Rank the Movies!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm moving on.

To me, simply adding the characters of Indy and Marion don't make a film an 'Indy' movie if it doesn't have the heart... and if 'Mutt' is the next Indy, which Lucas has hinted at, then those won't be 'Indy' movies either... it will forever be a trilogy to me :lol

Guess we didn't see the same movie then. It felt and looked like an Indy movie to me. I feel bad for you that it wasn't what you want.

1) The Last Crusade
2) Raiders of the Lost Ark
3) Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
4) Temple of Doom

Ditto to that BM.

Not even gonna put CS in there in last?
It doesn't deserve to be included with the list.
I'm moving on.

To me, simply adding the characters of Indy and Marion don't make a film an 'Indy' movie if it doesn't have the heart... and if 'Mutt' is the next Indy, which Lucas has hinted at, then those won't be 'Indy' movies either... it will forever be a trilogy to me :lol
Dusty you are completely right. **Having a reunion of the cast and throwing around CGI and stunts doesn't make this one of the Indy classics. Hopefully they won't include this one with the original trilogy Blu Ray set.

Raiders of the Lost Ark
The Last Crusade
Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Temple of Doom

I might change my mind again if I see Crystal Skull again. I found the movie a bit empty where Temple of Doom has "heart" :D

Raiders
Skull
Temple
Crusade

Although I'd put Temple in its own category -- it's the odd Indy movie out, both the most symbolic and the most implausible. Just a wild, weird ride.

Skull is actually similar to Crusade in that they're both riffs on Raiders, but this time it's all done with better style and the artifact is something intriguing in its own right, not just a thing to play off the family relationship off of. (And I like Crusade -- just less than the others. Actually, all of the sequels get 9/10 from me.)

Also, the "is-he-under-the-stone-crusher-already-or-isn't-he" montage from Temple is owned by anything in Skull. :p

The worst scene in either RotLA, TOD or TLC is still better than the best scene in KotCS.

I can't even think of a scene in any of the others that I thought, "Geez that's awful". Certainly not like in this new one.

Replace Indy in any of the first three with Brenden Fraiser (Mummy) or Nick Cage (National Treasure) or Angelina Jolie (Tomb Raider) and you still have a good film, not as good but it still would have a solid plot. I don't think the same is true for Skull. KotCS is much more on par with those adventure Jones clones than the OT Indy.

I'm not surprised that some Indy fans are enjoying this film at all, just surprised that they are willing to overlook or excuse away the sloppy plot and lame premise or rank it above any of the others.

My list.. and I don't care who doesn't agree with me... you all can sit and spin. :moon

1: Raiders
2: Temple of Doom
3: Crystal Skull
4: Last Crusade

:D

Raiders, of course
KOTCS - Bite me
TLC - Close third to Skull
ToD - Still leaves me cold. Not a bad movie, but very messy.

And the bridge scene... meh...

Raiders of the Lost Ark (not Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark)
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Back