Rainman project: Overlook Caretaker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rainmans new project: Overlook Caretaker

I don't think the eyes would be an easy fix. Painting eyes is a ***** to do, at least in my limited experience.

What I probably meant was "possible fix" as in its not a replacement of any nature! But i agree i shld have said it will still be painful! Sorry on that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Is Jack's height really an issue? I don't think he stands out from others really.

Quick crappy iphone pic: (Travis, Jack on TTM21, Plainview on TTM18)

IMG_2050_zpsx5seokog.jpg

Do agree with others on the head size being on the large side, reminds me a little of Anton. But ultimately I'm quite happy with this figure.

The issue is more on the "as is" fully assembled jacks. I think the body swap helps or shld help but the head and boots compound the height to some extent!

Great pic there! Some good figures - that plainview rocks!!!

Is Jack's height really an issue? I don't think he stands out from others really.

Quick crappy iphone pic: (Travis, Jack on TTM21, Plainview on TTM18)

IMG_2050_zpsx5seokog.jpg

Do agree with others on the head size being on the large side, reminds me a little of Anton. But ultimately I'm quite happy with this figure.

If anyone is really that bothered about the twins being out of scale.....the one true solution is to display them just the right distance away from your other stuff: i.e: round at my house.:wink1:

I feel bad for Lee. This is his artwork and yall wanna change everything. Im over the moon with my jack / gp, you guys need to ****in chill cause this is the best jack you're gonna get. What you bought came out BETTER THAN WHAT WAS SHOWN IN THE PROTOTYPES??? You all knew axe wasn't real metal and wood. And if u bought the dx/gp set u have something that wont be done ever again most likely.

Updating to real metal / wood axe isnt a big deal. Rainmans is still artwork and is amazing but some want real metal and wood. $40 is not breaking the bank here, and im willing to bet NONE of you throw lees in the garbage. Itll go safely back into your beautiful rainman packaging.

Anyways, you guys can get back to nit picking every detail. The only problems i saw with this release is overall scale (negligible imo since some figures just are over / undersized - even in Lees catalogue) and some eye color variations. Big deal - its still the best torrance sculpt and overall presentation your going to find.

I could nitpick any one of Rainman figures. Antons shirt color, Jacket fit and fabric feel, head size - Plainviews hat shape, color, his jacket color - V2's jacket / hat color - Wonkas Vest pattern - neck lengths across the board.......But why?

These represent his artistic representation of the films. They are beautiful. They remind me of generations of workmanship, learning, evolving, and creating all to lead us to this one man making us our favorite characters that no one else will to the level of detail. I think most are missing that.

Last edited:
I feel bad for Lee. This is his artwork and yall wanna change everything. Im over the moon with my jack / gp, you guys need to ****in chill cause this is the best jack you're gonna get. What you bought came out BETTER THAN WHAT WAS SHOWN IN THE PROTOTYPES??? You all knew axe wasn't real metal and wood. And if u bought the dx/gp set u have something that wont be done ever again most likely.

Updating to real metal / wood axe isnt a big deal. Rainmans is still artwork and is amazing but some want real metal and wood. $40 is not breaking the bank here, and im willing to bet NONE of you throw lees in the garbage. Itll go safely back into your beautiful rainman packaging.

Anyways, you guys can get back to nit picking every detail. The only problems i saw with this release is overall scale (negligible imo since some figures just are over / undersized - even in Lees catalogue) and some eye color variations. Big deal - its still the best torrance sculpt and overall presentation your going to find.

I could nitpick any one of Rainman figures. Antons shirt color, Jacket fit and fabric feel, head size - Plainviews hat shape, color, his jacket color - V2's jacket / hat color - Wonkas Vest pattern - neck lengths across the board.......But why?

These represent his artistic representation of the films. They are beautiful. They remind me of generations of workmanship, learning, evolving, and creating all to lead us to this one man making us our favorite characters that no one else will to the level of detail. I think most are missing that.

Well said... it's the nitpicking Nancy's that continuously want "realism" and always then justify by saying, "I have a keen eye," or that they are in this for "screen accuracy," as a way to then want to have their entitlement fulfilled. He calls it Rainman artwork... artwork being the imperative word. And "rainman" being it's his interpretation. You can't say you want the man to handle his projects and give us his ability, and then nitpick, "constructively critique" or hide behind comments like "suggestions," and want minuscule details to be perfect. Can't have it both ways.

Making respectful suggestions for improvement is not "hiding behind" anything or an insult to the person making stuff. Name calling and dismissing anyone with a comment or "nitpick" however is insulting. I've been witness to every Rainman project since the first Gunman and critical feedback from the customers has improved many of those projects in huge ways.

Making respectful suggestions for improvement is not "hiding behind" anything or an insult to the person making stuff. Name calling and dismissing anyone with a comment or "nitpick" however is insulting. I've been witness to every Rainman project since the first Gunman and critical feedback from the customers has improved many of those projects in huge ways.

I am all for suggestions during development - hence why we got a revised Danny - and earlier projects certain things have been changed. Constructive criticism is one thing. This project is DONE, Lee gave us his artwork. At this point it isn't going to change any outcome, it is just nit picking little things and my point is that most people are missing the aspect of what they received. Everything we asked to be changed was changed apart from shirt pattern - which is still the most accurate shirt ur going to find. I do not stop and look at my jack and say: Oh the white lines are a bit too thick on the pattern. It's the best Jack figure available, and nonetheless done by personally, my favorite artist. His interpretation is amazing, but you guys can make up your own minds about that.

Yes, the proto and sometimes production phase is for tweaks and suggestions. And I'm fine if someone wants to pick apart the work once in hand and continue to improve it to their liking. But yes, after the project is done and delivered it's unreasonable to ask for changes unless there's some big time difference from what was up for order.

I can understand about being bummed these aren't quite in scale with each other, there's no clear indication of that in the ordering pics, but sometimes that's how these handcrafted things turn out. It's something to be aware of with future multiple piece projects. :duff

Very well said guys and I am glad no one is attacking each other!

I think there are few buckets of collectors:

1) hard core "love and die" shining fans
2) hard core "love and die" lee fans (may or may not be love n die shining fans) and may have stretched and bought just cause of the "lee aura"
3) hard core love n die lee and shining fans
4) shining fans and also lee fans but not love and die for either

The dissatisfaction levels will be slightly more on category 2 and 4 because they will struggle to find a balance between $, output and inaccuracies. In any other category (1 and 4) you can pretty much reason as "best shining representation" or "love lee and his representation" and all shld be fine!

But that's with any purchase. Apart from size, and eye everything is as it was shown and there is no point in going round in circles.

Axe is an easy fix and is already being fixed

As for eyes I just wish he had a consistent brown or green (having two only complicates matters!)

First off, I will say that I do love Jack.
But I must say, that every once in a while, the size of the head bothers me a little bit.

Its usually at the first glance, cause its the first thing I notice.
But it eventually goes away, cause of course, you start to appreciate the sculpt and the whole figure.
the eyes, shoes, ax, likeness, or other things are not a concern cause its a beautiful figure.
I do wish the head is a tad smaller.

Last edited:
The Fergo axe is gonna be a nice option, glad it's happening.

The shirt can be redone by Yunsil with the correct plaid pattern. The interest is there and Im sure Rainman won't have any issues with getting Yunsil to do a run of plaid shirts. It shouldn't be treated like the Bill V2 vest. It's best to leave him alone about it and just pay the $40-$50 bucks to get it done. It would be a nice upgrade for all interested in getting things a bit more accurate.

The headsculpt size debate.....I don't get. If your comparing Rainmans sculpts to those peasy head Hottoys sculpts than go check yourself. The shape is fine, a body swap is easy enough because somthing like this deserves a high quality body. Nicholson like Anton both have big noggins....so nah...the headsculpts are fine.

Paint is a different story and I'm gonna have to say that upping the numbers in this with the whole open order process watered down the quality a bit but Lee still managed to provide a good enough quality offering for such a large project. I'm glad he admitted that it was too much and will reconsider these types of business approaches.

Other than that, I'm personally loving Jack, Danny, and twins. It's a great set overall.

Last edited:
Finally got a chance to set up Jack and friends. Overall it's an amazing set, up there as one of Rainman's best. Danny and the trike are really great as are the twins. I really like Jack's sculpt and the paint job looks pretty good to me. My Jack's eyes are greenish I think. There are little issues here and there but overall I'm really happy and I think that's really all that matters. This is a strong effort by Rainman and of course Robbie as well. I think the upgrades will just make this set even greater than it already is.

Last edited:
Could anyone tell me the address to ordering rainman 's works?thank you very much.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Back