Rank the Movies!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The worst scene in either RotLA, TOD or TLC is still better than the best scene in KotCS. I'm not surprised that some Indy fans are enjoying this film at all, just surprised that they are willing to overlook or excuse away the sloppy plot and lame premise or rank it above any of the others.

:lecture This man speaks the truth.

Change of heart since last night's second viewing of CS.

Raiders
TOD
KOTCS
TLC

There is something about the new one I like more than Last Crusade. Not sure what, but I do. It fits my personal preferences a little bit more I guess.

I'm gonna agree with your list Les, KOTCS and TLC are about on par w/each other. But I think I felt the new one was a bit more fun to watch overall... I tend to get a bit bored by TLC even though I think it was technically a smoother film.

Oh, come on EC... Hyperbole Alert!

Well that's in part why I started the Best/Worst scenes thread. To see for myself if it was hyperbole or not. I think you're right though that it was a BS statement, Willie Scott falling in the mud being a whiny pain in the ass, "Indeeee", was worse than the motorcycle chase in KotCS.

Raiders
Last Crusade
Crystal and Temple tied for 3rd

I liked Crystal Skull and Temple but neither have the well put together story that Raiders and Last Crusade have, in my opinion. Plus, I love Nazis as the villains. Communists and cults just aren't as cool for me.

My list will include the Dark Horse Comics

Raiders of the Lost Ark
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Indiana Jones and the Spear of Destiny
Indiana Jones and the Arms of Gold
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Indiana Jones and the Iron Phoenix
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb
Indiana Jones: Thunder in the Orient
Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Indiana Jones and the Sargasso Pirates
Indiana Jones and the Shrine of the Sea Devil

Raiders - A perfect movie 10 out of 10

Doom - Sure there are flaws but Indy kicks butt 8.5 out of 10

Crusade - Spielberg starts to get lazy. Some action scenes are just boring. Indy's dad and the Tank scene really saves this film for me. 6.5 out of 10

Skull - A bad movie with bad sit com moments. Did Indy really even do anything in this film??? Spielberg's PC shows as Indy never even fires a gun. Acting is bad action scenes are poor. Swinging on vines and purposely jumping a car off a cliff onto a tree to land in the water are unforgivable. 1.5 out of 10

1. Raiders of the Lost Ark -- one of the greatest all around films of all time

2. Temple of Doom -- not the "masterpiece" of Raiders but nevertheless the one I watch the most

3. Crystal Skull -- I'd like to say its #2 but due to the new car smell I'll put it third for now

4. Last Crusade -- a pretty good Indy movie but the least inspired and most derivative of the four

Back