Rate The Last Game You FINISHED..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved the ending but...

Spoiler Spoiler:

:monkey2

In fact.

Spoiler Spoiler:
:rotfl:lol

I finished the story mode for "Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker" about 2 weeks ago, and I'm currently working toward completing the extra-ops missions. Peace Walker is by far, the lengthiest addition to the MGS franchise (quite a surprise, since this is a PSP game). I've already put in 80 hours of gameplay so far, and I'm not even close to finishing everything.

In terms of graphics, this game looks exactly like MGS 3, but it plays better - and by "better", I mean that the controls have been simplified, especially the CQC controls. Aiming is a sinch with a newly innovated auto-aim feature, that allows you to target of specific body parts of enemy soldiers. This allows you to pull of some pretty cool moves. If you wish to stun an enemy, simply auto aim the hands or legs and disable them, or aim for the head if you prefer a clean head shot.

The CQC controls now allow variety of new manuvers. You can now CQC an entire group of enemies, by simply tapping the "R" button repeatedly when the on-screen prompt appears. This "CQC cycle" is a life saver on some of the tougher vehicle missions, when entire groups of enemies will repeatedy flank your position. You can also go "bowling with soldiers" (as I like to call it), by grabbing an enemy and tossing him into his buddies, which usually stuns everyone within the vacinity of where the soldier falls.

The game is divided into 32 "Main Ops" missions, about 128 "Extra Ops" missions, and a variety of "Outer Ops". I spent much of my time in this game replaying some of the earlier missions, in order to build and expand the "Mother Base" (which houses all of the recruited, and captured soldiers). Mother Base plays a significant role in Peace Walker, as it is needed to develop, and level up new weapons (through the R&D section). In fact, facing off against a new boss with old gear, is a guarantee that you'll get your ass handed to you. I have yet to play this game on co-op, but I can say with all honesty, that I had an extremely tough time in finishing the story mode by myself. Perhaps my weapons weren't strong enough, but I didn't want to spend an extra week just grinding for new weapons, and leveling up my stuff. That would have ruined the entire story experience for me. In many ways this game was built with co-op in mind, and if you're planning to go it on solo (like I did), you have been warned.

Peace Walker is great addition to the MGS franchise, and perhaps, the best PSP game to date. To me, this game certainly didn't feel like the MGS 5 that Kojima claimed. It's more like a Kojima directed spin-off. On the down side, the game is extremely tough on solo, so finding a buddy to play with, is essential for a smooth experience.

I'm not going to assign this game a score, since scores don't really mean anything to me. All I'll say is that it's an awesome game. If you have a PSP, and if you're a fan of MGS, go for it.

Singularity for Xbox 360.

7.5/10

Solid FPS, some cool time manipulation concepts, nice varied weapons, and a compelling story (awesome ending). The jumping around in time is very well written. Most "time" stories are full of paradoxes, but this one does a good job of keeping the confusion down.

N/A for multiplayer because I don't have Live.

RE5 Gold Edition again 9/10. I finally succeeded in getting an "S" ranking on every chapter on every difficulty on the main story without the use of a live partner.

Bayonetta: 9.5/10

Definitely one of the best action platformers that I've played.

Mass Effect 2: 9.5/10

Were it not for a few stiff animations and graphical glitches, I'd give it a perfect score.

Back