Rank your favorite ALIEN.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite xenomorph?

• ALIEN

Votes: 239 42.5%
  • ALIENS

Votes: 256 45.5%
  • ALIEN 3

Votes: 48 8.5%
  • Alien Resurrection

Votes: 20 3.6%

• Total voters
Well... ya get that. :lol I actually got into AR years after it came out, I like it more and more as I get older.

Check out the Berserker thread, clique city! Ressurection is a cool film and I can't iamagine the franchise without it now.

By never watching it again I hope to eventually completely forget everything that takes place in it. Hopefully the ability to imagine the franchise without Resurrection will follow on from that. :)

But thats just me.

I don't know. There are people who hate 3 but I love 3 and probably most of those same people hate 4...and I agree with them on that one.

I suppose I find Resurrection cartoony compared to the other ones. It feels so scripted and the characters just don't seem real - compare the crew of the Betty to the crew of the Nostromo. Its like they couldn't possibly exist in the same fictional universe.

.....Dammit I remembered the name of the ship in Resurrection! I'm not forgetting that film nearly fast enough.

Last edited:
Big Chap had personality, he was a bad mother____ing killing machine, the alien warriors in Aliens were just soldiers, the Queen is a different story. the newborn disgusted me when i first saw it and the alien's in alien ressurection were hmm not bad but still i didnt like them much, the dog was good but not as badass as the Big Chap.

so :

Alien
Aliens
Alien 3
Alien Ressurection (swimming aliens ? that sucked)

Yeah, it does look bad, even worse then previously on DVD. Personally I think it deserves a complete overhaul on those special effects shots involving the CG dog/ox Alien. But I know that is a pipedream and highly unlikely to ever happen.

I have a newfound respect for Alien 3 after watching the assembly cut version of the film. It's still rather grim and depressing due to the hopeless nature of Ripley's situation, but it's an excellent film and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

That's probably because it isn't CG.
It was a rod puppet that was filmed on a blue screen and later optically inserted into the film.

And who is "holly" cow?

Didn't know that...ether way still looked horrible.

And it was one of those extended versions of "holy" I was going for.....you know like "holllly". Guess I didn't put enough "L's" in there.

Chris

Didn't know that...ether way still looked horrible.

And it was one of those extended versions of "holy" I was going for.....you know like "holllly". Guess I didn't put enough "L's" in there.

Chris

Sorry dude, I was being an ass...

And you're right, it still looks terrible.
With all the money Fox pumps into these boxed sets, it always amazes me that they don't put a little more effort into cleaning up the SFX of Alien3.

And you're right, it still looks terrible.
With all the money Fox pumps into these boxed sets, it always amazes me that they don't put a little more effort into cleaning up the SFX of Alien3.

There are a lot of purists in the world that would rather things stay ____ty and original than be tampered with. The Star Wars special editions have been a very controversial thing for that reason. Since there's no George Lucas, all powerful master of all things Alien to push for tweaks, FOX probably just feels safer to leave it alone beyond cleaning up the picture for grain and levels and the usual stuff that comes with going from tape to DVD to BR.

Aliens was the first film I got to see, so I am a little biased. When I finally got to see the first one, it was great but I kept thinking the crew could've used a pulse rifle to make it work harder. Not that I can really blame it. That ship was a human buffet.

I'm not always in the mood for Aliens but when I am I typically feel like watching it twice.

Its my favourite one, I'm probably biased too as its the first one I saw as a nipper. Oddly I'm not sure which Terminator film I saw first though.

Aliens was the first movie to scare me as a child. I loved it. Perfect blend of military-sci-fi-horror. Then there's Bill Paxton. Too awesome.

The CG definitely needs redoing in A3, but I guess it shows where CG was at when it was made. I can't work out what the purists would be concerned about, because the original version will always be available for them, too. Love the part where Golic sets the "dragon" free. Great movie!

Back