbara's assailant. I would've liked to see more stuff like that instead of that ****ty hologram reconstruction stuff from Origins.

Anyone having issues with Diablo III on console? Since the update that added seasons to the game my ps4 overheats and shutsdowb while playing. No other game does this to me. Deleted the files incase of corrutpion and restarted but no dice. Saw on some forums it was an issue.

SNES: Unholy Night - The Darkness Hunter 6/10

This is a SNES game that was released in 2017. Unholy Night - The Darkness Hunter is a fighting game much like Street Fighter or Darkstalkers. I would compare it more to Darkstalkers because all of the characters are vampires, werewolves, vampire hunters, and so on. It was made by ex-SNK employees, and as such I kind of expected a bit more out of the game than what we actually got. The gameplay itself is fairly on par with other fighting games, and the graphics are pretty solid. I really like how all of the characters and backgrounds look in the game. Where this game falls short is in the content department. There are only 6 fighters and a boss, which doesn't appear to unlock. In story mode you fight through 8 matches, one of the fights is against the same guy twice, and which guy you fight twice depends on which faction you are playing as. There is also a versus mode, survival mode, and practice mode. I did notice a little lag a few times when playing the game and it seemed like it might correspond to when I was playing against the werewolf. The werewolf has a fast back and forth animation when standing. I not sure if that's the cause, but it seems like it could be a the problem. The other big problem is the extremely poorly translated in-game text. I've seen some bad translations, and this one ranks high on the list. I could actually forgive the bad translation if I could get a chance to read the text. Unfortunately the text disappears from the screen far too fast to get to read it all. To me that's the worst thing about the game. The game came with a classic style box and an instruction manual showing all of the moves and whatnot. Speaking of moves, they are all fairly straight forwards moves that you'd expect if you were playing as Ryu on Street Fighter. A couple characters have 1 charge move, but most don't. Overall I do like the game, but I don't feel it is worth $50. This would be worth $20 - $25 tops in my opinion.

hqdefault.jpg

Persona 5 - 7/10. Being a huge fan of the series, played 1-5. Was disappointed by the story and characters. In Persona 4, the story was really good and drew me in. Also the characters were really developed. P5 wasn't bad, but inferior to P4 imo.

Return to Arkham: Arkham City - 10/10 - Still my favorite out of all the Arkham games. I didn't think I'd platinum the game again because of the campaigns, but sure enough I had it finished in no time. Now I need to work on the Catwoman, Nightwing, and Robin maps. I still dread Top of the World extreme with Catwoman.

Until Dawn: 8/10

Really liked his one, controls left a bit to be desired and the beginning was a little slow, but pretty good. makes me wonder what will change if I replay it.

Nier Automata - 9/10

What a pleasant surprise. Platinum did a fantastic job on it. There's such an attention to detail in every little nuance that you're playing as an android, which causes a lot of four wall breaking. I still need to get more endings, but wow. I highly recommend it.

The OST is incredible too.

Mass Effect Andromeda - 7.5/10

Despite the over-exaggerated hate for the game, it's got gorgeous worlds and pretty fun combat. The story isn't so engrossing, and the characters are annoying, but fun nonetheless.

Sonic Mania (PS4)

Sweet, sweet nostalgia. Not only did Sonic Mania revisit several classic Sonic stages (among them my favourite Sonic stage of all time), it revised and largely improved upon them as well. These stages, in addition to the equally impressive new ones, feature some truly fun and clever gimmicks that attribute to what I feel is Sonic's best outing since 3 & Knuckles. The game isn't completely faithful to those of old, however; many of its bosses and musical tracks aren't quite as inspired as those from the 16-bit era. But despite these trivial gripes, I can't wait to start another playthrough. Although I've only played through the game once thus far and didn't get the true ending, there's tremendous replay value here with extras to unlock and chaos emeralds to acquire. If you're looking for a game to scratch an itch for nostalgia and you were a fan of the 16-bit Sonic games, I can't recommend this enough.

8.5/10

Metal Gear Solid 3 HD: 8.5/10

Had been about 10 years since I played it through the first time, but it's still loads of fun. I didn't remember a lot of details from the later stages of the original, but I'm pretty sure there was a button mashing mini game during the torture scene that was, thankfully, removed. Not sure if it tops the original in my mind, but I love the aesthetic design of the game, and the fact that it is steeped in the real world politics of the Cold War. Ocelot seems shoe-horned in, but they kept continuity with the other games in the series that way, so it is understandable. As with all the Metal Gear games, the melodrama is over the top at times and could use some reigning in. Some of the character behaviors are also strange, bringing you out of the game here and there. EVA wants Snake to leave her to die, because she doesn't want to slow him down, but then turns around and betrays him after he rescues her? Ocelot goes ridiculously out of his way, risking his life to chase Snake down at the end over and over, but when he finally has a chance to kill Snake, just smiles and jumps out of the chopper? But the real value of those games is the gameplay of course, and the mood and style of the game. The silly aspects of the story can be ignored. Fun boss battles, too, and it's great hearing Michael Bell as one of those guys.

That's disheartening.
Yep.
It's a really messy blend of Biohazard and Silent Hill.
Plus there's a lot of rushed things (reused assests, skipped boss fight, reused assest, bugs, etc).
I also hate obvious copypasts from Biohazard series, lazy design of enemies and inconsistent visuals.

Back