RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robocop new version: 6.7ish/10

Surprisingly good! Very different from the original in tone and intention. This film doesn't have much of a subversive political statement underlying the film (the one that is there is pretty explicit and in your face), and in that sense, it doesn't have the same artistic value IMO. But as an straightforward action drama it works very well. I thought Murphy/Robocop guy, Oldman, Keaton, Rorschach guy, and of course, Omar from the Wire were all extremely good in their roles. These characters felt fairly believable with logical progressions over the course of the film, apart from Keaton's last scene, when his character became a bit of a caricature for the purpose of allowing us a satisfying resolution.

Transformers AOE 7.5/10

Spoiler Spoiler:

Robocop new version: 6.7ish/10

Surprisingly good! Very different from the original in tone and intention. This film doesn't have much of a subversive political statement underlying the film (the one that is there is pretty explicit and in your face), and in that sense, it doesn't have the same artistic value IMO. But as an straightforward action drama it works very well. I thought Murphy/Robocop guy, Oldman, Keaton, Rorschach guy, and of course, Omar from the Wire were all extremely good in their roles. These characters felt fairly believable with logical progressions over the course of the film, apart from Keaton's last scene, when his character became a bit of a caricature for the purpose of allowing us a satisfying resolution.

Agreed. Huge, huge fan of the original, hated the idea of the remake. I was ready to tear the remake a new one but it was surprisingly good. It's probably due to the movie being it's own different thing rather than trying to outdo the original, kinda like the many iterations of superhero movies.

Dredd 7.5/10 plays it too safe, lacked dark humor, but lots of style and lots of Judge Dredd, I want the sequel damnit! :cuss

I gotta watch that someday. Still can't get the Stallone version out of my head. Does the reboot has The LaaaaaaaaaaaaaWww? :lol

I gotta watch that someday. Still can't get the Stallone version out of my head. Does the reboot has The LaaaaaaaaaaaaaWww? :lol

:lol he never fails to make me lol

Oh it's MILES ahead of the Stallone version, Urban IS Dredd :lecture it's not suuuper rewatchable, cause it's not very layered or anything, in fact, this rating was a bit lower because of that, it was higher the 1st time I saw it, but it's definitely very good and captures the character perfectly.

Also, there is one "law" moment, but way better.

Don't think it's a spoiler, it's just a line that has no consequences and the context isn't really important, but sure is badass,

Spoiler Spoiler:
:lol

Son of Batman: 6.5/10

Pretty good. One of the lesser DC animated films though IMO, following the trend of the Nu-52 JL movie. Kind of a weird portrayal of Deathstroke. Doesn't seem like he had his enhanced powers here.

Son of Batman: 6.5/10

Pretty good. One of the lesser DC animated films though IMO, following the trend of the Nu-52 JL movie. Kind of a weird portrayal of Deathstroke. Doesn't seem like he had his enhanced powers here.

Yeah, it was pretty bland and forgettable. Damian's relationship with Bruce is completely wasted.

Silence of the Lambs - 10/10

Boy, does this one ever hold up. One of the best thrillers ever made. I'd forgotten just how chilling Hopkin's performance as Hannibal was in this film compared to his campier turn in Red Dragon.

Back