RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

I was talking about the Carpenter version (not a remake - both films are based off a novella, two different takes on original story). The original was over 50 years ago, not 25!

The original is an crappy flick, even compared to other B movies of the era. But Carpenter created a masterpiece by remaining a bit truer to the original story.

Ah, didn't see the last bit of your post. Oh well, I love both films.

My favorite part of the 50's version is that James Arness is a giant carrot.

As to running zombies - yea, I hated that. The people in 28 Days aren't zombies, so their mobility isn't an issue. But what was even worse with Dawn zombies is that they got FASTER after they were dead! Maybe I'm crazy, but it doesn't seem likely that death would improve your motor skills.

As to running zombies - yea, I hated that. The people in 28 Days aren't zombies, so their mobility isn't an issue. But what was even worse with Dawn zombies is that they got FASTER after they were dead! Maybe I'm crazy, but it doesn't seem likely that death would improve your motor skills.

:lecture

Having running zombies turns the film into a run of the mill monster/horror movie.

What makes Romero's zombie movies so great is that often the real monsters are the living. They should be able to succeed against the shambling zombies but their stupidity or selfishness is often their undoing.

Plus a hoard of shambling zombies just has a different feel on camera than just another scene where the character is being chased by a running zombie. You might as well exchange the zombie for any other monster.

Regarding the Dawn of the Dead remake:
Many admirers of the original, as well as Romero himself, protested this change, feeling that it limited the impact of the undead. This is somewhat borne out by the fact that the remake has almost no close up shots of zombies that last more than a second or two. Snyder [Director] mentions this in the commentary track of the remake's DVD, pointing out that they seem too human when the camera lingers upon them for longer.

Let's see.....

This Is It
8/10 only because I was hoping for a little bit more of a "what happened" at the end of his life and the movie just kind of ends. Not that the movie was advertised that way mind you.

I will say this, I'm not a MJ fan, like some of his stuff, but man that guy could dance (duh) and I would have gone to see that show after watching this movie. Now, would I have been able to afford it or would I have paid the prices they were probably asking for tickets....um no. However, if someone would have said they had a free ticket I would have totally gone. Looks like they were really going to do it up and what that guy was doing during rehearsals at age 50....would have been quite the sight.

The Spirit
Haha, I don't even know what the he** to rate this. I was expecting this horribly bad film and it turned out okay. I can't say I loved it, can't say I'd ever watch it again, but I CAN say I actually kind of enjoyed parts of it.
Samuel Jackson was pretty good in it and of course the ladies were nice to look at in it as well (mmm Scarlett). I think my favorite part were the idiot clones. They were pretty damn entertaining,...all except the stupid foot part.

Here goes, 6/10....that's probably about right.

Interesting, I've never read it either, was it anything like Barry Lyndon?

Idiocracy: 5/10

Had some funny parts, very insightful satire about the dumbing down of America. But overall it felt a little amateurish.

I've been sick, and I watched a bunch of movies on HBO, while staying home from school.

The Happening- 3/10 Only for some interesting scenes. terrible acting. this movie is a joke.

Ghost of Girlfriends past- 8/10 Yes I enjoyed a chick flick.

Gran Torino- 10/10 This movie is excellent, I highly recommend it. It's pretty moving as well as just excellent.

the hurt locker.....8.5/10 pretty good acting and on bluray the visuals are amazing.

the hangover.......7/10 was pretty funny, but wasent as good as i thought it would be.

the lord of the rings bluray edition........10/10 amazing just amazing....i watched them all over again and this is a must have set

I've been sick, and I watched a bunch of movies on HBO, while staying home from school.

The Happening- 3/10 Only for some interesting scenes. terrible acting. this movie is a joke.

Ghost of Girlfriends past- 8/10 Yes I enjoyed a chick flick.

Gran Torino- 10/10 This movie is excellent, I highly recommend it. It's pretty moving as well as just excellent.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THE HAPPENING! I swear to go* if I ever see Shyamalandingdong in public I'm going to walk right up to him and punch him in the face for that movie. HATE it (can you tell?), WORST movie ever!

Just watched Kick Ass!!! 8/10, enjoyed that one.. It was fun to watch, and the action scenes are awesome! :)

I wish Hot Toys would make a Hit-Girl, that'd be Badass!!! :rock

hit-girl-poster.jpg

:lecture

Having running zombies turns the film into a run of the mill monster/horror movie.

What makes Romero's zombie movies so great is that often the real monsters are the living. They should be able to succeed against the shambling zombies but their stupidity or selfishness is often their undoing.

Plus a hoard of shambling zombies just has a different feel on camera than just another scene where the character is being chased by a running zombie. You might as well exchange the zombie for any other monster.

Regarding the Dawn of the Dead remake:

He can _____ all he wants, but slow moving zombies arent scary at all. Have you seen Romaro's latest trash? ____. Give me fast snarling drooling, screaming zombies any day of the week.

Death at a Funeral (2007) 9/10

I had intended to see the recently released version until I found it was a remake and went searching for the original. For those who don't know, the new one is based on a British comedy of the same name.

Having just finished the movie, I can honestly say I'm still laughing. It's one of the funniest movies I've seen in a while and the best part is that it manages to have many characters who all see fleshed out enough to make you laugh. The acting is great, the story is funny as hell and the whole movie is totally worth a watch.

Back