Rainman project: Overlook Caretaker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say, and this will be my only comment on this, I really am shocked at how many people are so apparently appalled by getting exactly what you saw in the proto. I fully support a new run for a shirt and Fergos axe, but I don't fault rainman at all for that, that's personal preference and our prerogative if we want to spend more money on that stuff. He delivered and then some on what he promised.

OMFG what just happened! I am at work and cant read it all and I see Mr.Elvis had to come drop the HAMMER and represent! Thank you Seb for keeping it classy mate! Thank you all for the rep points I love you all but not as much as the Golden Girls. Those grannies are HOT! Cool stories bro!

I'm just gearing him for the disappointment I and many others are facing without any more open orders:yess: I cant wait to smash my ****ing head against the keyboard :computer then have six months to cry about it in the forums while all of you laugh at me. At least Regan isn't a must for me but you damn well know after its done I will be possessed by the Rainman allure.!

+1 Antony!
This is why their is a divide between some collectors because they buy rainmans art work rub it in people's faces and then complain about it not being spot on!
Name is is Rainman art works peeps not "Rainman life like spot on 1:6 doll"

Rainmans wonka is a great example.....his ompa's had different hair colours, the vest wasn't spot on...... How many people complained ?

It's art work what's the point in buying art replacing stuff you might of well just hired Geewhizz :rotfl
I thank god that there are more good will collectors than rotten apples!
Is Rainman doing more horror now?

Last edited:
Here is a pic of Wall Street Killer holding the axe for size comparison.

11401151_476928889151854_191938529023909208_n.jpg

I had bateman in the same pose as you for the longest time! haha I changed it up now

Thanks fellas. This is a great comparison because while Jack's is too big, Batman's is a little too small for the figure, even if it is scaled correctly by measurement. If it's not too much trouble and doesn't disturb your pose, can one of you guys give us a measurement on Batman's? I assuming on screen Bateman's is also a 36".

Now back to talking sensibly and rationally about Fergo's axe :monkey1

Here are a couple of sites that sell axes and someone asking a question on a forum. I looked around and they only come in 28", 32" & 36". There's no such thing as a 45" axe which is what Rainman's equals to by scale (7½").

Fire Axe Inc., Axes, Pickhead Axe

Firefighter Axe?L.N. Curtis for Axes and Sheaths | L.N. Curtis & sons

Best axe handle length?

I think the best approach is to find a middle ground of what is accurate and what looks good/right with the figure. 36" in sixth scale is 6". That may be accurate but it may not look good on the figure either. Rainman's is 7½" which is just long enough to look a bit abnormal.

So what do you guys think? Is 6¾"-7" a good balance between accuracy and what fits the figure well? I'd like to hear what Bateman's axe measures to before I'm sure but I'm sort of leaning to 7½"

Hmmm seems like I missed a lot haha, I'm not a perfectionist so maybe that's why I don't get all the negativity but having collected Rainman for a bit now I'm in love with this release, it's amazing and I couldn't be happier!

chubs beat me to it

68D4A67B-0C14-4C95-B700-D2E3ECEF22C7_zps2wilxtmv.jpg

BD4207B3-9A29-4A36-BF6E-6EFD77400AFF_zpso7dxtdx2.jpg

Damn that axe is big! Looks like a Giants axe!

Mum's the word. In time.

It's Tuesday afternoon / but I can still imagine you with a glass of Jack - and saying these lines! Already (?) :)

OMFG what just happened! I am at work and cant read it all and I see Mr.Elvis had to come drop the HAMMER and represent! Thank you Seb for keeping it classy mate! Thank you all for the rep points I love you all but not as much as the Golden Girls. Those grannies are HOT! Cool stories bro!

No one touches our Anthony! We got your back bro!!! And the golden girls ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea.

I did that at lunch so give me a few hours

Good man :hi5:

I think somewhere in the middle of the two is good but measurements will help us figure that out.

So what does the rest of the 99.9999999999999% of those who realize the axe is too big think?

It's Tuesday afternoon / but I can still imagine you with a glass of Jack - and saying these lines! Already (?) :)

... and a cigar my man... and a cigar :cool:

In my opinion the axe size isnt far off. If it is sized down to anywhere near Batemans size it will look completely off. At most i think a 1/4 inch in length but no more. Just my opinion.

Rainmans new project: Overlook Caretaker

In my opinion the axe size isnt far off. If it is sized down to anywhere near Batemans size it will look completely off. At most i think a 1/4 inch in length but no more. Just my opinion.

No one is recommending for it to be sized down completely! Mike explained the same - just a tad bit smaller! Keeping it in proportion to an already tall Jack figure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im in for the exact same size. But if it is sized down i hope it is seriously minor.

What I think needs to be done is that somebody finds a frame in the movie where they can tell the length of the axe in comparison to the size of Jack. Based on his actual size, the on screen axe can be measured and sized appropriately.

Keep threatening me with your subliminal side talk....Keep it up...... I dare you.

Stop replying please once and for all.
Just post whatever needs to be posted about the figure BUT STOP being agressive and offensive.

This is a final warning.

You have been banned once so keep doing what you like.

Im in for the exact same size. But if it is sized down i hope it is seriously minor.

I'm also completely in for the exact same Axe size. Getting it scaled down is going to hurt the visual menacing vibe the axe already has. Rainmans axe template with real wood and Metal = :drool

Back