Rank the SW prequel trilogy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In which order do you rank the PT?

• TPM>AOTC>ROTS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TPM>ROTS>AOTC

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • AOTC>TPM>ROTS

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • AOTC>ROTS>TPM

• ROTS>TPM>AOTC

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • ROTS>AOTC>TPM

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • I only rate TPM

• I only rate AOTC

• I only rate ROTS

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I don't rate any of them

• Total voters
I mean this in the least offensive way possible, but just curious...how old are you? I think a lot of the PT has aged better with the crowd that grew up with it. Wouldn't be surprised to see ST end up the same way. Faults and all.

Lol I was in middle school when rots came out

Anyone who thinks ROTS isn't the best one of the prequels then damn. But pple have different tastes but ROTS was my all time favorite star wars ever. It was dark the saber battles were sick and Anakin was a bad ass when he turned to the dark side. It has its moments with the dialogue but the choreography was amazing with the saber battles. I just found ROTS the most entertaining out of any star wars. I grew up with the originals like many others and they are great but I really think as far as what I like ROTS hit it. Dark, bad ass battles and Anakins turn to Vader. But to each their own.

I prefer the saber battle in Phantom Menace to Revenge of the Sith. The twirling that Anakin and Obi-Wan did without them touching was over done and stupid. The movie was pretty good overall though. The plot point with Mace saying he didn't believe Anakin about Palpatine was also dumb. Mace had a lot of pride but should have kept Anakin close to keep an eye on him. I enjoy the prequels for many reasons though.

I prefer the saber battle in Phantom Menace to Revenge of the Sith. The twirling that Anakin and Obi-Wan did without them touching was over done and stupid. The movie was pretty good overall though. The plot point with Mace saying he didn't believe Anakin about Palpatine was also dumb. Mace had a lot of pride but should have kept Anakin close to keep an eye on him. I enjoy the prequels for many reasons though.

Yes.. At least the overly acrobatic and overly long battle in TPM made sense. The choreography of Anakin/Obi-Wan didn't. Especially considering how swiftly (and more realistically) Anakin dispatched of Dooku.

I re-watched this trilogy a few months back(first time in a long while)...personally i still find them a hard watch..some poor characterization and awful acting let all three down...but i prefer both the first movies...just because i love Maul and Fett...and their set pieces are still great to watch..

ROTS does nothing for me...it's a badly executed mess with Hayden christensen putting in the worst acting performance of any SW movie.

AOTC...

...TPM...

...ROTS...

Yes.. At least the overly acrobatic and overly long battle in TPM made sense. The choreography of Anakin/Obi-Wan didn't. Especially considering how swiftly (and more realistically) Anakin dispatched of Dooku.

Obi-Wan trained Anakin - is it so hard to believe they could anticipate each other's every move?

I watched these three videos about two years ago and it inspired me to watch the PT.

Now this guy has fun playing off the "everything wrong with" videos but he does like these films and adds a lot of insight and admittedly "fan theories" into the story of these films.

Having said that it did give me a slightly new appreciation for all three films and I did enjoy them more after watching his videos.

PS... His Everything Great about TFA and TLJ did not help me enjoy the ST films :lol

Last edited:
17 mins? 19 mins? 22 mins?

Do you think I'm made of time? No way I can give the PT another hour of my time.

Actually I think you can skip to last 10 min or less where he gives an overview of why he likes them..... But then u miss some of his insights and theories.... I found them fun and they actually got me wanting to watch them again... Having said that I never Hated them with all my heart... I enjoyed them all upon first viewing... then all the warts started to show..these videos helped me watch them through a fans eyes.... I still like them more then the ST :)

17 mins? 19 mins? 22 mins?

Do you think I'm made of time? No way I can give the PT another hour of my time.

17 minutes of YT video to discuss the 3 minutes that's great in TPM?:dunno

(and yes, there are moments of greatness in TPM, though nothing that's really related to acting or story - e.g. when all the battle droids on the hanging rack all rock forward when the transport vehicle stops, the shot of the Gungan's ride-on creature walks out of the fog etc.)

I watched these three videos about two years ago and it inspired me to watch the PT.

Now this guy has fun playing off the "everything wrong with" videos but he does like these films and outs a lot of insight and admittedly "fan theories" into the story if these films.

Having said that it did give me a slightly new appreciation for all three films and I did enjoy them more with my second viewing.

PS... His Everything Great about TFA and TLJ did not help me enjoy the ST films :lol

Just watched the TPM one, very entertaining. Yeah I'm pretty much with him on a lot of that. And lol about the fascist E.T.'s. :lol

Obi-Wan trained Anakin - is it so hard to believe they could anticipate each other's every move?

For 10-15 minutes?... A bit of a stretch. Even by Space Opera standards. Not to take anything away from Obi-Wan who obviously is no mug, especially if you add all the animated material into the mix, but Anakin at this point should have been too good for his teacher, right up until the "high ground"

We can chalk that one up to one of the many inconsistencies between the trilogies... like Leia remembering her real mother, and Obi-Wan forgetting the droids. :lol

And no, if George is to follow what he said in his own interviews, we can't make Ben more nimble because he's an old man and not a Jedi in his prime. :monkey3

ROTS by far the best prequel.
TPM comes next with several redeeming features: Qui-gonn, Darth Maul, Duel of the Fates, Palpatine. Really can't stand the pod race though.
AOTC last still with a couple of redeeming scenes: Dooku vs Yoda & Obi-wan vs Fett.

Back