Rainman project: Overlook Caretaker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People always say they want two facial expressions but I don't think that has ever happened. Slight additions are one thing but open mouth and closed mouth would mean a totally new sculpt. Not saying he won't but I believe it would be a first.

good point Robbie, closest thing would be the beat up/ normal heads of narrator but thats more a sculpt adjustment than all new sculpt. I do think however that if iminime can do it with bateman, both of which are 10/10 sculpts, I don't see why rainman can't do the same

good point Robbie, closest thing would be the beat up/ normal heads of narrator but thats more a sculpt adjustment than all new sculpt. I do think however that if iminime can do it with bateman, both of which are 10/10 sculpts, I don't see why rainman can't do the same

Iminime is a team. Rainman sculpts and paint the FS personally. Just look at how long the driver figure take to paint and deliver.

how is the time he takes to paint it and deliver it any different than when he offers a hatless plainview or BD Narrator? the extra time comes from the initial sculpt, which if he offers a different EX like a typewriter or alternate accessory he would be sculpting anyways. Its no different than previous releases

He did mentioned that narrator paint job was very time consuming and that he won't be able to do it any longer. Except if there's a price increase for his time painting the extra head, I'm assuming.

Is the Trike a deal breaker for anyone though? Personally I'm good with Jack himself. Trike is a bonus :lol

I'm not interested in the trike at all. Just 100% effort into Jack.

I agree with this even more so than the trike idea, make this a bare bones release and really really go in hard on the head sculpt Rainman. Spot on head and axe sculpts and we're in business.

Is the Trike a deal breaker for anyone though? Personally I'm good with Jack himself. Trike is a bonus :lol

Not a deal breaker what so ever. Just something that would make a few people sets extremely special.

Ooooh baby! I'm excited and nervous equally for this one. I'm so pumped that this is finally happening but I hope he can bring that gritty edge like Bill and Anton has and not make the sculpt too soft.

I don't see why anyone would discourage a DX :dunno. If you don't want the extras then you could always get a regular set or an H&C but the best way to handle the release is offer a spread that covers everyone's taste. And definitely don't discourage more accessories!!! Saying "I just want Jack with an axe" is letting The Man off easy!! :lol He's not going to make the set cheaper if he just offers a basic figure with an axe (nor will it change the final result of the sculpt) so let him make the set special with the usual amount of inclusions for the usual price. Let's not stop him from doing what he does best.

I can't see how this isn't DX material. There hasn't been one release of Jack so far that didn't come with 2 sculpts. Even Snyderman is offering 2 separate versions. I would think that two expressions for Jack would be the biggest no-brainer given possible and I'm surprised that some folks see it otherwise. I'm interested in Danny + trike too. Turbo has a good idea to make that a separate add on. A regular & DX Jack release with Danny as an add on covers everyone’s wants :exactly:

My vote for accessories would be axe (real metal head), whiskey bottle & glass, typewriter (secret item). DX could be an alternate sculpt and Danny could be an add on. This way the people who want it all have the option and the folks who want to go lighter can.

For the sculpts I'd say a crazed, teeth showing, here's Johnny-esq look is a given; I think a good counterpart to that would be something like the pic in the first post. Something with a slight smirk and a little dazed out. So one mildly whacky portrait and one off the chains, stark raving mad :google

Ooooh baby! I'm excited and nervous equally for this one. I'm so pumped that this is finally happening but I hope he can bring that gritty edge like Bill and Anton has and not make the sculpt too soft.

I don't see why anyone would discourage a DX :dunno. If you don't want the extras then you could always get a regular set or an H&C but the best way to handle the release is offer a spread that covers everyone's taste. And definitely don't discourage more accessories!!! Saying "I just want Jack with an axe" is letting The Man off easy!! :lol He's not going to make the set cheaper if he just offers a basic figure with an axe (nor will it change the final result of the sculpt) so let him make the set special with the usual amount of inclusions for the usual price. Let's not stop him from doing what he does best.

I can't see how this isn't DX material. There hasn't been one release of Jack so far that didn't come with 2 sculpts. Even Snyderman is offering 2 separate versions. I would think that two expressions for Jack would be the biggest no-brainer given possible and I'm surprised that some folks see it otherwise. I'm interested in Danny + trike too. Turbo has a good idea to make that a separate add on. A regular & DX Jack release with Danny as an add on covers everyone’s wants :exactly:

My vote for accessories would be axe (real metal head), whiskey bottle & glass, typewriter (secret item). DX could be an alternate sculpt and Danny could be an add on. This way the people who want it all have the option and the folks who want to go lighter can.

For the sculpts I'd say a crazed, teeth showing, here's Johnny-esq look is a given; I think a good counterpart to that would be something like the pic in the first post. Something with a slight smirk and a little dazed out. So one mildly whacky portrait and one off the chains, stark raving mad :google

100% agree with ya mike, this is the way to go.

Im also confused where people are getting this "more accessories = worse sculpt" statement from. The two things aren't related in any way lol

watched "Room 237" on Netflix the other day. A really interesting documentary on the shining and lots of hidden imagery, different film historians interpretations of what the film means etc are examined. Really makes you look at the film in different ways. There are a few kookey interpretations but overall a worthy watch

Back