Rainman project: Overlook Caretaker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rainmans new project: Overlook Madman

The typewriter is such an integral part of his character and the movie. Why even discourage including it with the set, especially for those who never owned the brothers one? It's not like he'll sculpt the typewriter first and thereby lose all his mojo to make a proper headsculpt.

Just my personal preference. It's nice to have but does it affect the way people will display him if not included? Doubt it. You'd be hard pressed to find one person displaying him with the typewriter. I'm sure he'll include it in the set but for me if the axe and sculpt are on point, everything else is gravy.

danny on tric...levit might by this as a DX...but Levit doesn't know yet...have the other different versions of Jack and all they really needed was a good paint job...not sure if RM can capture the look without making him look like a porcelane doll with a bland stare...

I really think there is no need for a DX for this figure.... A great sculpt, jack and the axe is all that is really needed for a killer display...

Please no DX head sculpt, do not want to see it get into the wrong hands and cause a huge fiasco again.
Danny on Tricycle, 1:1 room key, or even a tabletop maze diorama would kick ***, but would take up a detolf shelf side to side.

Also, really do not like the thought or idea of real hair. Can we all agree - no real hair?

You wouldnt go for a Danny DX??? He is the one who has the damn Shining for christs sake! Lol! We need that trust me!

Yup. With that DX, its what differentiate a rainman torrance release, compared to those bootleg or kitbash torrance figure.

You wouldnt go for a Danny DX??? He is the one who has the damn Shining for christs sake! Lol! We need that trust me!

Perfectly put :). Danny on trike would be the ideal DX (longshot I know) for me, no second sculpt please. If we can't get Danny would be happy to see DX passed over for this one.

I agree...feels like DXs are mandatory for every single Iminime and RM release nowadays...but Full figure is just as good if not better sometimes.

Whatever Lee decides, I'm still getting Jack :D

You can just have a Rainman H+C set and easily tell it apart from bashes and bootlegs. Don't need a DX to differentiate RM's Torrance from others. Although I have to agree that a release these days doesn't seem complete without a DX.

Danny on trikey is where it's at. I've been kicking that can down the road for a few months on the Rainman wishlist thread. Even sent Rainman all those pics for reference a few months back. Glad to see the support for it. Lets try and get it made fellas, Time to dust them off I guess.

Here's a W.I.P of the Tricycle.
E30360DC-1C90-4C17-8D73-BFC12502292E-1228-0000045290B6A439_zps4c09a4c5.jpg

The only thing I argue strongly in favor of is that it be made a static Danny sitting on the Trike like the pics and with his head turn facing back. Basically just like the original workup by MGO.

I had a brief conversation about this suggestion with him a few months back as well. The only way I think this works is if this particular item is offered seperate of the Figure so that the choice stands to either buy it as a companion piece or not. In otherwords Rainman should stick to just a Fullset Torrance as well as offer a small run of these for sale along side it as a companion piece on launch day. Some may want to just get Danny by itself.

Last edited:

Just my personal preference. It's nice to have but does it affect the way people will display him if not included? Doubt it. You'd be hard pressed to find one person displaying him with the typewriter. I'm sure he'll include it in the set but for me if the axe and sculpt are on point, everything else is gravy.

I have to agree with you. The typewriter, although a major part of the character, would need a desk for display. Laying it on the ground next to the figure doesn't do it justice.

Personally I'd rather go for the crazy drunk stare out the window expression as a dx release with the open mouth here's johnny as the standard than a Danny on trike accessory.

Id Even rather go for the broken through door before Danny actually. The brother typewriter is perfect and if I didn't have it that would be my vote for this dx

Last edited:
Personally I'd rather go for the crazy drunk stare out the window expression as a dx release with the open mouth here's johnny as the standard than a Danny on trike accessory.

Id Even rather go for the broken through door before Danny actually. The brother typewriter is perfect and if I didn't have it that would be my vote for this dx

Exactly why it shouldn't be offered as a DX accessory. It should be offered like the Clockwork Milkbar Lamp or Stuart Little accessory. Lets see how it goes and if he's even into the idea of even doing it, but personally I'd love to see a high quality Danny on Trike along side Jack Torrance.

Last edited:
Back