Rate The Last Game You FINISHED..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of RPGs, do any of you folks know much about 'Natural Doctrine' ?

I found a new copy of this for PS3 the other day at a local tech shop for a dollar. Yep, one dollar.

It looks pretty, but it's supposed to be stupidly difficult, & that's not exactly music to my ears, since I have zero experience playing these types of games. :lol

Apparently these J-RPGs increase in value over time, is that right?

Tomb Raider Anniversary - 8/10

Took me 4 years to finish this game! A real homage to the the 4 original TR adventures, with some old settings/set pieces and puzzled mixed in with a new story. If you enjoyed the original titles then just go and play this as Lara looks better than ever, and her new moves and tighter controls make the game really fun to play with little frustration

Tomb Raider Anniversary - 8/10

Took me 4 years to finish this game! A real homage to the the 4 original TR adventures, with some old settings/set pieces and puzzled mixed in with a new story. If you enjoyed the original titles then just go and play this as Lara looks better than ever, and her new moves and tighter controls make the game really fun to play with little frustration

It's an absolutely fantastic game. Hope you've played Legend and Underworld, as those are the story sequels to Anniversary.

It's an absolutely fantastic game. Hope you've played Legend and Underworld, as those are the story sequels to Anniversary.
I did play both, but a long time ago. I can remember the dodgy motorcycle sections in underworld as I used to love Cheevo hunting, and that part in particular was so tricky! Tomb raider had some savagely hard achievements

Sent from my LG-H440n using Tapatalk

I did play both, but a long time ago. I can remember the dodgy motorcycle sections in underworld as I used to love Cheevo hunting, and that part in particular was so tricky! Tomb raider had some savagely hard achievements

Sent from my LG-H440n using Tapatalk

Yeah, some parts were hard! Call me crazy, but I love the puzzle solving and precise platforming of these games rather than the generic cover shooter it has become.

No believe me, Ryan is crazy for other reasons, but not for his opinion :lol

Tomb Raider: Defined Edition 8/10

OK, so i will be honest. I thoroughly enjoyed this game! For a series of games that hasn't really been heavy on the shooting aspects, i thought it was handled pretty well. The story was entertaining, and gradually gets more OTT as it progresses, but hey what Lara Story doesnt. The far east setting was a nice choice, and looked great with next gen graphics. The story had a nice pace, ifnot a wee bit short for my tastes.

The cons of this title would be the lack of puzzles, and the over reliance on combat. I do understand though this is a reboot, and things need to be shaken up to keep it fresh. I hope they bring over all the new gameplay mechanics, and chuck in plenty of new puzzles in stunning locations.
Im holding out for the PS4 version as i just bought the console after Xmas and hear that it will run better on there than the Xbone

Batman Arkham Knight - 8/10

Overall a solid game like the previous ones in the series, use of the batmobile was a little over the top and the story wasn't very interesting but it was still enjoyable to play. Got about 30 riddler trophies to clear up to get the full ending

The Last Of US 100/10

Best video game of all time.

yvLCOeN.gif

I agree 100%. I can't wait for the sequel.

Probably a joke of sorts

New Super Mario Bros U - 7.8/10

Wario World - 6.7/10

Eh... I think TLOU is one of the best story-driven games I've played. But, it's definitely not the best game, ever. That would have to go to Ocarina of Time.

TLOU is one of the best, definitely up there. But gaming is very subjective and more diverse than even film. For me, the best JRPGs are Final Fantasy VII and VI, Chrono Trigger, and Persona 4 Golden, but I haven't played every single JRPG and neither have people who claim "best game ever" likely tried every genre out there.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I love TLOU with every fiber in my body, but just like Uncharted, the brain-dead A.I puts me into a fit of rage all the time. And the less said about the unbalanced multiplayer, the better.

I just hope Uncharted 4 will improve upon that since TLOU and Uncharted are technically siblings.

The Last Of Us is one of my favorite games, from a narrative stand point alone it ranks as one of the best games ever. I think the game even tops some Academy Award winning films in its approach to story telling and character development.

Back