RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty: 8/10

Enjoyed it. I was very impressed by Stiller's direction. It was visually poetic. Very sweet. Liked the songs as well.

According to the filmmakers that's on purpose, because it's a prequel. They wanted to show how The Thing got so good at being deceptive, manipulative and sneaky. :wave

It's an advanced being capable of space travel whose natural defense is mimicry. It needed to learn not to expose itself?

Noah: 2 / 10 - If you can get beyond the absolutely silly story line (which is difficult) the writing and sets and special effects don't make it any better. I think they lifted the watchers out of an old Sinbad claymation movie. Preposterous and pretentious (common in Aronofsky's movies). Another turd for Aronofsky in general - I don't know why I give this guy the time of day, I sincerely hate every single thing he's done. He's just a more artsy Uwe Boll.

Transcendance: 7 / 10 (or thereabouts). I thought I was going to hate this one, but the story didn't follow my preconceptions, which was a very good thing.

Cuban Fury: 8 / 10 - loved it. Fun, light, funny, charming. Just the right amount of silly.

The Grand Budapest Hotel: 8 / 10 - if you like Wes Anderson films, this is another gem - If you hate them, you'll likely dislike this one too.

Last edited:
It's an advanced being capable of space travel whose natural defense is mimicry. It needed to learn not to expose itself?

The nature and behaviour of the Thing, to me, has never seemed to fit with the idea of a space-faring intelligent race. I assumed the alien craft crashed on earth as a result of its crew being wiped out by the Thing, not that the Thing itself was the intelligent creature travelling across space.

Back