Ralph McQuarrie Artist Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars McQuarrie Collectibles by Sideshow.

As cool as this is, I can't believe it's going onto 4 years that my Jedi Luke PF has been looking silly by himself on my shelf. Where the hell is the Vader companion piece to that?:gah::gah::gah:

I'm here. :wave

And I never subscribe to new threads anymore, but did here, so that should tell you the power of McQ!

I am 100% in for all of these.

I've wanted mcquarrie statues ever since GG announced their bust line.

Can't wait!

Great statue, but I will pass on it. I hope they preview Mara jade in this event!

I believe the original concept for vader was based on a samurai mask. The original concepts are great pieces to have for the die hard SW collector however with me winding down my collection I feel I'd be better suited to continue with the Mythos pieces and leg this pass.

Been waiting a long time for this announcement :yess: Love Mcquarrie's concept drawings. There are so many great statues to be made :panic:

He means during 12 Days of Sideshow. The PF has been announced for quite some time now... and then... nothing. :(

With Sideshow previewing Wonder Woman and announcing the new Star Wars McQ line...my head will explode if Sideshow previews Mara Jade. :thud:

Yea, I was thinking that as well. I'm still trying to get my hands down from pre-ordering Iron Patriot. :D

McQuarrie, IMHO, may be one of the best artists ever, but I won't be purchasing these. I understand that SS needs to strike while the iron is hot, but there are too many other items I would rather display. His work is better suited for art books.

Last edited:

When did the Kotobukiya McQuarrie Luke and Vader get up to $300 on eBay? I should've picked it up when it was cheap. :slap

Bleh. Not to diminish McQuarrie's work because I admire him but his stuff is not suited for this kind of medium in my opinion. Will pass on this stuff

Bleh. Not to diminish McQuarrie's work because I admire him but his stuff is not suited for this kind of medium in my opinion. Will pass on this stuff

You do have a point.... I do wonder if these would hold up on something like a 12" figure. I will be curious to see!

With Sideshow previewing Wonder Woman and announcing the new Star Wars McQ line...my head will explode if Sideshow previews Mara Jade. :thud:

I wouldn't hold your breath. Alex on SF said she isn't even sure where thst one is....

So this line will be figures...1/6 right?

Back