Rate The Last Game You FINISHED..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dragon Ball Xenoverse - 7/10

Fun game with a new twist on the standard story, gets repetitive fast and has a lot of BS moments. But nice to play all around.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse - 7/10

Fun game with a new twist on the standard story, gets repetitive fast and has a lot of BS moments. But nice to play all around.

They've been doing these games for over a decade, and the one only to get it right was Tenkaichi 3. I'm sure XENO 2 will end up being the same crap, with Super characters.

They've been doing these games for over a decade, and the one only to get it right was Tenkaichi 3. I'm sure XENO 2 will end up being the same crap, with Super characters.
Yeah, that's all that can really be said. The fact that they showed the same stories that were tackled in Xeno, and similar premise...doesn't give me much hope. It should be fine but the only thing they can do is put in the fights or moments that weren't in Xeno, like Imperfect/Semi-Perfect Cell and the Trunks and Android Sagas.

If they fix the asinine RNG factor for getting rewards/pick ups, that would make it a much better game to me. The amount of times I reset for Super Saiyan....

Uncharted 4 - 9.5/10
Easily the best Uncharted game and a satisfied conclusion to a great franchise.

Hotline Miami - 10/10

I rarely assign perfect scores to anything. But, I believe that Hotline Miami is well-deserving on one. It's an adrenaline-pumping thrill ride, as you battle your way through scores of pixelated enemies, at the tune to 80s Synthwave. There's also a simple, yet engrossing storyline that'll make you care about the lead character, too.

It's a good Indie title to relax and unwind with, after a long, hard day of work.
Brilliant game. Only game I actually strived for the Platinum trophy. Makes you become an awesome ballerina of death.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - 9/10.

Probably my GOTY so far, and one of the best PS4 exclusives. It's got a slow start, which can work for establishing a few things, but after it begins everything is fantastic. A few story elements were weak, but Naughty Dog really took their time with the game overall and I'm very happy with them like I always am. It took cues from some other games ND did too, notably The Last of Us and it's like a best of both worlds scenario. I'm highly pleased. I'd rank it just below Uncharted 2 due to the sequences not quite stacking up (though they are great on their own) but I'm not sure how I'd rank it in ND's list. Overall a great conclusion to the series

Hotline Miami - 10/10

I rarely assign perfect scores to anything. But, I believe that Hotline Miami is well-deserving on one. It's an adrenaline-pumping thrill ride, as you battle your way through scores of pixelated enemies, at the tune to 80s Synthwave. There's also a simple, yet engrossing storyline that'll make you care about the lead character, too.

It's a good Indie title to relax and unwind with, after a long, hard day of work.
:rock

One of my favorite games, along with HLM2, probably right up there with Doom, Doom 2, Duke and MGS1.

It's just simple and visceral yet complex.

Did you get the second ending?

Silent hill 2, 8.5/10 although its quite repetitive the story and characters are great
Hey KB - fellow Aussie here, did you play through the PS3 HD version? If not, I'm just wondering if you could please clarify (or know at all); did Silent Hill 2 get a normal plastic DVD case release here in AUS, or was it just that 2 disc Digi-pak version that I keep seeing on eBay? I'm trying to find a nice copy of that game on PS2, & it seems all that's out there (locally) are those cardboard ones, in ratty condition most of the time.

Cheers. :)

Avoid the PS3/360 versions if Silent Hill 2 and 3 at all costs! It's either the PS2 or PC versions.

Unfortunately I could only find the ps3 vers the frame rate was very unstable at times

Yeah I know, that's why I'm after a nice regular PS2 copy - if such a thing exists.

It almost seems like we never got one in AUS, just that Digi-pak one.

The framerate is okay, but the worst offenders are the missing fog, textures, colors and worst of all, the re-dub of SH3. The games were reverse-engendered off the unfinished codes of the PS2 games, hence why they were so, so bad.

Silent Hill 2 on PC is pretty undemanding and could probably run on a toaster, while SH3 is still very pretty to look at, and you'll need a decent graphics card.

I'm such a huge Silent Hill fan and the HD ports were just unacceptable, they totally ruin the aesthetics of the games that 99% rely on atmosphere. Until Konami releases a fixed port, you'd be better off finding the the PS2/PC versions on eBay, they're night and day to the HD abomination.

I'm just trying to get a nice PAL copy of the PS1 game first actually. :lol

All these classic titles are going for stupid prices now, which is unbelievably fustrating. It seems like everyone & their dog is on the retro game collectiing train now, & eBay sellers are playing on that even moreso these days.

I'm just glad I started getting back into it all a couple of years ago now, because I've got a lot of my bucket list crossed off thankfully.

I'm just trying to get a nice PAL copy of the PS1 game first actually. :lol

All these classic titles are going for stupid prices now, which is unbelievably fustrating. It seems like everyone & their dog is on the retro game collectiing train now, & eBay sellers are playing on that even moreso these days.

I'm just glad I started getting back into it all a couple of years ago now, because I've got a lot of my bucket list crossed off thankfully.

I lost my copy of SH1, but I still have the PS2 sequels, I think they can be bought for cheap, unlike the PC versions which is somewhat a collector's item nowadays. Does Australia use PAL standards? I think the PAL games were even cheaper.

Boom, you're welcome:

https://www.ebay.com.my/itm/Silent-...857798?hash=item25bcd4e106:g:Ht4AAOSwXSJXO1zM

https://www.ebay.com.my/itm/SILENT-...192437?hash=item3f637ec6b5:g:GCoAAOSw6btXQ0rU

Yep, AUS is a PAL region.

Thanks for the gesture Ryan, but two things: a) I'm only buying games locally to avoid any drawn out dramas, & I'm pretty selective about who I buy from at that - & b) I don't want the digi-pak one. I actually conveyed that a couple of times in the last few posts, hence my asking about the possible existence of a regular plastic case version. :lol

Just gonna continue being patient & I'll get what I'm after eventually. :)

Last edited:
Honestly considering the 360 port got no fixes at all, Konami totally won't patch it. I think they stated why and it was effectively 'we don't care'.

That said the re-dub is hilarious because they got the likes of Troy Baker and other common VAs :lol

DmC: Devil May Cry Definitive Edition - 7.5/10.

Take out that laughable story and strange edge, and it's an all right game.

Back