RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gravity
How did this movie generate so much buzz?

Because despite being a weak and simple premise for a movie, they made it work. They (everyone involved, including the actors) in fact made it work very well, which is why it's received the acclaim.

7.5/10 for me.

Danny Elfman did the score, so yeah - definitely had that Burton-esque vibe in that respect.

It's of it's time - sure, but JWS & the suit are great, & there's enough about it to enjoy - plus Mark Hamill plays Trixter in future episodes, which is awesome. :rock

Yea you could tell he did the theme. And the score mimics his style too.

I'll have to check out the new series as well.

Gravity - 0/10
The acting was bad...I mean really bad!
The story line was idiotic.
Sandra doing her WALLE imitation in space was laughable!

It was pretty kewl to see in IMAX.

On home tv, it's just sandra bullock screaming for an hour and half.

Gravity - 0/10

I think your being a little harsh on the movie. I'm no Bullock fan, this may be the only movie she was in that I actually enjoyed, and that includes Speed.

I know the idea of any astronaut spacewalking from satellite to space station to space station is absurd, since these objects are nowhere near eachother, but it's one of those thngs that you need to suspend your disbelief on. And I think Cuaron did such an amazing job on a movie that was extremely technically difficult that he accomplished that, at least in my opinion.

I will say that this movie is one of the few that really benefits from 3D, I know it definitely added to my enjoyment of the film.

Now, if you want a Bullock movie that deserves 0 out of 10, that would be The Heat.

Gravity - 0/10

It was pretty kewl to see in IMAX.

On home tv, it's just sandra bullock screaming for an hour and half.

Yeah. I saw it in IMAX and gave it a 7/10 but I can't imagine ever renting this for a home viewing. It'd be like buying a board game about riding a roller coaster and expecting the same experience as a trip to Six Flags.

Gravity - 1/10

First time viewing. What a piece of crap. Sandra Bullock was beyond irritating, and her dumb one liners. The completely impossible things she was pulling off had me rolling my eyes for half of the film.

My kids had The Sorcerer's Apprentice on a little while ago. It starred Nick Cage and the annoying guy from This Is The End. In spite of that it was reasonably watchable. 6.5/10 Don't pay for a rental but if it's free it's ok.

Gravity - 1/10

First time viewing. What a piece of crap. Sandra Bullock was beyond irritating, and her dumb one liners. The completely impossible things she was pulling off had me rolling my eyes for half of the film.

Really that bad? I plan on watching this on HBO OnDemand tonight.

Gravity - 1/10

53922357e691b217d2ab32f1_736.gif

Damn, well a film starring Clooney and Bullock is already a tough sell for me, hopefully I like it.

Dude, it was the movie of that year and this year combined :lol

The best sci-fi movie since I don't know when, but long ago.

A movie that got nomiated for 10 oscars and won 7 does not deserve a 1/10 :lol

Last edited:

I’ve heard a lot of good things about it, and a lot of bad things about it, I’m sure it’s not as bad as Plissken’s rating, but I just haven’t rushed to see it because I’m not too fond of the actors in it, everything else looks interesting though.

I’m about to watch it now.

Damn, well a film starring Clooney and Bullock is already a tough sell for me, hopefully I like it.

I hate both of them. Bullock was annoying, and Clooney played the George Clooney character like always.

Just goes to show that the Academy has their heads up their asses.

Apollo 13 > Gravity

rroZd4e.gif

Maybe if Michael Bay directed it, it'd get more praise around here. :lol

From all the over the top destruction in it, he could of directed it.

I’ve heard a lot of good things about it, and a lot of bad things about it, I’m sure it’s not as bad as Plissken’s rating, but I just haven’t rushed to see it because I’m not too fond of the actors in it, everything else looks interesting though.

I’m about to watch it now.

I went into it thinking it would be at least worth a watch and I thought a lot of people who hated on here were crazy... but I was wrong. I can almost say that by the first half I thought it was just okay, but from then it just annoyed me. I also think the effects were meh, just okay but nothing extraordinary.

The Angriest man in Brooklyn on Bluray

Not a very well written movie, with Robin Williams, Mila Kunis and Peter Dinklage you would think they could pull off a decent movie but no, just not that good at all, very disappointed :dunno

Honestly, I found it gets worse the further it goes on. Definitely a film I have no desire to watch ever again.

Did you watch this on the big screen? I got totally ripped and went along to see it, and found it butt-clenchingly tense and full of space-wonder. It was worth the price of admission for the opening shot alone. I loved it.

In fact I loved it that first time as much as I hated it when I stupidly went back for a second viewing on the small screen. It really is a craphouse movie, but man... that space. It's got space. But yeah, doesn't hold a candle to Apollo 13.

When I mentioned in the Gravity thread that I heckled the final scene - I called out 'Gators dude!' when Bullock's character emerged from the swamp - Maglor was so affronted he called me a wanker :lol

Just watched 'Her'. Thoroughly enjoyed it, every aspect of it. 9.5/10

Did you watch this on the big screen? I got totally ripped and went along to see it, and found it butt-clenchingly tense and full of space-wonder. It was worth the price of admission for the opening shot alone. I loved it.

In fact I loved it that first time as much as I hated it when I stupidly went back for a second viewing on the small screen. It really is a craphouse movie, but man... that space. It's got space. But yeah, doesn't hold a candle to Apollo 13.

When I mentioned in the Gravity thread that I heckled the final scene - I called out 'Gators dude!' when Bullock's character emerged from the swamp - Maglor was so affronted he called me a wanker :lol

Just watched 'Her'. Thoroughly enjoyed it, every aspect of it. 9.5/10

I guess my score is jaded since I saw it on demand, and not in the theater. Even on a TV, I did get vertigo a few times from watching it and that was one aspect that I did like. I just think the series of unrealistic extraordinary events happening over and over really made me dislike it. I didn't want a dull film, but her getting to the space station with a fire extinguisher? GTFO!! :rotfl

On a side note, I really have a hard time watching space-walk videos. I get vertigo really bad from them :lol

I guess you guys didn't stay till the end of the credits where it's revealed the whole thing was a dream sequence...

Back