Ralph McQuarrie Artist Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars McQuarrie Collectibles by Sideshow.

So this line will be figures...1/6 right?

a rep on the other forum indicated there may be multiple lines carrying the mcqarrie badge (figs and statues). Right now they are contemplating 1/4 pfs vs 1/5 maquettes.

When did the Kotobukiya McQuarrie Luke and Vader get up to $300 on eBay? I should've picked it up when it was cheap. :slap

The Kotobukiya McQuarrie set is a great piece, one of Koto's best. And in a way it is a limited piece unlike most other 1:7 statues.

McQuarrie, IMHO, may be one of the best artists ever, but I won't be purchasing these. I understand that SS needs to strike while the iron is hot, but there are too many other items I would rather display. His work is better suited for art books.

I have 3 McQuarrie collectibles (except prints, art books and autographs): 2 GG Imperial busts and the Koto duel statue. And I'm really glad I got them - not to expensive and cool to have a physical rendition of his art. Though I easily passed on the eFX Vader helmet. So while I agree that most of his great work goes better for art books, there are exceptions.

the art before the films in the 70s captured a gritty feel to the whole star wars universe...it was great, i love rehashing that feeling..

Very excited for this. Now I need to find a way to make room.

Ill be getting these in PF or figures. With all this coming out I wonder if they're done with mythos and introducing a new line (this)

Sent from my SPH-M840 using Tapatalk

Well if they stop Mythos line after selling out those thousands of pieces then they surely don't know their business...which I doubt.

I would almost prefer 1/5 statues to 1/4 PFs. Most of Sideshow's PFs end up with awkward poses.

Very excited for this. Now I need to find a way to make room.

Hammer to the wall!

I would almost prefer 1/5 statues to 1/4 PFs. Most of Sideshow's PFs end up with awkward poses.
I prefer 1/5 to with matching bases like mythos.

Sent from my SPH-M840 using Tapatalk

One of the things I might consider getting is the McQuarrie Stormtrooper.

not a big fan, those look weird, prefer the normal star war statues.

i wish they would just continued with PF and mythos instead of branch into another series.

Anyway saves me some money.

I don't think it's any coincidence that this line has been announced now. The new SW TV show, Rebels, is heavily promoting the fact they are drawing a great deal from McQuarrie's work. With the newer and younger fanbase that show grabs, it will help sales of these once they begin to understand the history behind it. My two cents at least.

a rep on the other forum indicated there may be multiple lines carrying the mcqarrie badge (figs and statues). Right now they are contemplating 1/4 pfs vs 1/5 maquettes.

Hmm..ok... I thought I read a ssc comment on facebook saying figures...

they did say "figures" on FB, which led to the clarification that everything will be considered, but I believe a statue will be the first offering.

I have 3 McQuarrie collectibles (except prints, art books and autographs): 2 GG Imperial busts and the Koto duel statue. And I'm really glad I got them - not to expensive and cool to have a physical rendition of his art. Though I easily passed on the eFX Vader helmet. So while I agree that most of his great work goes better for art books, there are exceptions.

I don't have the Koto piece, but my 4 GG busts (Vader, Stormie, Snowie & Fett) are great pieces and I'm very glad to have them.

Back