Rank the Movies!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fair enough. That is an honest, rational assessment and much better said than the previous SG-1 crack. ;)

haha i only said it as a joke i dont want to cause a war, we all have fav films and films we dont like i got mates who cant stand predator and aliens.

Wow the new movie is geting A LOT of hate, I thought it was OK, I thought Temple and Crusade were OK too.
Now Raiders was a cool movie, it came out at a time when 'culturally' it ticked a lot of boxes that needed ticking, much like Star Wars did.
Unless based on a previous artform (literature for example) I see it as being pretty tough for any sequel to capture the zeitgeist of the original (it might actually manage to be a better constructed, or even scripted work, but at the end of the day a pure 'movie' sequel is ALWAYS derivative) Lucas can say what he likes about 'grand plans' but we can all see that much like Indy 'he makes it up as he goes along', so as unpopular as it may be, for me it's

Raiders (beyond reproach)

Skull (What can I say, I enjoyed it, Indy for the post Tomb Raider, gamer generation, and as far as I'm concerned 'Saucer Men from Mars' are just as viable as any deity, and NO I AM NOT A SCIENTOLOGIST!)

Temple (Good old fashioned romp, had some anoyancies, but hey!)

Crusade (Enjoyable, but too 'post modern' and ultimately I found Indy became more of a self aware caricature than he was in Skull... still enjoyed it, but by far the least, daft ending as well IMHO)

I never expected KOTCS to be on the same level as Raiders, but I was happily surprised that I enjoyed it more than Crusade.

Raiders>>>Doom>>Skull>>Crusade.

On a scale of 1 -10, 10 being absolutely loved it....

1. Doom (9 out of 10)
2. Raiders (8 out of 10)
3. Crystal Skull (7)
4. Crusade (7)

Gruson, to be more specific;
Raiders: Flawless
Temple of Doom: Great
Last Crusade: Good movie with some flawed scenes
Crystal Skull: Flawed movie with some good scenes
The tone of Crystal Skull seemed to me more like a f^^^n' Stephen Sommers Mummy movie then an Indy movie.
Crystal Skull :emperor

Raiders
Last Crusade
Crystal Skull
Temple of Doom

I love all of them, almost the same. Which surprises me that some people don't like Skull or even ..... Last Crusade:horror It was my favorite when I was little. I grew up with Indiana Jones, GREAT MOVIES!

-Ben

On a scale of 1 -10, 10 being absolutely loved it....

1. Doom (9 out of 10)
2. Raiders (8 out of 10)
3. Crystal Skull (7)
4. Crusade (7)

I like this idea. But I would modify it to how I rate each film on an Indy scale (meaning, how it measures up to what I want in an Indy movie). Using that model, here is how my list would read:

1. Raiders - 10/10 (There is no flaw I can find with that movie, on any level)
2. Crusade - 8.5/10
3. Skull - 7.5/10
4. Doom - 6/10

Raiders - A perfect movie 10 out of 10

Doom - Sure there are flaws but Indy kicks butt 8.5 out of 10

Swinging on vines and purposely jumping a car off a cliff onto a tree to land in the water are unforgivable. 1.5 out of 10

I didn't take that scene as Marion purposefully jumping the car into the tree. As high as the cliff was I don't even think the tree was visible from the car. I took it as her jumping the car thinking they could just land in the water and the tree ended up saving them.

Its still a bit "Looney Tunes-ish" but so was Indy hopping around looking for water with his feet on fire in Temple of Doom.

Finally saw Crystal Skull and thought it was good for what it was. That being said my ranking for these movies are as followed:

1. Doom
2. Raiders
3. Crystal
4. Crusade

Temple of Doom was my first foray into the Indiana Jones world when I was a kid and saw it in the theaters when I was 7 with my town's summer youth program. Thought it was the coolest thing ever. Raiders was great as well...but Crusade was the only one out of all 4 movies that had me constantly looking at my watch. Thats not a good thing.

Back