Rainmans 'Killer A'

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mike.jpg

Fixed Bill for you, that's 500.00 please

Rainmans New Project: 'Killer A'

I think Rainman killed that figure but I still think the movie is WAY over rated, I though it was terrible. You guys are jaded by the magic veil of Mr. Lee!! LOL

Movie - well that's a different story all together! I would agree it was an interesting movie - but I would safely say it was not in my top 10 Or even 15.

Sometimes the love for character surpasses way more than the love for the movie and hence the figures :)

Having said that the figures look stunning!

------------------------
My collection: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137019

I think Rainman killed that figure but I still think the movie is WAY over rated, I though it was terrible. You guys are jaded by the magic veil of Mr. Lee!! LOL

I don't know what you don't see but I guess it's not for everybody. This and There Will be Blood made huge splashes that year. Aside from outshining everything else that year, I think the other thing that they both have in common is that some people find them "slow", and others recognize their brilliance.

But the love for Anton & NCFOM wasn't spawned by Rainman's figure; the figure was spawned by the love of the character.

Army retired from collecting but when he was still frequenting the forum, he organized a top 5 common denominator list in the RM Wishlist thread. A bunch of us all submitted a wishlist of our top 10, Army entered it all on an Excel spread sheet and came up with the top 5 most popular. They were Anton, Bickle, Torrance, Bateman and Mickey The Pikey (Pitt in Snatch). That wasn't the exact order but Anton was #1 out of the top 5. Low and behold, after that survey he was the next figure made. Iminime ended up tackling Bateman but it's no coincidence that the rest of that list (sans Mickey) ended up getting made

I really liked NCFOM but There Will Be Blood got robbed for Best Picture and PTA for Director.

I don't remember them ever explaining the title no country for old men, does that mean the young survive in the young are in control? Come on Mike you should know this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't remember them ever explaining the title no country for old men, does that mean the young survive in the young are in control? Come on Mike you should know this

Got this off google: Even though Sheriff Ed Tom Bell doesn't appear on screen very often (compared to Chigur and Moss), he is the narrator and the protagonist of the movie. So, the title refers to the moral decline that gave birth to evil (Chigur) and depraved (Moss) individuals and made modern society unsuitable for "oldtimers".

I believe it's based on a poem - the movie name.
Also the movie is about the narrator the aging tommy le jones who finds the new criminals and the crime today not his cup of tea! It is far too much for him - antons evil nature, the greed and all the horrifying things he sees when he is trying to catch Anton. He also mentions i believe that prior to his time the sheriffs probably never needed guns or carried one (something like that) - so changing times, and the fact that he is overwhelmed and no match for today's criminals is the reason for the title. However - if you see it also shows ironically that he (tommy) is the only unharmed character in the end!

------------------------
My collection: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137019

You can take the title pretty literally as it's self explanatory. Chubby's post is the whole thing in a nutshell. When you strip the premise down to bare bones like that it doesn't seem so profound, but it's the delivery that's riveting

Long time no see bro :hi5:

Thanks! Why do you say? Because I don't use stands or because they're not behind glass?
I know man. I had a lot going on through the holidays so I wasn't on here much. I'm moving out of state soon so I had to buy a new house, find the kids a new school, etc.

The no stands thing is cool. I don't use them either. I'd just be worried about Anton falling forward and then all of them taking a tumble.

Back