Rancor vs. Luke Skywalker Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like an easy decision when you put it that way :lol

:banana

Although I was hoping the rancor dio would turn out.

rancor.jpg

I'll be putting my $250 towards the 1:1 Gamorrean Guard bust.

So far a much better choice. :clap

I am sure he'll be hollow to a point (like Ackbar), but I don't think SS has fubar'd a 1:1 bust in production yet --- some have been fubar from the start. :lol

I don't like to come into threads and slam pieces, but they seriously did something to Luke because he looks horrible. I thought the prototype looked really good too. The shape of his head looks different now and his eyes are painted very strangely. :confused:

Oh and having some of them so far off balance is just inexcusable. No way any should have ever made it out of the factory like that.

hi ... long time lurker, first time poster.

just wanted to put my two cents in about this diorama. based on the pictures I saw here I called Sideshow to try to cancel mine but they told me it was too late, it already shipped out. I'm very glad I didn't cancel! Granted Luke is not the greatest, but he is not as bad as previous posted pics would suggest. Also, I found no hint of green color in the Rancor at all and the gammy paint job is very detailed in my opinion. No tilting yet. Overall very impressed and relieved.

Here are some pix to help anyone who may be considering this piece:

206k3e1.jpg

6rkq5z.jpg

25i9mx0.jpg

14ue0c4.jpg

29makw2.jpg

Nice photos, honestly, I'm confused by the unhappiness with the paint on the Rancor, this looks great to me.

6rkq5z.jpg

Jaydawg's looks completely different in color than mine. Completely.

His is definitely brown but mine is green as can be. Seems there may be two or more paint jobs floating around. His Luke even looks different.

Jaydawg's looks completely different in color than mine. Completely.

His is definitely brown but mine is green as can be. Seems there may be two or more paint jobs floating around. His Luke even looks different.

I dont think you should judge color by someone's photos. with proper or improper lighting and camera settings, the color and white balances can differ drastically from what is actually true.

I dont think you should judge color by someone's photos. with proper or improper lighting and camera settings, the color and white balances can differ drastically from what is actually true.

True but based on his pics and his comment it appears he got a brown one.

I sent an inquiry about the color to SS. We'll see what they say.

Here's a full pic of mine. To me he's green as a frog.

Last edited:
I was wondering if it was only people jumping to conclusions based on pictures that could possibly be faulty, but Cocoboloboy actually has one and says that the color is off.

That said, color is such a hugely subjective thing (and can vary so much from camera to camera) that it's very difficult to know if JayDawgOne and Cocoboloboy actually have different paint jobs or not. Personally, I don't think even Cocoboloboy's Rancor looks all that bad. I'm more concerned with the Luke likeness and the tipping issue.

I was wondering if it was only people jumping to conclusions based on pictures that could possibly be faulty, but Cocoboloboy actually has one and says that the color is off.

That said, color is such a hugely subjective thing (and can vary so much from camera to camera) that it's very difficult to know if JayDawgOne and Cocoboloboy actually have different paint jobs or not. Personally, I don't think even Cocoboloboy's Rancor looks all that bad. I'm more concerned with the Luke likeness and the tipping issue.

Indeed. I remember when Jabba came out and some people's pics made him look awful with no paint apps and some made him look better than the proto.

But Coco's is green. I'm actually thinking about reattempting buying this guy if mine looked like JayDawgOne's but I can't take that chance and have to return him and pay shipping twice.

Back