RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John Carter 7.5/10 - rewatched

Pisses me off that this movie was far better than it was given credit for during release. Between critics and purists talking crap about this film it cratered in ticket sales and there will never be a sequel.

Pisses me off that this movie was far better than it was given credit for during release. Between critics and purists talking crap about this film it cratered in ticket sales and there will never be a sequel.

Totally agree with you! I love that film and hate the fact that it bombed. Such a shame. I'd love to see multiple sequels to this, but too bad it won't ever happen.

Hesher - 7/10

Mud - 8/10

The marketing for it was virtually non existent too - it was handled poorly overall. :(

An excellent film.. shame on Disney.

Deliver Us from Evil - 7/10 - A decent slow turn flick. More along the lines of a dark Law & Order with an exorcism in it. Bana pulled off a Bronx accent well.

The Starving Games - NA/10 - Yea a 'scary movie' spoof of Hunger Games. I did chuckle more than I should have. The ending has a spot on impersonation of The Expendables cast that is worth it.

The Thing prequel: 2/10

This movie had so many opportunities to be awesome and it's very generic. I will never forgive the fact that they cgi'd over all the practical effects. Having seen that effect reel of the original stuff, it looked so much better and scarier. The CGI ended up totally flattening everything out and ruined some incredible work.

This movie had so many opportunities to be awesome and it's very generic. I will never forgive the fact that they cgi'd over all the practical effects. Having seen that effect reel of the original stuff, it looked so much better and scarier. The CGI ended up totally flattening everything out and ruined some incredible work.

Universal being afraid of people in the test audiences they did, the movie was ready to ship but then they spent millions on dollars to cgi everything just because some teenagers said the practical effects looked "funny and stupid"

I thought The Thing (2011) was pretty good. I didn't read anything about it before watching. I thought it was simply a reboot/remake of the '82 version, so I was surprised to see it tie-in to the beginning of the '82 movie. Pretty cool.
Yeah, the CG was over the top and hilarious at times, but I was able to overlook that and still enjoyed the story.

Princess and the Frog - 6/10
The animation in this one is great, but for some reason I just can't get into the story.

The Mask - 7/10

I thought The Thing (2011) was pretty good. I didn't read anything about it before watching. I thought it was simply a reboot/remake of the '82 version, so I was surprised to see it tie-in to the beginning of the '82 movie. Pretty cool.
Yeah, the CG was over the top and hilarious at times, but I was able to overlook that and still enjoyed the story.

What bugs me about it was that the Thing didn't really try to hide itself whatsoever like it did in the original.

Back