Rank the Movies!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think my ranking is now pretty firm:

1. RAIDERS (10.0)

2. TEMPLE OF DOOM (7.8)

3. CRYSTAL SKULL (7.0)

(tie) LAST CRUSADE (7.0)

Some people are lumping Last Crusade or TOD as worst than Crystal Skull. Crystal Skull did not have any tricks up its sleeve that made you go "whoa" that's new and cool. Compare that to Last Crusade where he had to pass the tests to get to the grail. Crysal Skull didnt have an awesome villain. How can you compare any of them to the challenge of getting past Mola Ram?

IMHO, it's the following order:
1) ROTLA
2) LC
3) TOD

4) KOTCS

I finally settled on a rank today.

1) Raiders
2) Temple of Doom
3) Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
4) Last Crusade.

None of them are bad, mind you. That's just the order I rank 'em.

1. Raiders
  2. Temple of Doom
  3. Last Crusade
  4. Crystal Skull

Correct order but it should look like this:

Raiders (perfect movie on all levels)

Temple of Doom
Last Crusade

Crystal Skull (awful and not worthy to even be an Indy film)

:)

I wouldn't be quite as strong as that, but it wasn't anywhere close to the previous three in my mind.

I rank them in the order of their release. :whip

Heres how i see it
Raiders
Temple
Crusade

hmmm did i miss one nah thats it there was a new film out called crystal skull but i could sware that was stargate sg-1??

Raiders of the Lost Ark
The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
The Temple of Doom
The Last Crusade

Crystal Skull (awful and not worthy to even be an Indy film)

hmmm did i miss one nah thats it there was a new film out called crystal skull but i could sware that was stargate sg-1??

Seriously, this is the kind of hyperbole we're talking about that makes online movie discussion almost unbearable today. :banghead

im sorry but crystal skull didnt have that same fun adventure film aspect to it unlike that the preivous 3 did

Some people are lumping Last Crusade or TOD as worst than Crystal Skull. Crystal Skull did not have any tricks up its sleeve that made you go "whoa" that's new and cool. Compare that to Last Crusade where he had to pass the tests to get to the grail.

I think it really would be best if you guys who didn't like Crystal Skull just said "for whatever reason it didn't work for me" because the rationale that most of you are giving is puzzling to say the least. Doing a forward roll on the floor while discs spin past him and then spelling out Jehovah on a giant Scrabble board are your benchmarks for "new and cool?"

Thank God Crystal Skull tried something totally wild (people hated Temple of Doom for going against the grain and now 20 years later most people rank it #2 in the series) instead of just reusing the exact same villains from Raiders of the Lost Ark or getting "cute" by having every single iconic Indy characteristic born on one wild train ride he had as a boy. Blech.

Last Crusade is still cool (praise the father/son dynamic) but it was just so uninspired and "safe" as mentioned before.

To me "new and cool" are: setting setting an Indy flick in the 50's, breaking tradition from religious Macguffins, and mixing genres. I don't think any of the other films were as gutsy as Crystal Skull and even thought I'd still rank Raiders and Temple above it I applaud its effort and the many elements it *did* do right.

Got to watch KOTCS earlier this week and really enjoy it. Always find it hard to do this ranking thing but i would say i really like them all the same except maybe Raider being my favorite because of pure nostalgia.

Back