Rainman project: Overlook Caretaker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why all this hate on Curley! Bro I sense a lot of contradiction and a pinch of Fan Boyism......... If you guys are replacing the shirt, the body, the hands and the axe then you basically bought a Head and clothing set on Jack.......

curl.jpg

Why all this hate on Curley! Bro I sense a lot of contradiction and a pinch of Fan Boyism......... If you guys are replacing the shirt, the body, the hands and the axe then you basically bought a Head and clothing set on Jack.......

View attachment 190824

Hmmm, ahh no we bought a grand......you bought a full. :lol
Your team green eyes though so you got lucky, unless you prefer brown eyes

Last edited:
I love how we are all blaming eachother for not bringing up the issues beforehand lol. I can't imagine no one thought the axe looked cheap from the beginning? Or missed that the shirt was off etc.

I guess I shouldn't have ignored the thread and expected you guys to do all the work :D lol

Well guess I'll have to go back to being my annoying, overly anyalitical and detail oriented vocal and nitpicky self ;) I suppose I should pay a visit to the regain thread before it's too late.

No ****, I think people like Leon911 said fans get overwhelmed with the Rainman magical ambience! He didn't change the shirt nor the axe because I don't think it was really brought to his attention , I am just as guilty as the rest of you . I see Iminime threads where people get all up on Denny's ass for a mole .1 centimeter out of place. Lee is an extremely open minded fair individual and would rather please his customers I believe, he did change Turbo's curls. You have to except Lee for his Artistic License more than him replicating screenshots from a movie. I know some of you have been waiting for 3 years for this figure and I don't understand if there were issues at preproduction why nobody spoke up. :dunno

I have the Wall Street Killer from IMINIME and the axe is a lot smaller then this one. I only say this because people asked for reference. I don't mind the axe being bigger but if the Wall Street Killer axe is in proper scale, then the answer is the axe should be smaller.

I'm satisfied with my figure. If Rainman wanted more input on the details, then he would have asked for it. I'm pretty sure he would have heard about the issues with the shirt, considering how frequently it was brought up earlier on, yet he went with what we got. And the axe may have been a sacrifice for the sake of his focus on Danny and the twins. But again, we've seen issues on that order in the past when he just chose not to focus as much as he could have. Improvements would be nice, but this isn't a mass commission. It's a Rainman Artwork piece. His stamp will be on this.

maybe someone could get a list together like they did for the butcher vest...and submit it to him since there was a lot of money involved....just saying...it would not hurt to try at this point...:)

maybe someone could get a list together like they did for the butcher vest...and submit it to him since there was a lot of money involved....just saying...it would not hurt to try at this point...:)
Regarding what? Axe, shirt, eyes, the body used, magnets in the feet of the twins, all of the above?

I was just thinking about the shirt to be honest....the shirt really has the most apparent possibility to be re-done by way of the butcher vest...and I know that was significantly less then this project...

The vest was a manufacturing problem. The shirt was shown at proto stage as the look. Like it or not, that's what you bought.

The constant talk about accuracy always comes up here. Rainman figures are very rarely completely accurate. Even the Bills aren't really there. I personally make things as close to the source material as possible but Lee just doesn't seem as concerned. Just the way it is.

I'm satisfied with my figure. If Rainman wanted more input on the details, then he would have asked for it. I'm pretty sure he would have heard about the issues with the shirt, considering how frequently it was brought up earlier on, yet he went with what we got. And the axe may have been a sacrifice for the sake of his focus on Danny and the twins. But again, we've seen issues on that order in the past when he just chose not to focus as much as he could have. Improvements would be nice, but this isn't a mass commission. It's a Rainman Artwork piece. His stamp will be on this.

Same here. I am over Jack's Brown Eyes.:lol I sent Lee pics of Jack's eyes. I mentioned there are a few of us on the Sideshow Freaks Board with this issue. His Response:
이창근 4:22pm Jun 14
Sometime really i am tired .
They are finding problem endless.
I have been making figure for 5years.
They have been finding something for issue.
I dont know why.
They never call me.
이창근
이창근 4:23pm Jun 14
They want to stand up on issue.

Rainmans new project: Overlook Caretaker

Below is not a criticism of the release -I have just compiled the flags people have raised and am just putting my views on each flag!

Shirt: non fixable by lee at this stage!

The shirt was what was shown. It is what it is! I don't think it's lees job to change what he already showed during prototype! I have said time and again to ignore all the nice dim lit pics when choosing what you buy! Buy - but with ample common sense that in hand in broad day light things look different!

Axe: non fixable by lee

last I know people were orgasming on axe wip pics! I don't think it's lees job to fix the axe now! Too late and it is exactly what was shown! It is horrible, probably very very "out of class" but it is what it is

Eyes: fixable by lee

That green is a horrible green on the eye! Nothing realistic about it! Brown is inaccurate ! Eyes are a mistake and if they need to be fixed for people they shld be! Cause that's not a prototype to actual mistake! It's a mistake and it will be an easy fix for him!

Jacks height: - non fixable by lee

now that is a blunder - call it what you want it's an issue probably lee was aware before he went on sale! Non fixable problem!

Twins: - non fixable by lee

they look really out of scale - in every possible pic! They also look very very different in each pic! This scale issue also probably lee was aware about before the sale but u should not expect him to correct twins!

I have huge respect for the man and probably i and many of us chat with him daily and hence we know mistakes are fine and everyone makes them but many of these are prior to prototyping mistakes so unless fixable we are all in it!

Carpet base: (??)

Not sure if many have this Issue - I spoke to a few people on pms and they said the carpet base velvet goes white at the corners and also is stretched so hard that in daylight you can see small white minuscule gaps in fabric that gives an appearance of the base being dusty!

Lastly - No one is holding or can hold anyone accountable but to blame the weather changes in Australia for your aunts cough in North Dakota is not the solution! (Ref: edition size cause most mistakes are prior to prototype)

Once again let's argue but with respect and mannerism!

I don't mince words cause I like to be fair - I think this entire release is being held to high respect standards because of lees Danny and Robbie's trike! I think those are just perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rainmans new project: Overlook Caretaker

might as well throw our figures into a bond fire now and summon pazuzu.

No man - all people need to do is understand you can't fix everything in a release!
He gave us what he showed and it looks great - so why so much cry around it! Let fix small aspects like axe etx and leave the rest the way it is!

Too much endless debate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back