Rate The Last Game You FINISHED..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just beat Battlefield: Bad Company 2. 6/10

For starters, I want to say I've only played a little of the multi player, and that score is based on single player alone.

The gameplay was pretty solid for the most part, and by that I mean it felt like every other shooter out there. Had some glitches throughout the game, and would die randomly for some reason. My favorite instance of this was falling down a hill, walking a few feet and then dying, saying I committed suicide.

Now, I know MW2 is hardly original, but this campaign felt like a rip off of every bad action movie they show on USA. We've got the guy ready to retire for one last mission, the military hick who likes to blow stuff up, the nerdy guy and of course the hero. Then there's the necessary ridiculous plot, the obvious betrayal and of course the rescue.

Also, besides the jokes made of MW2, did anybody else notice how many scenes/action pieces were ripped right out of COD:4?

Overall, this game made for a relatively enjoyable 6 or 7 hours, but without an original bone in its body and pretty forgettable characters, I'd take COD's campaign any day.

Half-Life 2 Episode 2...I'd give it a 8.5 out of 10. I enjoyed it more than Episode 1, but it's still plagued by those hard to get use to driving mechanics. The story I felt moved along rather well and was much more engaging than Episode 1.

Half-Life 2 Episode 2...I'd give it a 8.5 out of 10. I enjoyed it more than Episode 1, but it's still plagued by those hard to get use to driving mechanics. The story I felt moved along rather well and was much more engaging than Episode 1.

Hopefully it won't be too much longer until Valve finally unveils Episode 3. It's felt like a long wait for an episode.

Hopefully it won't be too much longer until Valve finally unveils Episode 3. It's felt like a long wait for an episode.

How much do the episodes themselves retail for? They are more like DLC right? I don't think I'd pay $60 for another short episode of Half Life 2. The Orange Box was a steal at $20. I can't see me paying more than $20 for Ep. 3...they release them on the game marketplace right?

How much do the episodes themselves retail for? They are more like DLC right? I don't think I'd pay $60 for another short episode of Half Life 2. The Orange Box was a steal at $20. I can't see me paying more than $20 for Ep. 3...they release them on the game marketplace right?

From what I understand, The physical retail version of the HL2 Episodes can only be purchased as part of The Orange Box if you're stuck on consoles, but for PC you can get them individually off Steam, and they weren't full priced.

I doubt Episode 3 will be $60 by itself. This is just my two cents, but I think they might bundle it with Portal 2. But who knows.

From what I understand, The physical retail version of the HL2 Episodes can only be purchased as part of The Orange Box if you're stuck on consoles, but for PC you can get them individually off Steam, and they weren't full priced.

I doubt Episode 3 will be $60 by itself. This is just my two cents, but I think they might bundle it with Portal 2. But who knows.

I'll be getting it for the 360 when it does eventually come out..if ever. LOL I wouldn't consider being on consoles as being "stuck" It's my preferred gaming method and I feel I'm getting the better end of the deal by playing the HL series on the console. I"ll take two analog sticks over a mouse and keyboard any day.

I'll be getting it for the 360 when it does eventually come out..if ever. LOL I wouldn't consider being on consoles as being "stuck" It's my preferred gaming method and I feel I'm getting the better end of the deal by playing the HL series on the console. I"ll take two analog sticks over a mouse and keyboard any day.

I didn't mean it as a negative. I meant that if you only had consoles when The Orange Box was released, that was the only way you could get Half-Life Episode 2, which required shelling out $60. On PC, you could pick and choose a la carte, if that's what you wanted.

It's so odd that you felt as if you needed to come to the console's defense. I can't imagine a less consequential debate.

I didn't mean it as a negative. I meant that if you only had consoles when The Orange Box was released, that was the only way you could get Half-Life Episode 2, which required shelling out $60. On PC, you could pick and choose a la carte, if that's what you wanted.

It's so odd that you felt as if you needed to come to the console's defense. I can't imagine a less consequential debate.

You sounded like one of those PC elitist who think anything that doesn't have a mouse and keyboard is inferior.

God of War 3- 9.5/10
The best action game I've ever played. The graphics, the scale and the gameplay just top everything else out there.

Guys, can we not have this discussion? Seriously, we all have our preferences system-wise, but that's not what the thread's about.

Aliens vs Predator SP: 7.5/10
Aliens vs Predator MP: 8/10

Back