Rate The Last Game You FINISHED..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$300? :thud:

I may need a little bit of time to decide, but I may not have a lot considering it's being discontinued. :lol I don't use my older consoles often, so I may not need it. Still, it would be nice to have for when I do. Thanks for all the info on it! I'm definitely curious.

Do you have anything older than a PS2? Yeah, it is pricey and certainly not for everyone (emulation is cheaper), but I bit the bullet when I learned they were being discontinued plus I became aware that a lot of people were flipping it for profit, so I could do the same (and earn extra!) if I didn't liked it. Thankfully after months of waiting and finally having it in hand, that didn't became an issue at all. :lol

Still though, you might not need one if you keep your CRT. It's somewhat of an invaluable item now and it became "cool" to own one again. I'm glad I didn't tossed out mine, because I almost did.

Do you have anything older than a PS2? Yeah, it is pricey and certainly not for everyone (emulation is cheaper), but I bit the bullet when I learned they were being discontinued plus I became aware that a lot of people were flipping it for profit, so I could do the same (and earn extra!) if I didn't liked it. Thankfully after months of waiting and finally having it in hand, that didn't became an issue at all. :lol

Still though, you might not need one if you keep your CRT. It's somewhat of an invaluable item now and it became "cool" to own one again. I'm glad I didn't tossed out mine, because I almost did.

I have a SNES, PS1, N64, and I'm hoping to get a Genesis. Would it work with a GameCube? Also I may do the same thing if I get one and don't like it. :lol

If it looks the same on a CRT I'll just stick with that though.

I still play my PS2 and Dreamcast, so I definitely need to get one before they're gone forever.

I have a SNES, PS1, N64, and I'm hoping to get a Genesis. Would it work with a GameCube? Also I may do the same thing if I get one and don't like it. :lol

If it looks the same on a CRT I'll just stick with that though.

Judging by those consoles, sounds like you both need one. :lol

@Captain, it looks sharper than CRT, and there's scanlines too. As for Gamecube, yes of course it works (and anything else except an RF connection). I was too poor to afford a SNES/Geness as a kid so I'm trying to get hold of a them so I can play Turtles in Time with razor sharp pixels on a HDTV. :rock

And yeah, you could just flip it if you decide to sell it, check how much much they're going for on eBay. There was a panic mode few months back when it was announced it was gonna be discontinued.

Judging by those consoles, sounds like you both need one. :lol

@Captain, it looks sharper than CRT, and there's scanlines too. As for Gamecube, yes of course it works (and anything else except an RF connection). I was too poor to afford a SNES/Geness as a kid so I'm trying to get hold of a them so I can play Turtles in Time with razor sharp pixels on a HDTV. :rock

And yeah, you could just flip it if you decide to sell it, check how much much they're going for on eBay. There was a panic mode few months back when it was announced it was gonna be discontinued.

Fiiine, maybe I need one. :lol I'll see how things are looking, and I might snag one. Worst thing that happens is I'll sell it.

That sounds awesome about the sharp lines for sprite-based games. The NES Classic had that, but with it came a small bit of lag.

Ah got it. Although to be honest, composite video should be avoided at all cost. There's a Toro VGA box for the DC but it's expensive- $80! If you're serious about getting the best picture out of your DC, I would say the best performance-to-cost ratio might be an upcoming custom Component cable that a specialty site, HD Retrovision will be selling in the future, maybe that's something that would interest you?

https://www.hdretrovision.com/development/

I don't mind composite. I'm a purist at heart and tend to be overly nostalgic in general, and because I originally played these games via their included composite cables, I have no real desire to upscale anytime soon. I wouldn't mind a CRT television, though. Thanks anyway!

No, they're correct. Maybe I just love the Batman Arkham games so much :lol.

We all have our love or hate games. For instance, people might give red redemption a 9 or a 10/10 but I'd just give it a 6. It just wasn't for me.

I loved Arkham Asylum, and i started City and was digging it alot. But i kept finding a problem with it, every time i picked up the game, due to the open world nature i kept just free roaming, getting xp and leveling up. Id make next to no story progress. As a result the periods of time between kept getting wider with no motivation. I went to play it a few weeks ago to carry on, i forgot the controls, i dont even remember what i can do and the city is populated with snipers and grunts you can only beat by convoluted means. I dont know where to go, what to do or how to control it. And you dont get the chance to learn because now everybody kicks your ass.

I loved Arkham Asylum, and i started City and was digging it alot. But i kept finding a problem with it, every time i picked up the game, due to the open world nature i kept just free roaming, getting xp and leveling up. Id make next to no story progress. As a result the periods of time between kept getting wider with no motivation. I went to play it a few weeks ago to carry on, i forgot the controls, i dont even remember what i can do and the city is populated with snipers and grunts you can only beat by convoluted means. I dont know where to go, what to do or how to control it. And you dont get the chance to learn because now everybody kicks your ass.

Challenge rooms are your friend, the controls are easy to pick up after a few minutes.

If it wasn't for the heavy focus on Vehicle battles in Arkham Knight, i would rate it as high as the rest of the games. It was fun with the Batmobile, but it was just too much.

Undertale - 10/10

I held off playing Undertale for years, until a friend recently got me back into it. Quite frankly, it's one of the most well-polished indie games I've ever played. The story is engrossing with amusing and memorable side-characters. There was also a big twist in the end that almost left me in tears (it's just that good). Then there's the combat system - it's very unique, and depending on your play-style (whether you choose to spare or kill your enemies), you'll experience different ending scenarios.

There's also the synth-wave inspired music...

It's highly recommended at $9.99 MSRP - even better if you can get it on sale.

Despite people sayin that it is a GTA wanna be, I think Sleeping dogs...stand out and makes it own knick to it. Never imagined I would like the game. The combat system is really fun, especially when you have more enemies around, beside the slow motion effect using the gun was not amusing. Story, could be repetitive and somewhat cliche. Most enjoyable thing I got from this game is the Asian atmosphere and songs.
I Would give it 7.5/10

Back