Rancor vs. Luke Skywalker Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, the pads on the bottom of the base are larger in the back than the front. So it looks like it may be tilted slightly forward but its not falling over or anything. Yeah if you shove it forward it might. I didnt even notice until people started pointing it out. Mine balances fine. I still think its cool.

Actually, the pads on the bottom of the base are larger in the back than the front. So it looks like it may be tilted slightly forward but its not falling over or anything. Yeah if you shove it forward it might. I didnt even notice until people started pointing it out. Mine balances fine. I still think its cool.

My statue also :duff !!!

I've emailed Sideshow letting them know that I'd like to cancel this piece having seen the awful paint apps. I'm a completist normally but the Luke portriat is unforgiveable, as for the Rancor being green???????

I have told them that I'd be unhappy paying the Flexpay cancellation fee as the item is significantly different and inferior to the item that I pre-ordered. I'll let you know what they say.

In todays day and age it's not enough to settle for a bad piece for the sake of it, I for one will be voting with my wallet on this one. I'm sad though as I was really looking forward to this.

D
:(:(:(:mad::mad::mad:

I've emailed Sideshow letting them know that I'd like to cancel this piece

I have told them that I'd be unhappy paying the Flexpay cancellation fee as the item is significantly different and inferior to the item that I pre-ordered. I'll let you know what they say.

I already commented on this a few post back - They reduced the fee to $20 for me.

I already commented on this a few post back - They reduced the fee to $20 for me.

Yes but I don't feel as though I should have to pay a damn thing for this, zip, nada, niddy, just because the factory screwed it up.

D

Just a quick shots of mine.

DSC00502.jpg

DSC00504.jpg

DSC00505.jpg

DSC00507.jpg

DSC00510.jpg

DSC00515.jpg

Seems like the slant is more a factory "whoops" with the pads than an engineering flaw in the piece design, Sideshow is still accountable, but at least mispadding the base makes more sense than how it goes from standing fine on it's own in a prototype to tipping in production. Be curious if anyone's getting this with all 4 pads the same size, I can't imagine how anyone in a factory could repeatedly put different sized pads on every statue.

It isn't the pads alone, the balancing point (center of gravity) of this piece is obviously too far forward.

:sick

Wow, that would be ____ty... I assume the base is hollow... would have been easy to either counterbalance one side or make it heavier :duh

The SSW Smeagol bust and the Balrog LSB are also pieces that have questionable centers of gravity. :horror

Well, I'm on Flex and haven't made a payment yet, but I want to see if there's any chance of getting one that doesn't tip, if maybe some are messed up but not all, other than the tipping I'm fine with this thing, but I'm not spending almost $300 if it might fall over some day and break.

The SSW Smeagol bust and the Balrog LSB are also pieces that have questionable centers of gravity. :horror

I hear you about the Balrog LSB. I've never actually had it tip over, but I'm always afraid that it will. I think they should've made the bases a lot heavier on these kinds of pieces.

I really wanted to like this but he fact that it's about to fall over, the green shiny Rancor and the horrible Luke sculpt/paint just kills it.

Too bad really. It could have been a cool piece.:monkey2

I still think this thing is sweet. Something about the flow of the piece. And its not tipping over in the slightest. Just the pads very subtly raise the back a fraction. Not noticable on display unless you are scrutinizing it like we all do in here with our collectibles...lol.

I dont even care about the luke. Even if the luke looked great I wouldnt display it. I bought it for the gammy. I just look at it and can replay the scene of the rancor shoving him in his mouth. Then the metal chain and sweaty look of the rancor just tops it off. Very impressed. Yeah, I can see people having a problem with the price point-but with only 250 with the gammy-not bad. I would have liked to see it for about 50-75 less but after I got this out of the box I just cant see getting rid of it or sending it back. Just my opinion.

Some of the posted pics dont do it justice. We all know what flash can do to the look of the paint job on pieces. I mean I could pull out my DSLR camera and make it look like a scene from the movie with the right lighting, its that good.

Back